What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ot- Frustration

Chimp

Bench
Best of luck with it Stake!

There’s not much anyone can say to make things better, but I will pass on a line a good friend of mine often says to people who are having a tough time….

‘If you could put the names of all the people in the world in a hat, and whichever name you pulled out, that’s the life you have to live instead of yours, would you take the risk?’

He uses the same line for ‘countries’ when people are whinging about the state of England nowadays - would you risk pulling a country from a hat and having to spend the rest of your days there, I would you prefer to just stay in England.

Likely of no use to you, and probably heard similar shit before, but it’s one I often think about - but would never give my mate the credit for it haha

Quigs

Immortal
No old mates name is Warren. He is not a big bloke, built like Barney Rubble.

Special K

Coach
Any of you local guys want to get involved and feel like this men’s group might be what you need at this point in your life, Send me a PM.
“swim, coffee and chat” is our slogan.
I'd love to. But I just do not have the nuts to swim at that time haha. Can I just come for a cowardly coffee?!

shaggs

Coach
I'd love to. But I just do not have the nuts to swim at that time haha. Can I just come for a cowardly coffee?!
Everyone does some sort of swim. Some teabag, some out to where they can stand, some to the cans and some of us go around the island. No standard, just get wet and cold. Get a coffee and chat with a group of blokes

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Ok mate, I was going to say if you were at cronulla I’m involved in a group called the Cronulla Gropers. We swim from South cronulla beach at 615am every morning. Good bunch of blokes who are always there to have a chat with about any topic at anytime. If your down here, then it might be a good group to get into. All different walks of life at different ages, some with health issues, some with mental health issues.

Stake, Being in the health industry I can only recommend to hang in there and do what you can to be as healthy as possible. Clean food, filtered water and exercise added to reaching out to people around you.

Any of you local guys want to get involved and feel like this men’s group might be what you need at this point in your life, Send me a PM.
“swim, coffee and chat” is our slogan.
All good advice Shaggs....just a bit concerned about the “gropers” name for the swim/coffee group😂

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
As all the other freaks on here have alluded to mate....stay positive and do it for the boys. You’ve beaten it twice before so no reason why you can’t kick it again. All the best in this next challenge and chapter of your life mate.

Special K

Coach
Everyone does some sort of swim. Some teabag, some out to where they can stand, some to the cans and some of us go around the island. No standard, just get wet and cold. Get a coffee and chat with a group of blokes
Alright mate. By the end of the year - I'll teabag it/go to stand with you and get the coffees. Love when I go past you blokes in the morning and what you stand for. Plus got 1 face to face mate here in cronulla since I moved here (sam from sharkcast) so need some friends!

No faaarken way I'd go around the island. I was at the f45 in jan (6:30 class) and people came in saying a great white was circling the island that morning on their walk down.

Big Bloke

Juniors
I have only just stumbled onto this thread. I am a lucky one, despite having diabetes and having to cut down on my favourite foods, I know there are many way more worse off then me. Yet, I have the same worries with my son and whether I'll live to see him achieve things. I was 46 when he was born, so now at 58, he is 13 and I am starting to see him blossom. I keep thinking about getting to 80 and him giving me grandkids but that just seems a long way off and I don't know if I'll make it that far. I genuinely worry about not being there for him when he becomes an adult.

If any of you ever want to talk about these things, there is an organisation that can help. It is called The Men's Table and it was started by a good friend of mine back in 2011 and it is now just starting to expand nationwide. There are now over 100 tables through every state in Australia and more than 1000 men involved.

The tables are usually set up with 10-12 men and located at a mutually arranged location. The only cost is the price of a meal and a drink. At these meetings you can talk about anything without judgement, without prejudice and gain more support in the battle against men's mental health.

Here is the website if you want to know more information:

It's back melanoma another PET scan to see if spread, if not cut it out again, if it has then different treatment.

It will eventually get me if not now but eventually my son was with me heard news we need 2027 that is all

PJ

First Grade
It's back melanoma another PET scan to see if spread, if not cut it out again, if it has then different treatment.

It will eventually get me if not now but eventually my son was with me heard news we need 2027 that is all

Sorry to hear that, but as mentioned earlier wife does infusions and the treatments are improving all the time.

Hope you don't need more than a removal.

Marchad

Juniors
My mates missus had double breast cancer. It was too late when she got diagnosed to have a mastectomy as it had already started spreading. She started chemo it only made it worse.
Then one night my mate went for a walk and bumped into an indigenous bloke he new told him what was going on with his girlfriend. The indigenous bloke said “I have a cure for cancer”. Made him up a brew from some plant that grows up where I live. Told him to give her this and to come back for some more when it runs out.
1 month later she went down to Perth for some more tests and all traces of cancer is gone and she got to keep her lovely breasts.

Sit Ubu sit

Juniors

Hey Stake,

Long time listener, first time caller. Always watched in on this madness from afar but have never posted until now.

I had a melanoma cut out of my head January 2021.
In December 2022 I was diagnosed with Stage 4 advanced melanoma. More than 30 tumours in all throughout my body - lungs, spleen, liver, groin, lymph nodes, muscle, bone etc etc, etc.

I started immunotherapy immediately, an Ipi/Nivo combination.

I had a PET scan in January showing that I had one tumour remaining in my lung that as now 3mm (down from 6mm three months before).

I have just chosen to start a break from monthly treatments.

It has been an intense experience but I can authentically say, not a bad one. I have learned an incredible amount about me and those around me. I have met new, incredible people as a result. I have found love and, oh yeah, my life insurance paid out after seeing my initial scans 😉.

Here if you need me.