What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Bandwagon

Staff member
I understand I should care. I just do not. The way the world is run I have zero control over. I understand things are not equal.

I am not fussed on wealth. It is more about the personal achievement. If reaching your goal was by cheating doesn't that defeat the purpose? Seems a little pointless to me.

That's all fine.

Better to do what ever makes you happy than to focus on shit that makes you unhappy.

Me, I enjoy the exercise in thinking about this shit, not that it'll change f**k all.

strider

Post Whore
The only one who played the poltics card yesterday was you. The doctrine of the separation pf powers should allow a police commissioner to tell a politician to get f**ked.

You are oblivious to your own bias ... lol

Gronk

Staff member
You are oblivious to your own bias ... lol
You’re gaslighting and TBH not even very good at it.

Do you know who the Premier of NSW was when the ^^^^^ Croation 6 were arrested in 1979 (and convicted in 1980) ? Neville Wran - Labor.

strider

Post Whore
You’re gaslighting and TBH not even very good at it.

Do you know who the Premier of NSW was when the ^^^^^ Croation 6 were arrested in 1979 (and convicted in 1980) ? Neville Wran - Labor.
Which had nothing to do with your original post .... but B+ for trying to save face and look unbiased

Gronk

Staff member
Which had nothing to do with your original post .... but B+ for trying to save face and look unbiased
More of the same. For my bias to be exposed as you say, then you’d have similar labor stories that I have purposely ignored. What are they ? Cough up or stop with your opposite day gaslighting bullshit.

strider

Post Whore
More of the same. For my bias to be exposed as you say, then you’d have similar labor stories that I have purposely ignored. What are they ? Cough up or stop with your opposite day gaslighting bullshit.
You think you are not biased? .... its ok. Everyone is biased.

Gronk

Staff member
You think you are not biased? .... its ok. Everyone is biased.
Crickets. So basically I had a rant about small fish shit stirrer cooker Guru being stitched up by Strike Force Raptor (set up for bikies and orgnised crime) and Youtube shit stirrer Shanks being arrested by the Fixated Persons Unit (set up for mad merkin terrorists). Meanwhile because this all happened under the current government’s watch, you’re all butt hurt because unfair on liberals and you only said it because u luv labor ? FMD.

1676788791163.jpeg

Geeze your head will explode when you realise that I voted for Infrastructure Gladys in 2019 election. LMAO

strider

Post Whore
Crickets. So basically I had a rant about small fish shit stirrer cooker Guru being stitched up by Strike Force Raptor (set up for bikies and orgnised crime) and Youtube shit stirrer Shanks being arrested by the Fixated Persons Unit (set up for mad merkin terrorists). Meanwhile because this all happened under the current government’s watch, you’re all butt hurt because unfair on liberals and you only said it because u luv labor ? FMD.

View attachment 70436

Geeze your head will explode when you realise that I voted for Infrastructure Gladys in 2019 election. LMAO
Im not butt hurt in the slightest .... i agreed and said its good you are awake to it .... but i think its obvious that you posted it in the air of the pending election to point out dodgy LNP - and i agree its dodgy

Of course I cant give you an example of recent labor nsw doing the same cos they have been off in lala land for over a decade with no amount of influence. ... but Victoria Labor is probably a very comparable situation. Chairman Dan has used his storm troopers to detain, harass and coerce people who oppose him.

i dont think you have to be a rocket scientist to realise you have to be in power to exert power .... i think the longer a party stays in power, the more it goes to their head and the more they do dodgy shit. NSW libs have had a long run, they think they are king shits.

eel01s

Bench
What an excellent post!
Just on this point.

If the current government is already planning to spend tens or hundreds of billions on infrastructure, then why would that same money not be available to an alternative government?

The whole where's the money gonna come from thing has become little more than a meaningless trope, either they get it from general revenue, or they borrow it. In terms of infrastructure in particular, if the project doesn't provide enough benefit to justify borrowing the money, then it doesn't provide enough benefit to spend the money at all.

If alternatively it's being raised as part of a PPP, then the private sector sees value in ROI in their stake in the project. Particularly if the risk in the project is all worn by the government at any rate. If there is a viable return, then the PPP isn't really needed financially, as the return would generally have to be in excess of the bond rate in order for it to be at all an attractive investment.

Further if the government isn't borrowing to pay for any given project, it's taxing it's citizens to pay for it. Of course if the project doesn't provide a return it 's taxing to repay the borrowings.

What irks me though is that once you you have a project that does make a return, is that return is little more than a deferral of tax to the folks that use it at any rate. So we get asset recycling, where the government can build shit, claim it has no impact on the budget, and they won't need to raise taxes, because at the end of the day, the "deferred tax" is paid to the private sector instead, and realised as profit.

From that I think it reasonable to assert that the current status quo is that the governmant lays claim to building much of this infrastructure by being little more than a facilitator of the private sector, and in doing so transfers what would otherwise be taxes, into what is now profit, essentially gifting the private sector the same guaranteed income streams as taxes are for the government.

An example of how ridiculous this is, is Minns policy on limiting the amount of tolls you will pay, and the reality that it will cost the state billions of dollars. It's perverse because what it amounts to is a tax cut, being funded by taxes ( yeah, what the f**k? ), that then props up private sector profits. What's wrong there is not so much the policy itself, rather that there is any need for the policy to exist in the first place.

84 Baby

Referee
A new flag. Far to many colours. What where they thinking?
It is shit on the eyes. Anyone else sick of hearing all this?
I'm happy to hang with anyone. I think majority of people now are acceptable of most other peoples sexuality or religion or race.

I feel like if we all want to be equal and blend in having special flags and events and days to celebrate is only creating separation. It's fine if your an LGBTQ+ Bit over hearing about it everyday.
What about others who aren't accepted and have no friends just for being weird merkins. Atleast these people have a community and friends.

View attachment 70425
I got corrected the other day on calling a person him when I should have been saying them. So I threw this out in response

It didn’t land. But I laughed

Latest posts