What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Angry_eel

First Grade
I can see the angle of the Sun has changed in Sydney, to me it marks the start of the end of Winter. So does this mean if the War continues til next year, Europe is f**ked because of it's energy needs?

Gronk

Staff member
I can see the angle of the Sun has changed in Sydney, to me it marks the start of the end of Winter. So does this mean if the War continues til next year, Europe is f**ked because of it's energy needs?
Mainly Germany. They are most reliant on Russian gas. They decided to move away from Nuclear because of the "risk" after f**kushima and wanted to use gas as a transition fuel. Oops. They are currently reverting to the Nordic gas supplies.

Ukraine being the food bowl to the middle east and africa is a bigger threat.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Can't wait to see the back of Stuart Ayres.

He looks and sounds like one of the biggest suck ups I have ever seen. There have been plenty before him I reckon Stuart takes the cake.

You only have to watch him talk to know he has weaseled his way to sports minister.

And I am not surprised he got Penrith in first when it came to stadium funding and now gone screw the rest.

hindy111

Post Whore
Can't wait to see the back of Stuart Ayres.

He looks and sounds like one of the biggest suck ups I have ever seen. There have been plenty before him I reckon Stuart takes the cake.

You only have to watch him talk to know he has weaseled his way to sports minister.

And I am not surprised he got Penrith in first when it came to stadium funding and now gone screw the rest.

I went to school with him. He married his mates mum.

Gronk

Staff member
I went to school with him. He married his mates mum.
Marise Payne has no children. Plus they are not married. They have been together for nearly 20 years. Also Payne lived near airport and went to school in Burwood. Are you sure about this ?

hindy111

Post Whore
Marise Payne has no children. Plus they are not married. They have been together for nearly 20 years. Also Payne lived near airport and went to school in Burwood. Are you sure about this ?

I used to see them at Lapstone hotel always eating dinner. This is going back about 7-10yrs.
I assume it's the same lady. Sure? Not 100% but I know little about politics. My friends however said it was his mates mum.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Marise Payne has no children. Plus they are not married. They have been together for nearly 20 years.
All true. It seems Hindy's friend might have been mistaking his mate's Mum...

Anyway, Stuart Ayres has resigned his ministry and deputy leadership of the NSW Libs today.

We just have to wait for the well-timed release of ICAC's findings about Gladys and Daryl Maguire between now and the March 2023 election, and the NSW LNP will be well and truly cooked....

Gronk

Staff member
All true. It seems Hindy's friend might have been mistaking his mate's Mum...

Anyway, Stuart Ayres has resigned his ministry and deputy leadership of the NSW Libs today.

We just have to wait for the well-timed release of ICAC's findings about Gladys and Daryl Maguire between now and the March 2023 election, and the NSW LNP will be well and truly cooked....
Way to throw away power in NSW. All they had to do was keep their nose clean and it was theirs for as long as they wanted it.

This, right at the time when labor finally have got a normal, sensible leader.

1659498202476.png

King-Gutho94

Coach
Way to throw away power in NSW. All they had to do was keep their nose clean and it was theirs for as long as they wanted it.

This, right at the time when labor finally have got a normal, sensible leader.

View attachment 64460
I am not a political expert but i think they were in trouble once Gladys resigned.

People were prepared to look the other way with her shenanigans after the way she handled the pandemic and fought for the state.

And would have backed her in for another term. I wouldn't say she lost a lot of support when her dealings came out. Most people i run into felt sorry for her even when she resigned.

Now she is gone its a mess we have nurses, teachers & public transport workers striking on a regular basis over issues with the government as well. On top of all this other drama.

strider

Post Whore
Now she is gone its a mess we have nurses, teachers & public transport workers striking on a regular basis over issues with the government as well. On top of all this other drama.
do we think we wouldn't have all these strikes if Gladys was still around? ..... I think we still would .... there is an election coming - unions stirring it up

the phantom menace

First Grade
I think Gladys was a much stronger leader than Perrotet... and she would have sorted out the appalling stuff with the transport minister much better/earlier, so the strikes wouldn't have been necessary.