What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Foxtel FoxSports / Kayo /Ch9 + NRL TV Rights

Gronk

Staff member
Amazon Prime have Australian Swimming Championships starting tomorrow.

So we have another player in the streaming sports biz.

Gronk

Staff member
^^^
So they are doing a Ch9 Stan as they did with the rugby.

The other five A-League games each round will be behind a paywall on Paramount+, which is aiming to use football as the cornerstone of its launch in Australia, where it will be available for $8.99 per month from August 11.

84 Baby

Referee
Wow big deal for A League etc with Viacom taking a 2% stake in the game.

I hope every broadcast is ended with that juicy baritone VIACOM
HighCalculatingAmericanindianhorse-max-1mb.gif

eels_fan

First Grade
splitting the rights to any sport is fraught with danger in damaging the viewership of the game imo…

soccer popularity will be destroyed moving forward in Australia given you need to pay for FOUR streaming Services to watch it all

Premier League - Optus sport
A League - Paramount plus
Champs League - Stan Sport
European leagues - Kayo

Suitman

Post Whore
splitting the rights to any sport is fraught with danger in damaging the viewership of the game imo…

soccer popularity will be destroyed moving forward in Australia given you need to pay for FOUR streaming Services to watch it all

European leagues - Kayo

A League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas - Paramount plus (and Channel 10)
European leagues - Kayo

But yeh, your are right.

Gronk

Staff member

European leagues - Kayo
A League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas - Paramount plus (and Channel 10)
European leagues - Kayo

But yeh, your are right.
Yeah but the product was owned by multiple vendors. Its not as if one body had the rights to ^^^ those soccer leagues / internationals and sold off different paddocks of the farm to the highest bidders.

Frankly it doesn't bother me which FTA channel gets origin and if that means that regular games are on a different broadcaster, cool. I get why Ch9 are shitting themselves and making it a public thing. They are trying to garner support obviously.

BTW PVL wasn't born yesterday when it comes to these broadcast deals.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
FFS.

nrl.com is my main news website these days. Why can't they just charge merkins for a subscription and f**k the 'broadcast partners' off. I don't want to read the bullshit they serve up on news sites.

King-Gutho94

Coach
FFS.

nrl.com is my main news website these days. Why can't they just charge merkins for a subscription and f**k the 'broadcast partners' off. I don't want to read the bullshit they serve up on news sites.
PVL is in deep with news corp.

He is the only chairman or CEO where every decision he makes seems to be welcomed by applause by kent, rothfield or hooper and othet stooges from News Corp.

They must get free corporate tickets to the races anyone or everyone is at fault bar PVL in there eyes.

Gronk

Staff member
PVL is in deep with news corp.

He is the only chairman or CEO where every decision he makes seems to be welcomed by applause by kent, rothfield or hooper and othet stooges from News Corp.

They must get free corporate tickets to the races anyone or everyone is at fault bar PVL in there eyes.
On the other side of the coin, if Trevor's Hot Dogs pays Parra Leagues a fee to sell his grub outside the club, it makes sense that there is a non-compete clause in the contract (not to sell hot dogs inside the club), especially if the club seeks to maximise the value of the on-site catering licence agreement.

Latest posts