What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

taipan

Referee
I can't think of another producer to have such a huge impact on music.

George Martin was the polish that made the Beatles shine so brightly.

Perhaps Quincy Jones in the US of A might go closer, to be a producer with a huge impact on music.

Beatles IMHO the best group I have witnessed and listened to in my time on this rock.
Best guitarists Hank B Marvin ,Jeff Beck,Santana.
Best R& R Elvis.
Best video Thriller
Best Yank Group Eagles
Best Pommy/Yank group Fleetwood Mac
Best C& W singer male John Denver
Best instrumental band Shadows
Never get tired of em.

taipan

Referee
Used to play in a "Cliff and The Shadows" show many years ago. The Cliff stuff was okay, but The Shadows stuff was great to play!

Hank B Marvin now lives in Perth.Maybe he is in reality Perth Red:sarcasm:
That instrumental Apache ,still gets my blood corpuscles moving.A bloody guitar classic.FBI,the Warlord ,Foottapper flipping great stuff.

Liked the bass guitar work of Jet Harris in the Shads,but he left them and died a few months back .His Diamonds instrumental was a good un.

The Shads played at the Entertainment centre 2010 from memory.their guitar work as good as their early work.

Wasn't Marvin one of the first to get into accoustic guitars?
.Many modern days geetar players reckon Hank B was an influence on them.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
Wow
Freakishly talented musician
Bloody excellent guitarist

Wish I put a $100 on Keith when he was 20000 to 1.

Generalzod

Immortal
I remember when that classic song Controversy come out what a huge loss, RIP Prince a true entertainer your music well live on forever.

Panda Power 78

Juniors
He also wrote the song Nothing compares 2 u for Sinead O'connor, He also wrote the song for martrika Love thy would be done...

Prince didn't write Nothing Compares to You FOR Sinead O'Connor , she covered the song in 1990. Prince recorded & released it in about 1985.

Latest posts