What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Other nations living standard are on the rise whilst we still are in decline. Who is to blame?

View attachment 90940

Aussies have borrowed too much money.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Woolies are doing cheap plastic aussie flags n shit again .... for the olympics its ok to not save the planet from plastic shit, but for australia day it was supposedly a problem (well lets be honest, it was an excuse to cover the real reason)

That wasn't the reason, I don't know what you think the real reason was, or why they needed an excuse to cover for it, but their CEO said ..........

Banducci clarified the decision was based on declining sales of such merchandise.

The decision to stock this mostly imported merchandise has to be made almost 12 months in advance, and it was deemed not commercially viable.

“In terms of merchandising – our commercial decision to not stock specific Australian Day general merchandise was made on the basis of steeply declining sales. The decision to stock this mostly imported merchandise has to be made almost 12 months in advance. So as a business decision, it doesn’t make commercial sense,” Banducci explained.

Although it really does sound suss that a retailer wouldn't want to stock shit that wasn't selling. I mean who does that?

strider

Post Whore
A lot of the backroom staff have a lot to answer for in regards to Biden.

Fancy telling the world he is fit for office.

Give me a break you wouldn't trust the bloke to drive 5 mins down the road to the IGA to get a loaf of bread without getting lost.

US politics have become an a clown-show and its downright embarrassing for a so called super power of the world they have no viable or at least half competent candidates on both sides.
its not just Biden's staff .... its far bigger than that ..... most of the MSM in the USA has run cover for him for his entire Presidency, infact ever the run up to him getting elected .... the obvious exception being Fox News

The weird part is, they have now been given the green light to absolutely shit can him - and they are going for it with both barrels - lol

Every merkin is turning on him now ..... the cool thing is to call him past it, so everyone is jumping in ..... even people who flat out were calling it bullshit until just weeks earlier

I guess him being a a demented old bugger is just another one of those things that was said to be a conspiracy theory, until it flipped

strider

Post Whore
That wasn't the reason, I don't know what you think the real reason was, or why they needed an excuse to cover for it, but their CEO said ..........

Banducci clarified the decision was based on declining sales of such merchandise.

The decision to stock this mostly imported merchandise has to be made almost 12 months in advance, and it was deemed not commercially viable.

“In terms of merchandising – our commercial decision to not stock specific Australian Day general merchandise was made on the basis of steeply declining sales. The decision to stock this mostly imported merchandise has to be made almost 12 months in advance. So as a business decision, it doesn’t make commercial sense,” Banducci explained.

Although it really does sound suss that a retailer wouldn't want to stock shit that wasn't selling. I mean who does that?
well the important part of that statement is .... "Banducci clarified the decision" .... he didn't "clarify" shit - he changed his tune ..... the original reason given was that it didn't align with australian's current thinking on australia day (I'm paraphrasing) ..... he got backlash and then went into damage control and went all in on the "commercial decision" thing .... I'm not saying there is zero truth to some sales decline (virtue signalling is real after all), but I'd say he was making shit up to some extent

I guess they now think Australian's love plastic shit again

Bandwagon

Staff member
its not just Biden's staff .... its far bigger than that ..... most of the MSM in the USA has run cover for him for his entire Presidency, infact ever the run up to him getting elected .... the obvious exception being Fox News

The weird part is, they have now been given the green light to absolutely shit can him - and they are going for it with both barrels - lol

Every merkin is turning on him now ..... the cool thing is to call him past it, so everyone is jumping in ..... even people who flat out were calling it bullshit until just weeks earlier

I guess him being a a demented old bugger is just another one of those things that was said to be a conspiracy theory, until it flipped

TBH I reckon analytically his brains still there, the thinking process is fine, the delivery is falling apart, and as is often the case with these kinda things it's accelerating.

12 months ago he was ok he was ok, most of this shit was getting blown right out of proportion, now though it's pretty obvious that he won't make it though another four years.

Bandwagon

Staff member

Lolz mate, so you refuse to back it up ( like how f**king hard would that be ) and want to have a little tanty about it.

Anyways, here ya go mate........

From the original statement to channel 7 News, who from memory " broke " the story..

“While Australian flags are sold within BIG W all year round, we don’t have any additional themed merchandise available to purchase in-store in our Supermarkets or BIG W ahead of Australia Day,” a Woolworths Group spokesperson said.

“There has been a gradual decline in demand for Australia Day merchandise from our stores over recent years. At the same time there’s been broader discussion about 26 January and what it means to different parts of the community.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well there ya go

What was the line above that mate that you conveniently ignored?

Was it..............

“There has been a gradual decline in demand for Australia Day merchandise from our stores over recent years.

........ why yes, I think it was.

Corporations exist to make money, whatever decisions they make are about making money, if they are making decisions that seem political or culture warsey in nature, it's because they believe that decision will lead to them making more money.

strider

Post Whore
If I questioned the ability of both candidates then it can't be.

Time for your "both sides" post and then you throw in a BUT about the person you wish to denigrate.
LMAO .... gronk does no wrong

You playing wanker games again .... white on white ..... oooooh you so tricky

strider

Post Whore
What was the line above that mate that you conveniently ignored?

Was it..............

........ why yes, I think it was.

Corporations exist to make money, whatever decisions they make are about making money, if they are making decisions that seem political or culture warsey in nature, it's because they believe that decision will lead to them making more money.
Im not conveniently ignoring anything .... i said im sure there was also commercial things involved ..... he said it

Bandwagon

Staff member
Im not conveniently ignoring anything .... i said im sure there was also commercial things involved ..... he said it

Here's what you claimed mate that I replied to..............

Woolies are doing cheap plastic aussie flags n shit again .... for the olympics its ok to not save the planet from plastic shit, but for australia day it was supposedly a problem (well lets be honest, it was an excuse to cover the real reason)

So the bolded that you stated to be the reason given to "cover" the "real reason", was never given as a reason, and there was no cover, nothing.

The reasons were stated, they weren't hidden, or cover or any of that shit, and the primary reason was financial viability.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Trump is still pretty sharp for a 78 year old.

Yeah he's ok on his feet, but he basically just lies and doesn't f**king care, so there's that.

Also he really is a dumb merkin. Battery boat sinks cause too heavy- shark or electrocution. Bleach kills it, I asked the doctor if there was some way we could you know like injection or something, etc. etc. Camera, Person, Giraffe, TV whatever