What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

eels_fan

First Grade
Retail workers definitely don’t want stores closed on Sundays - it’s the only day they get decent wages.

as for Anzac Day, shops/stores been closed all day in Qld forever

Chipmunk

Coach
Family and friends time. Restaurants would still be open obviously.
But that's what your family and friends like to do. What if other people have family and friends that like visiting shopping malls together? Why should you be allowed to do what you like to, but other people can't?

hindy111

Post Whore
But that's what your family and friends like to do. What if other people have family and friends that like visiting shopping malls together? Why should you be allowed to do what you like to, but other people can't?

Well that's a valid point. I just feel slowing the city down is nice. At the sametime I love convenience.

Chipmunk

Coach
Well that's a valid point. I just feel slowing the city down is nice. At the sametime I love convenience.
That's fair enough. To be honest, I don't personally care if shopping malls are open on Sundays or public holidays, but there are others that enjoy that they are.

I just think telling certain retail outlets that they can't open on certain days is just over-governance and regulation for no real great reason or benefit. We're far too over-governed and regulated as it is.

strider

Post Whore
I used to like it in the 80s when shops all shut at 2pm on a Saturday and nothing was open on a Sunday as far as retail goes.
I understand this won't happen nowdays but I'd like to see retail shut at 1pm on a Sunday every week.
Yeah .... how did we ever survive

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yes we have been saying for the last 2yrs he has lost his marbles and pisses his pants

well they are both in their 80s so both suffer from incontinence, but yeah, that's a reason to vote or not vote for someone

ImTheMan

Juniors

Freudian Slip? Is Zelensky actually Putin? Maybe more to be revealed in his delayed live conference

*Sips water*

Oops I mean penis*!
Cheers!

ImTheMan

Juniors
That's fair enough. To be honest, I don't personally care if shopping malls are open on Sundays or public holidays, but there are others that enjoy that they are.

I just think telling certain retail outlets that they can't open on certain days is just over-governance and regulation for no real great reason or benefit. We're far too over-governed and regulated as it is.
Very true. For every retail worker that doesn't work Sunday's, there are plenty more lining up for the penalty rates. It's part of the gig. Everything should shut on Anzac Day if one industry has to probably. A step in the right direction, maybe?

*Sips penis**
Cheers!

ImTheMan

Juniors
The thrilling conclusion: Biden thinks Kamala Harris is Vice President Trump. What a world we live in.

*Sips water*
Cheers!

King-Gutho94

Coach
A lot of the backroom staff have a lot to answer for in regards to Biden.

Fancy telling the world he is fit for office.

Give me a break you wouldn't trust the bloke to drive 5 mins down the road to the IGA to get a loaf of bread without getting lost.

US politics have become an a clown-show and its downright embarrassing for a so called super power of the world they have no viable or at least half competent candidates on both sides.

Gronk

Staff member
A lot of the backroom staff have a lot to answer for in regards to Biden.

Fancy telling the world he is fit for office.

Give me a break you wouldn't trust the bloke to drive 5 mins down the road to the IGA to get a loaf of bread without getting lost.

US politics have become an a clown-show and its downright embarrassing for a so called super power of the world they have no viable or at least half competent candidates on both sides.
I know everyone has a "side" in this game, buy surely you can keep it real about the ability of both candidates