What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Dear gracious hosts here on eels Lu.

A family tip for people.

Instead of several family and friends households hiring one of those Rug Doctor machines, people can chip in and buy one.

Then it does the rounds of the family and in a short space of time, it pays for itself.

With Christmas approaching, it might be a good idea to get this onto the agenda around the table before uncle Ralph starts trying to pick up your wife and a fight follows.

FEBB2FC0-E9B2-4D14-B5BB-35DE4965F0EB.jpeg

4 families can chip in a couple of hundred each. It lasts for years.

Otherwise the rug doctor is like $40 a day to hire plus the defoamer stuff.

Apart from carpets and rugs, the car can be done and I was about to try it on the dog but was warned off.

He wanted to fight China who are our second biggest trading partner and has a massive nuclear arsenal.

We should just chill with them I think.

They could make life very difficult for us.

If we are provoked fine, but let’s avoid these unnecessary own goals.

Suitman

Post Whore
There's no doubt that many, including certain sections of the media always thought that the SMH were mad lefties.
Even my former parish priest used to give sermons on Sundays encouraging parishioners to cancel their SMH subscriptions. They were certainly amusing sermons.

Incorrect

Coach
you used the term "mad" lefties ...... implies very left ..... I think they are more left than right, but not mad left
And they need to play the game and offer an alternative view to the mad-right media outlets. But apart from only an odd few, this last election being one, SMH editorials on election days have traditionally thrown support behind the conservative options of the day...

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
you used the term "mad" lefties ...... implies very left ..... I think they are more left than right, but not mad left
Semantics and subjectivity. Merkins on the right would absolutely see them as lefties. I used to see them as centrists. A paper that used to report the news like the old says, but hey I view things through a different lense.

What is indisputable is that Costello's Nine Entertainment has signalled any position left of centre as being ancient history.

Yes, it's called being a moron.

His “distant drums of war” speech was quite stupid .

The problem with China is that their one party state politics is tricky and they aren’t necessarily focused on making money.

If Taiwan gets busy, we need to look at our role fairly carefully. Most analysts say little could be done militarily if they invaded.

Strategically, you’d wonder if we should have any role.

And like Russia, they won’t be minded to leave peacefully.

What we could do though, is bring a chunk of Taiwanese to Australia and enjoy their contribution. Industrious and hard working people. Top shelf.

Latest posts