What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Eion

First Grade

Oh RIP the great man. I’ll take the Gambler and Islands in the Stream thanks. Legend.

taipan

Referee
Preferred R & R but when it comes to Country and Western Music,: Johnny Cash,John Denver,Kenny Rogers and Creedence Clearwater Revival send me offa my head.

Dave Thomas of Bored! Plus many others, including Magic Dirt
May not mean anything to most of you but the guy was an absolute legend in the rock'n'roll world. The main instigator in getting Geelong on the map. He was a good mate and a top bloke. My band have been doing one of his songs for years.
R.I.P mate

Dave Thomas of Bored! Plus many others, including Magic Dirt
May not mean anything to most of you but the guy was an absolute legend in the rock'n'roll world. The main instigator in getting Geelong on the map. He was a good mate and a top bloke. My band have been doing one of his songs for years.
R.I.P mate

Great track, great guitar sound, my commiserations BBB.

one that fans of the movie "Deliverance" and our country cousins can relate to.....

Dueling Banjos’ Eric Weissberg Dies At Age 80

Banjo player Eric Weissberg has died at a nursing home in Detroit after battling Alzheimer’s disease.

Weissberg recorded ‘Dueling Banjos’ for the 1972 movie ‘Deliverance’. It reached no 2 in the USA. In the movie the actor playing the banjo is Billy Redden as Lonnie

Weissberg has played on albums by The Bee Gees ‘Odessa’, Barbra Streisand ‘Stoney End’, Billy Joel ‘Piano Man’, Jim Croce ‘Life And Times’, Bette Midler ‘Songs For The New Depression’, Talking Heads ‘Little Creatures’ and Bob Dylan ‘Blood On The Tracks’.

Following Roy Loney, Another of the original Flamin Groovies gone, drummer Danny Mihm.......

Danny Mihm of The Flamin’ Groovies Dies After Stroke
by PAUL CASHMERE on MARCH 27, 2020

in NEWS

Former drummer for the Flamin’ Groovies, Danny Mihm, has passed away after suffering a stroke.

Danny was the second drummer for The Flamin’ Groovies joining in the 1967. He stayed with the band until they broke up 1973 but rejoined for the ’83 reunion.

His recorded Groovies career covered the first three albums. He contributed to the fourth album ‘shake Some Action’ in 1976 but wasn’t around for the Sire years following the reunion in 1978.

Quigs

Immortal
Not a rocker but I've just received sad news that Frank Myler has passed away in England.

Frank Captained the last pommy side to win the ashes against us aussies.

Back in the 1970 tour to Australia. And for the record guess who scored the match winning third test try that went a long way to winning the ashes. A little champion named Roger Millward.

The Strick UK Virus Restrictions over there have made the Final Service a bit of a sad farewell.

Only ten people allowed in the crematorium and no crowds allowed to gather outside.

frank-myler-great-britain-rugby-league-world-cup-touring-team-circa-picture-id114214977

carcharias

Immortal

Quigs

Immortal
I just heard the tail end of a Yank report that the bloke that co-wrote Joan Jets I love Rock N Roll also croaked from the virus. Q. Is that the same bloke?

And some other half famous country and the western bloke died too courtesy of Covid

I just heard the tail end of a Yank report that the bloke that co-wrote Joan Jets I love Rock N Roll also croaked from the virus. Q. Is that the same bloke?

And some other half famous country and the western bloke died too courtesy of Covid

hmmm it wasn't that Heath kurban or Keith burban bloke was it? He's half famous but not really country western I spose

Last edited:

Latest posts