What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

strider

Post Whore
If Russia don't invade the Ukraine, there is no proxy war.

Now Putin would obviously understand that, but invade he does.

So that begs the question who is actually responsible for the US conducting war by proxy with Russia in the Ukraine?

Of course you could level the claim that US involvement in the Ukraine prior to invasion was the catalyst, but it's not like Russia wasn't doing it's fair share there already either, so I'd say it's re-escalation of cold war doctrine, so you gotta look a look a lot further than just the latest events to see what's going on there.

Either way for mine I think that escalation into actual war lies at the feet of Putin, I mean it is the Russians that actually invaded another sovereign state, and I don't think the propaganda around de-Nazification holds up to any real scrutiny as justifiable cause for that escalation.

That doesn't come from a pro US, or anti-Russia perspective, I'm just not a big fan of imperialism. Cause I'm just not a big fan of war as a solution to any given dispute, and the defence of imperialism inevitably leads to war.
Of course its not solely about nazis in the ukraine - that literally what we said above ..... and I don't think thats the sole reason the evil Russians have given to justify it ..... but it IS a real thing - and those nazis have been terrorising people just trying to live their lives for a decade while no one in the world gave any f**ks

of course Putin is a sack of shit .... not saying otherwise ..... but he has been egged on for years to get to this point. The yanks want a war, they just don't want it to look like their decision and don't want their boys at the face of it - sacrifice some other peasants instead

the point being it's only now with the big push of the US/NATO/EU goverments and the MSM that the world of virtue signallers have come out of the woodwork to condem violence in the ukraine and aim it all at russia, whereas it has actually been going on for f**k knows how long ..... and it goes on in alot of other contries too - but hte masses just do whatever they are told ..... "oh look celebrities visiting Kyiv and shaking hands - must update my twitter with my outrage"

I just feel like the majority of people need something to follow. They need a leader and a course/purpose. So as unfair and shit the system we operate is it keeps 90% of the population in check.
You then have your great minds. Look at @strider @TheRam @I'm a loser baby... and myself pkus a few others and we are able to disect what's going on and haven't had our brains completely fried by media and the corruption that goes on.

But reality is we don't have the power to change the system so we just live the best lives we can in the current format.

I understand the system is bent but also needed for the sheeple
That's a very prestigious bunch.

hindy111

Post Whore
I just do whatever the system tells me to do. Can’t be f**ked thinking for myself.

Let's be honest. May as well make the best of living in it as you can't change it. Why I don't get into conspiracies theorists to much. I'm sure there is plenty of corruption shit happening but it doesn't effect me or even if it does I have no control over it.
So I'll just go to work, eat, drink sleep. Enjoy a few beers, a game of footy and a catch up with friends and family.

At some point I will perish. And pretty quickly I will be forgotten. Nothing but dust

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Let's be honest. May as well make the best of living in it as you can't change it. Why I don't get into conspiracies theorists to much. I'm sure there is plenty of corruption shit happening but it doesn't effect me or even if it does I have no control over it.
So I'll just go to work, eat, drink sleep. Enjoy a few beers, a game of footy and a catch up with friends and family.

At some point I will perish. And pretty quickly I will be forgotten. Nothing but dust
Same. I couldn’t give a shit about most conspiracy theories.

strider

Post Whore

One day it might affect you though .... and the merkins doing merkin things will be running amok with their power cos people sat back and gave no shits cos it didn't affect them at the time ...... and then you will be crying in your cornflakes.

Q: What's the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth?
A: About six months ... boom tish!!

hindy111

Post Whore
One day it might affect you though .... and the merkins doing merkin things will be running amok with their power cos people sat back and gave no shits cos it didn't affect them at the time ...... and then you will be crying in your cornflakes.

Q: What's the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth?
A: About six months ... boom tish!!

I'm trying to live a soft life here ffs.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Of course its not solely about nazis in the ukraine - that literally what we said above ..... and I don't think thats the sole reason the evil Russians have given to justify it ..... but it IS a real thing - and those nazis have been terrorising people just trying to live their lives for a decade while no one in the world gave any f**ks

of course Putin is a sack of shit .... not saying otherwise ..... but he has been egged on for years to get to this point. The yanks want a war, they just don't want it to look like their decision and don't want their boys at the face of it - sacrifice some other peasants instead

the point being it's only now with the big push of the US/NATO/EU goverments and the MSM that the world of virtue signallers have come out of the woodwork to condem violence in the ukraine and aim it all at russia, whereas it has actually been going on for f**k knows how long ..... and it goes on in alot of other contries too - but hte masses just do whatever they are told ..... "oh look celebrities visiting Kyiv and shaking hands - must update my twitter with my outrage"

Why on earth would the US actually want a war with Russia?

I get there's money to be made, and I get there's strategic objectives around US imperialism, but there's no f**king way they wanted this to escalate. It's really not in their interests.

strider

Post Whore
Why on earth would the US actually want a war with Russia?

I get there's money to be made, and I get there's strategic objectives around US imperialism, but there's no f**king way they wanted this to escalate. It's really not in their interests.
Seriously? ... apart from the things you aleady mentioned (and lets not discount the massive influence of the money to be made) and the fact the US has massive interests tied up in the ukraine - the yanks think everything about russia is bad ... they accuse em of everything (and plenty is probably true) .... russia is a massive threat to US dominance ... why wouldnt they want to get rid of Putin? ... why have the yanks needed to go to war elsewhere in the world? ... they have just learnt its better if someone else does the dirty work.

Chipmunk

Coach
Publicity stunt by the senator who no longer has any political leverage.

Yeah, you'd also have to think Lambie and her assistant are in the same position. Realistically it's unlikely Pocock won't vote with what the Greens would want unless it's something very very random.