What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

the phantom menace

First Grade
I think it's pretty low rating... as is all the talkback radio shock jock shit. They just carry on like more than a lowly 200,000 people might care 😂

Bandwagon

Staff member
It's primary purpose is to set the agenda for their other outlets who filter it through a slightly less lunatic lens.

Which then sets the news of the day as lazy merkins in New's mainstream rivals pick up the stories and run with them.

84 Baby

Referee
Download Sizzletown episode 58 then near the end is the commercial for Morrison the musical.

My name is Scott John Morrison
And there’s a million things I haven’t done
Like order enough Covid vaccine for everyone

hindy111

Post Whore
What's people's predictions with mortgages and houses. I get impression most will.be paying about 5-6% on bank loams by end of 2023/2024.
Mines at 1.98% fixed for another 2.5yrs. I know a lot of people who are similar. It will be quite a hike.

84 Baby

Referee
Maybe 2024. Probably not 2023.
I moved half of my loans to P&I anticipating rate hikes and most of that is offset so at least I know the higher repayments are paying off debt and not interest

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe 2024. Probably not 2023.
I moved half of my loans to P&I anticipating rate hikes and most of that is offset so at least I know the higher repayments are paying off debt and not interest

I was confused by all this stuff so locked in fixed for 4yrs so know what have to pay. Got lucky with a low fixed rate. But once the terms over end of 2024 I feel like I will be paying $200 a week more

84 Baby

Referee
I was confused by all this stuff so locked in fixed for 4yrs so know what have to pay. Got lucky with a low fixed rate. But once the terms over end of 2024 I feel like I will be paying $200 a week more
Even at the low point, you were able to fix sub-2% for 4 years??? How the f**k did you scam that?
I got 1.98% on the remainder of my home loan but that was because it’s like 10% LVR, variable P&I, a discount from a professional association and had to change lenders. Even then it lasted all of a month before they moved it back above 2% (not that it really matters as it’s fully offset)

hindy111

Post Whore
Even at the low point, you were able to fix sub-2% for 4 years??? How the f**k did you scam that?
I got 1.98% on the remainder of my home loan but that was because it’s like 10% LVR, variable P&I, a discount from a professional association and had to change lenders. Even then it lasted all of a month before they moved it back above 2% (not that it really matters as it’s fully offset)

I originally got an investment loan. Then moved in after 6mths. And rang NAB about changing to a home owner loan as circumstances had changed. They said they can not change rate untill the 3yrs terms up. It was about 2.65% . I said well that wasn't explained to me as I told BANK id be moving after 1yrs I wouldn't of fixed for 3yrs at hugher rate. Then the manager said we will break your loan from fixed to variable and let you re do. So I fixed aslong as I could which was 4yrs. That was about 1.5yrs ago and what banks where offering.

84 Baby

Referee
I originally got an investment loan. Then moved in after 6mths. And rang NAB about changing to a home owner loan as circumstances had changed. They said they can not change rate untill the 3yrs terms up. It was about 2.65% . I said well that wasn't explained to me as I told BANK id be moving after 1yrs I wouldn't of fixed for 3yrs at hugher rate. Then the manager said we will break your loan from fixed to variable and let you re do. So I fixed aslong as I could which was 4yrs. That was about 1.5yrs ago and what banks where offering.
I don’t think they were offering that rate over 4 years even back then. Did you pay break fees?

hindy111

Post Whore
I don’t think they were offering that rate over 4 years even back then. Did you pay break fees?

No break fees.And yes they where. 4yrs was longest
The royal commission was coming after NAB I think at the time for bad advice on loans. I explained my situation and asked if I can change it to a home owner in 12mths to which I was told yes. It was never mentioned but the rate wouldn't change. I think it was just good timing.

84 Baby

Referee
No break fees.And yes they where. 4yrs was longest
The royal commission was coming after NAB I think at the time for bad advice on loans. I explained my situation and asked if I can change it to a home owner in 12mths to which I was told yes. It was never mentioned but the rate wouldn't change. I think it was just good timing.
They got a royally commissioned analling after they tried to anal you. It’s a good rate now. Not sure I’d have taken the 4 years still but if you don’t plan on moving then the 4 years is better than renting

Bandwagon

Staff member
I don't vote Labour, but I must say - I'm impressed with Albanese.

The way he handled the colossal submarine f**k-up from that imbecile Morrison was classy, and showed great political nous.

I think the French, for a number of reasons, are just glad they're not dealing with Scotty any more, so cut him a bit of a break in order to work towards repairing the relationship.

the phantom menace

First Grade
This kind of demon?
The Exorcist Classic Horror GIF by ALTER – The Best Horror Films

Latest posts