What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

King-Gutho94

Coach
do we think we wouldn't have all these strikes if Gladys was still around? ..... I think we still would .... there is an election coming - unions stirring it up
Yeah probably there would still be strikes.

But Gladys was the most popular politician I have ever seen. Everyone I spoke too at work and that when going through the pandemic loved or respected her. Especially that she fronted up nearly every day, showed compassion and fought for the state. Even if the others states were being arseholes especially on border control.

So I don't think the strikes would have mattered to the average person who don't give two shits about politics especially if they don't affect them generally.

She did enough through the pandemic to get another term to solve all the issues and be judged then.

hindy111

Post Whore
All true. It seems Hindy's friend might have been mistaking his mate's Mum...

Anyway, Stuart Ayres has resigned his ministry and deputy leadership of the NSW Libs today.

We just have to wait for the well-timed release of ICAC's findings about Gladys and Daryl Maguire between now and the March 2023 election, and the NSW LNP will be well and truly cooked....

Perhaps someone at the table said. It's probably his mates mum.
Chinese whispers. Next thing I am up for defamation.

f**k

Angry_eel

First Grade
Yeah probably there would still be strikes.

But Gladys was the most popular politician I have ever seen. Everyone I spoke too at work and that when going through the pandemic loved or respected her. Especially that she fronted up nearly every day, showed compassion and fought for the state. Even if the others states were being arseholes especially on border control.

So I don't think the strikes would have mattered to the average person who don't give two shits about politics especially if they don't affect them generally.

She did enough through the pandemic to get another term to solve all the issues and be judged then.
Agreed. At one point during the Pandemic, I thought she might be a chance to be PM, she was that popular. Shame about the dodgy bf and curruption.

Gronk

Staff member
Are the Libs clinging on to nuclear power just because uranium is dug out of the ground ? From what I can see the business case for NP doesn't stack up. Nobody wants the generator in their backyard, yet it needs to be located on the grid and needs a water source. Plus it will cost eleventy-seven billion dollars. At the end of the day the cost per KW is way higher than any other form of power generation.

Baseload power is a good argument.

Maybe they can building on the North Pine River in Dutton's electorate.

Why wouldn't the LNP get behind Hydrogen for baseload power ?

Bandwagon

Staff member
Are the Libs clinging on to nuclear power just because uranium is dug out of the ground ? From what I can see the business case for NP doesn't stack up. Nobody wants the generator in their backyard, yet it needs to be located on the grid and needs a water source. Plus it will cost eleventy-seven billion dollars. At the end of the day the cost per KW is way higher than any other form of power generation.

Baseload power is a good argument.

Maybe they can building on the North Pine River in Dutton's electorate.

Why wouldn't the LNP get behind Hydrogen for baseload power ?

It's a distraction which keeps their mates at Newscorp happy, and covers for not actually having an energy policy.

They had nine years to come up with a coordinated and doable energy policy, the best they could do was knife Turnbull over the proposed NEG, and bring a lump of coal to parliament.

If SMR's were actually delivering on the promise they've been spruiking now for years, nukes might well be worth revisiting as an option, but they aint, and what's currently on offer is more expensive, would have incredibly long lead times, and would likely involve a deal that has the government guaranteeing a floor price well above the average wholesale price or stumping up the capital themselves. ( or some form of both even ) to even get to the planning stage.