What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

carcharias

Immortal
pete burns - dead or alive
in his heyday....on the right
b62895992bd97a83d1ef1d6e3d15807e

a bit more recent shot of old pete
53c0e48b0eb98504259b2ea662f065a8

c'mon we all have danced to "you spin me round" while trying to pull some girl at captains.
well maybe not of all of us...
I reckon Reefy, bubby, myself and Coolum would've for sure though.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...7/news-story/1ef0d51bd35715af12fad95cacb33a17

taipan

Referee
Quigsy should remember this one
Bobby Vee circa 50/60s just went to the big rehearsal gig in the sky.
" Rubber ball"
" The Night has a thousand eyes" or 166,000 + if your at ANZ

And ole Mick Jagger keeps rolling along like there's no tomorrow.

carcharias

Immortal
I cant believe it's on YouTube
f**king love YouTube

1983 countdown awards
I think Icehouse and goanna played as well

coolumsharkie

Referee
I saw skyhooks once
It was at The Countdown awards in about 1982
I won tickets
I was in the Adam and the ants fan club and the countdown club.
Many years later I discovered that Kram from spiderbait and Richie from tumbleweed were too.
So I wasn't a loser after all?

Was that in Melbourne? I always wanted to go to Countdown but I don't think my oldies were to keen on the idea. Anyway by 83' Skyhooks were a childhood memory for me and I hitchhiked up the Hwy and landed in Taylors Arm for a year or so. . Goanna would have been top of the charts then though.
Poor old Shirl. My first ever album was Living in the 70's. Remember the day clearly, the old chook got it for me at a record store near Miranda Fair. Years later he would die in the air right above my head. Flew his chopper out west from here and as soon as he went over the range the wind forced the blades into the rotor. Inexperience was to blame.

carcharias

Immortal
Was that in Melbourne? I always wanted to go to Countdown but I don't think my oldies were to keen on the idea. Anyway by 83' Skyhooks were a childhood memory for me and I hitchhiked up the Hwy and landed in Taylors Arm for a year or so. . Goanna would have been top of the charts then though.
Poor old Shirl. My first ever album was Living in the 70's. Remember the day clearly, the old chook got it for me at a record store near Miranda Fair. Years later he would die in the air right above my head. Flew his chopper out west from here and as soon as he went over the range the wind forced the blades into the rotor. Inexperience was to blame.
It was in Sydney
Capitol theatre maybe
My mates mum dropped us off
I was about 12

Vin Fizz

Bench
Spot on re Shirl Cools. Was a long way from where he was supposed to be as well. He was quite an experienced fixed wing pilot, a fact I didnt know until recently.