What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Imagine if this happened in our country ? One of their (high court equivalent) supreme court judges who assented to the bizarre Trump “immunity” case. Meanwhile, Trump convinced everyone that HE was going to drain the swamp.

==================

Last month, anti-corruption watchdog group Fix the Court totaled Thomas' giftsand found that the conservative jurist had received approximately $4 million in giftsdating back to 2004 – far more than any other justice on the Supreme Court. And of the 193 gifts Thomas received, he only listed 27 on his required financial disclosure reports.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Watch Biden live and unfiltered at the NATO conference answering multiple questions without a teleprompter, 730am tomorrow morning Australian time for full Swampy Joe coverage!

King-Gutho94

Coach
Should all retail outlets (i.e inclusing food and drink), also close at sports matches on ANZAC Day?

Or are you happy to pick and choose what is an acceptable retail outlet that has to close on ANZAC Day?

Do you want Amazon and Ebay websites to shut to?
Shopping Centres don't need to be open and neither do Woolworths or Coles on ANZAC Day.

Why do you need to go the shops for on ANZAC Day.

When it comes to sporting events well technically they are operating in a licensed premises of a stadium.

And they ain't open 7 days a week like all the retail shops in shopping centres.

Online shopping is irrelevant to this discussion about retail trade being open its completely different market.

Gronk

Staff member
Watch Biden live and unfiltered at the NATO conference answering multiple questions without a teleprompter, 730am tomorrow morning Australian time for full Swampy Joe coverage!

All the Democrats are now in for far right conspiracy cheap fakes! What is going on?!?

*Sips penis**
Cheers!
Try again without the sarcasm.

I think we can stop with the Joseph Goebbels thing where merkins counter the dodge about Trump with made up dodge about Biden.

It's clear that there is an upswing in momentum for Joe to retire.

Interesting times ahead.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Geez Twitter is f**ked up atm, mostly American politics which is obviously paid for to appear in everyone's feeds.

Most of the posts are just primary school stuff.

strider

Post Whore
Woolies are doing cheap plastic aussie flags n shit again .... for the olympics its ok to not save the planet from plastic shit, but for australia day it was supposedly a problem (well lets be honest, it was an excuse to cover the real reason)

Gronk

Staff member

hindy111

Post Whore
Should all retail outlets (i.e inclusing food and drink), also close at sports matches on ANZAC Day?

Or are you happy to pick and choose what is an acceptable retail outlet that has to close on ANZAC Day?

Do you want Amazon and Ebay websites to shut to?

I used to like it in the 80s when shops all shut at 2pm on a Saturday and nothing was open on a Sunday as far as retail goes.
I understand this won't happen nowdays but I'd like to see retail shut at 1pm on a Sunday every week.

hindy111

Post Whore

Yes we have been saying for the last 2yrs he has lost his marbles and pisses his pants

hindy111

Post Whore
Woolies are doing cheap plastic aussie flags n shit again .... for the olympics its ok to not save the planet from plastic shit, but for australia day it was supposedly a problem (well lets be honest, it was an excuse to cover the real reason)

I just drove pass a house down the road from me who had a Palestinian flag,Aboriginal flag, Ukrainian flag and a Gay flag. 4 flags

Chipmunk

Coach
Because retail employees get pressured to work. Those that are not full time with set hours, will be overlooked for not being team players.
Most retail workers I know love working public holidays, because it is 2.5 times pay for doing the same job.

Chipmunk

Coach
Shopping Centres don't need to be open and neither do Woolworths or Coles on ANZAC Day.

Why do you need to go the shops for on ANZAC Day.

When it comes to sporting events well technically they are operating in a licensed premises of a stadium.

And they ain't open 7 days a week like all the retail shops in shopping centres.

Online shopping is irrelevant to this discussion about retail trade being open its completely different market.
Not that it impacts me, but why can football lovers still get their fix on ANZAC Day, but not regular shopping lovers?

Why should shopping centres have to close but licenced premises can open?

Chipmunk

Coach
I used to like it in the 80s when shops all shut at 2pm on a Saturday and nothing was open on a Sunday as far as retail goes.
I understand this won't happen nowdays but I'd like to see retail shut at 1pm on a Sunday every week.
You should move to non-metropolitan or tourist Queensland. Everywhere is closed on a Sunday.

Why do you want retail to shut at 1pm on a Sunday?