What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ot- Frustration

Frenzy.

Immortal
My mates missus had double breast cancer. It was too late when she got diagnosed to have a mastectomy as it had already started spreading. She started chemo it only made it worse.
Then one night my mate went for a walk and bumped into an indigenous bloke he new told him what was going on with his girlfriend. The indigenous bloke said “I have a cure for cancer”. Made him up a brew from some plant that grows up where I live. Told him to give her this and to come back for some more when it runs out.
1 month later she went down to Perth for some more tests and all traces of cancer is gone and she got to keep her lovely breasts.

I wonder if it was Blushwood berries or Emu Bush? These are being studied now as possible cancer treatments but not much effort coming from western medical researchers or pharmas.

There are dozens of native plants that may have cancer arresting/curing properties but they are mostly rare and only found in certain places around the land. Emu bush is indigenous to Western Australia. Blushwood is native to Queensland but can be purchased online as trees, oils or the actual berries.

Quigs

Immortal
Gumby Gumby it is called up this way. I've heard a friend of mine talk about it over the years.

Of course there is now a white fella group up here selling a cream that they named Gumby Gumby.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Gumby Gumby it is called up this way. I've heard a friend of mine talk about it over the years.

Of course there is now a white fella group up here selling a cream that they named Gumby Gumby.

Yes, gumbi gumbi is one of them. It's from a different genus though. Pittosporum. Most of the others are Eremophila.

The gumbi gumbi only grows in FNQ so not surprised they are onto it up there.

Hey Stake,

Long time listener, first time caller. Always watched in on this madness from afar but have never posted until now.

I had a melanoma cut out of my head January 2021.
In December 2022 I was diagnosed with Stage 4 advanced melanoma. More than 30 tumours in all throughout my body - lungs, spleen, liver, groin, lymph nodes, muscle, bone etc etc, etc.

I started immunotherapy immediately, an Ipi/Nivo combination.

I had a PET scan in January showing that I had one tumour remaining in my lung that as now 3mm (down from 6mm three months before).

I have just chosen to start a break from monthly treatments.

It has been an intense experience but I can authentically say, not a bad one. I have learned an incredible amount about me and those around me. I have met new, incredible people as a result. I have found love and, oh yeah, my life insurance paid out after seeing my initial scans 😉.

Here if you need me.
Thank you so much for reaching out

Waiting all day to here about results, I got unofficially adviced last Thursday that PET scan had it localised, but waiting on reports, all day waiting nothing, I rang there is backlog.
My stress through roof, I want to here officially localised then it's cut the bugger out.
And back in the tablets

DJDL

Bench
You’ll be fine, Stakey.
The amount of crap you’ve been given around here over the years and you’re still going strong I reckon the post-apocalyptic world will have cockroaches, Keith Richards and you! 👍

My Prof seen me
Believe it's localised BUT there is this spot they don't know what it is ????
So cutting out the cancer
Then Radiation
The PET scan and see what it is

Just over 2 months of the unknown, my 17 year old daughter eyes filled up, I said don't worry it's nothing.
I want so much to get through this for them