What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Yawn buzzwords and it works both ways. If you don't know about Hilary calling Trump an illegitimate president first and to resist because she won the popular vote causing violence and BLM riots referred to "The Summer of Love" by Pelosi you are a memory holed sponge at this point. Don't pick and choose what democracy is based on your leanings.
WFT are you talking about. Quoting me out of context achieves nothing.

ImTheMan

Juniors
A neutral piece on all the "misinformation" and "disinformation" you ranted and raved about for four years since you seemed to have forgotten

"
Instead of honest soul-searching about how and why so many voters in the upper Midwest took a chance on Trump and rejected Hillary Clinton (after many of them had voted for Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012), far too many Democrats began espousing wildly exaggerated tales of Russian interference in the 2016 election, including outlandish (and now debunked) stories of active collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian intelligence services. Blaming nefarious foreign influences was so much more psychologically consoling, and so much better for ratings and voter mobilization, than asking hard questions about the party's declining appeal among working-class voters. So that's what far too many influential Democrats did.

The blame-dodging often took the form of claims about the Trump presidency that anticipated the nonsense that Trump now asserts about Biden. In May 2017, then-House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi tweeted, "Our election was hijacked. There is no question." On MSNBC, prime time hosts pushed paranoid Russia-related stories nightly for months on end through 2017 and 2018, many of them insinuating that Russia had actively conspired to put Trump in the White House. Some even accused Trump of being a literal Russian asset — a Manchurian candidate placed in the Oval Office in order to do the direct bidding of Vladimir Putin himself. No wonder that by 2019, Hillary Clinton herself had taken to calling Trump an "illegitimate president."

crocodile

Bench
Good to bloody hear. A shame the clouds are moving at current rate of knots. Should still be ok though. If anyone gets any good pics and posts them in the non footy thread along with a pic of the wine it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
F38603F4-24E3-45A0-9CBD-F3228AC3EFFC.jpeg
A decent drop. Pity about the sunset and ensuing performance. At least the Wannabees won.

ImTheMan

Juniors
It's very hard having a meaningful discussion with you.
That's on you buddy. You don't continue the discussion, you end it and move on when someone disagrees or offers "alternative facts". All good, I have accepted this. Users on the other site whilst rougher around the edges are more often not afraid to engage with different ideas politically.

*Sips whiskey*
Cheers!

ImTheMan

Juniors
Were you not obsessed with Russia, the Mueller report, saying an election was illegitimate as a sin? Skim through your own posts. You have been a purveyor of "misinformation" yourself. It is a buzzword that is meaningless, information is credible or not and the person will make up their own minds. They don't lap it up like drones, the RNC supporters are not NPC's " falling for lies" as a hivemind. The point is your words may look nice to you but they are hypocritical.

*Sips whiskey*
Cheers!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Where was Biden's empathy before the event? Scroll through his twitter and there is an autists inspiration. How about less "Hitler is returning" and more "my policies have been shit compared to the previous four years"
And this is the thing. Constant Trump=Hitler and when somebody ‘does something about it’ suddenly we’re condemning political violence. This violence wasn’t political, it was ideological.

As for the idiocy that joining the Republican party means you are a supporter, the NPR has showed that idea is bullshit. Joining a political party just means you want to have some influence there: https://www.npr.org/2024/07/06/nx-s1-5019252/republicans-closing-primary-elections

ImTheMan

Juniors
Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Politics in the USA is a two way street. You would have a point if Trump ran a ethical campaign. You don't get to whinge about "empathy" when the GOP campaign is built on taunting and misinformation.
Actually they do get to whinge about it. My-opponent-is-stupid/incompetent is vastly different to my-opponent-is-Evil-personified.

Trump is a bully and a dickhead, but he is also entertaining and ultimately harmless. Embarrassing your opponents (and yourself) isn’t ‘violence’, no matter how much we want to redefine what the word even means. Violence is things like stabbing or shooting people. Demonising political opponents provides justified targets for violent people.

Empathy is for people, not events.
Oh dear... even more poor logic. What empathy was I'mTheMan expecting for Biden to have for Trump before Trump had even been assassinated?

You're both failing badly in this thread today.

Sport Fail GIF by Pudgy Penguins

?

Wow

Empathy for Trump and his supporters I.e. not claiming a dictator is returning and his Nazi "redneck" supporters are subhuman
Intriguing take. So Trump has been able to say anything he likes about anyone for years (including while President) and suddenly Biden is held to different standards... including before any Republican nutbag tried to assassinate Trump.

I think you've been swallowing too much Sky News After Dark there, and might have been injured... go doctor tomorrow.

Gronk

Staff member
Actually they do get to whinge about it. My-opponent-is-stupid/incompetent is vastly different to my-opponent-is-Evil-personified.

Trump is a bully and a dickhead, but he is also entertaining and ultimately harmless. Embarrassing your opponents (and yourself) isn’t ‘violence’, no matter how much we want to redefine what the word even means. Violence is things like stabbing or shooting people. Demonising political opponents provides justified targets for violent people.

OK when you can legitimately show me that Trump has never demonized opponents, then we can talk more.

So far the claim is that he just puts shit on people and that does not equate to violence. Alternatively the democrats do much worse than him and incite violence.

Joseph Goebbels is watching merkin. He wrote the book.
coffee.gif

Gronk

Staff member
More related sources: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rooks-biden-donor-trump-shooter-pictured.html

Thomas Matthew Crooks pictured: Everything we know about Biden donor who shot Trump during rally.​

The below quote is correct, comments there from Republicans saying they have done it to Democrats
Quite mischievous ^^ that headline.

So he allegedly donated to the Democrats when he was in Yr 11 at school. But now (at voting age) he is registered to vote as a republican.

Gronk

Staff member
Were you not obsessed with Russia, the Mueller report, saying an election was illegitimate as a sin? Skim through your own posts. You have been a purveyor of "misinformation" yourself. It is a buzzword that is meaningless, information is credible or not and the person will make up their own minds. They don't lap it up like drones, the RNC supporters are not NPC's " falling for lies" as a hivemind. The point is your words may look nice to you but they are hypocritical.

*Sips whiskey*
Cheers!
No, what you should do is challenge my actual posts and then we can talk about them in context.