What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

As much as I abhor gun violence, the American "right" to bear arms, and (of course) the fact someone died and another(s) harmed today... if you ARE going to try something like this on over there, to today's now dead shooter it has to be said:

Gronk

Staff member
I'm not sure what you were trying to say with your leftist to mentally ill comment.
The narrative on socials is that the shooter is a crazy leftist. Then when someone named him as a republican, the narrative when quickly to a mentally ill guy.

I said hours ago ^^^^^ that whoever did it was a nutter. I am not driving this left vs right bullshit on here.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Better sources Phantom, someone with this ability to evade secret service security would have a red herring or two like being a registered republican, unsurprising. There is absolutely no egg or substance there. Both sides have violent extremists that talk the talk which is all J6 was, no one died except Ashley, it's just that the vitriol on the left (Biden even tweeted the last few days he was a dictator and needs to be put in a bullseye, source: https://x.com/joebiden) leads to real violence which surprisingly wasn't sooner. Every day leftists I knew in Australia used to hope this happened in 2016. The leftist media will now hopefully tone it down. Credit to Biden for admitting the need for calm after the fact, too late. Much like Albo's realization he needed to temporarily lower immigration not double it.

*Sips whiskey*
Cheers!

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Are you insinuating that a person who attempts to shoot a former present wouldn't automatically be mentally ill?
Yep, there’s no exfiltration from such a mission. The shooter was somebody’s dupe, or a jihadist. The mullet tells me the latter is unlikely.

Better sources Phantom, someone with this ability to evade secret service security would have a red herring or two like being a registered republican, unsurprising.
I'm not sure the shooter evaded secret service security at all...? Reports have the shooter positioned well outside the event, and the secret service allegedly shot the shooter dead anyway.

So no reason not to think the shooter was mentally ill (since we all agree he'd have to be *) and a member of the Republican party (as already reported, and linked in above posts).

* All of us except @Pou...

Both sides have violent extremists that talk the talk
That is undoubtedly true, unfortunately. As it is potentially in any form of conflict.
Credit to Biden for admitting the need for calm
Yes, as you'd expect from a serving President. Trump did similar after the event on Jan 6, except as the outgoing President in the context of narrative of continually challenging (whining about) the election result.

Latest posts