What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT New Holden Advert - the Final Insult

Quigs

Immortal
Quigs will blame anyone except the unions who force costs up above a competitive rate.

The Tories, Margaret Thatcher, Andrew Bolt.

Just you wait.

sc-thumb_mirabella_20130910074420654546-620x349.jpg

Surely

Post Whore
It blows my mind that average people would lay the blame at the feet of the workers and the unions. Are the workers supposed to work for free? Are management free from scrutiny? It was executive management that expected governmental bail outs and devised strategies accordingly, not the f**ken factory floor workers who were trying to feed their families.

Unfortunately people want high wages then they want to buy cheaper products from countries that can produce them cheaper through low wages.

What effect do you think that has ?

I purchase everything for my business locally and all the produce is Australian because if I support other local business they then employ people who come and spend money in my business.

Its a simple concept where if you want the benefits of of being employed in Australia then you have to support australia, even if it costs a little more.

Quigs

Immortal
I don't want a high wage... crikey I am as happy as a pig in shit right now.

With my Tora Bora Cave, my 1994 Mitsubishi (put new bulbs in it yesterday - I can see at night now), my new Solar electricity generating power station on the roof.

I don't spend money on the evil alcohol, farkkken smokes or punt on the geegees.

Who needs a lot of whoppy.

Psssts Ive owned three Holdens in my time.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Here you Go BS and Sureles.

I know you like me, could sit and watch Sophie for hours and hours.

Here she is explaining BACK IN JUNE 2013 ... why the Unions and her were not going to give Holden 500million subsidy.

The car industry in Australia: Sophie Mirabella responds to Greg Combet

[youtube]uP2Rf-7-TZY[/youtube]

I love how Tones Fibs also kept telling us that the carbon python thingy added $450.00 to each cars cost when Holden themselves said it was only $45.00. Strange how them Unions added the extra "0".

BUT HEY .... LUCKY YOUSE WERE NEVER CONNED. (Gonski, NDIS, NBN, PPL, Stop the Boats)

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newman View Post
It blows my mind that average people would lay the blame at the feet of the workers and the unions. Are the workers supposed to work for free? Are management free from scrutiny? It was executive management that expected governmental bail outs and devised strategies accordingly, not the f**ken factory floor workers who were trying to feed their families.

Originally posted by Surely:
Unfortunately people want high wages then they want to buy cheaper products from countries that can produce them cheaper through low wages.

What effect do you think that has ?

I purchase everything for my business locally and all the produce is Australian because if I support other local business they then employ people who come and spend money in my business.

Its a simple concept where if you want the benefits of of being employed in Australia then you have to support australia, even if it costs a little more.

I agree:

.I hope for the sake of all those people driving Great Wall SUV's that they last for thirty years because they wont be able to afford new ones once all the manufacturing money is in China , chinese workers demand and get pay rises to buy their own products and china starts raising price of exported products.

. An equally disgusting add was the one for Great Wall making out the guy who bought something else to be stupid,for paying too much.

Last edited:

No one is expecting workers to work for free so stop the hyperbole. When unions blackmail a company into a 4% pay rise when inflation is around 2% all they are doing is sealing their own doom. It's just not competitive. And I agree management can be weak kneed in these dealings, but eventually the knee buckles and they move elsewhere. People need to realise this when they vote for these enterprise bargaining agreements, there is a breaking point.

newman

First Grade
No one is expecting workers to work for free so stop the hyperbole. When unions blackmail a company into a 4% pay rise when inflation is around 2% all they are doing is sealing their own doom. It's just not competitive. And I agree management can be weak kneed in these dealings, but eventually the knee buckles and they move elsewhere. People need to realise this when they vote for these enterprise bargaining agreements, there is a breaking point.

What a f**ken arsehole attitude. Operator wages are just one factor in hundreds in the build of a car. Are you really apportioning blame on the workers for asking for a 2% real increase in wages? Prick.

In an industry that is so heavily subsidised by taxpayers like you and me to the tune of almost $50,000 per worker, yes.

newman

First Grade
In an industry that is so heavily subsidised by taxpayers like you and me to the tune of almost $50,000 per worker, yes.

Well then you are a simpleton. A nasty one, too.

I don't like to big note myself on here but I know this stuff. A PhD in manufacturing management makes me a Bona fide expert in the field.

The reasons for Holden's demise are complex but they responsibility lies at the feet of management both here and in Detroit. Management had an inability to negotiate the not insignificant challenges that faced the company. But Alan Jones says it's the unions fault, so it must be, yeah?

Last edited:
Sorry, but you have edited your post so I will add a reply. I don't give a f**k what Alan Jones thinks. Never listen to him. I'm at work at the time.

I agree management were a bunch of soft c**ks and gave in to the union demands at the sound of the word str... stri... strik...

You can't say they didn't know the consequences of their demands.

Tax payers shouldn't be funding it is my point.

Quigs

Immortal
I will think you will find that union involved made many concessions and worked closely with management over a long time to secure the industry and their jobs. I'll dig it up for you if you like.

Now it wouldn't have a bit to do with the high Aussie Dollar there would it Bastard.?

But you know those mongrel lefty unions. They will do anything .... anything to wreck and industry.

It was like those filthy firies that had that stop work meeting ... was it late last year or early this year because Fatty O'Barrell was going to take away their TA. So everyone was told it was all about their Travelling Allowance.

I remember the shouting and wild accusations that were fired off from in this lil old forum. They let some poor bastards house burn down in Ramsgate. (Don't ever let facts get in the way of a good beat up ... Alan Jones Hadley style)

The blokes house was attended to in the same time it took normally. Anyhowse.......

O'Barrell rushes through legislation in the wee small hours... then it is revealled that there is something like 23 other items in the award that was changing. NO not just the Travelling Time.

Those bastard lefty mongrel lazy shit firies..... they deserved it anyway.

Fast forward to recently... Major fires in and around Penrith. Some poor souls even lost their lives. What happened . Fatty O'Barrell had locked down half the fire stations. Saving a buck here and a buck there.

But hey that'll teach those farkennn lefty unionist. At least they didn't all get paid for the call ins.

I suppose when reality hits some people in the mouth like a 10 metre turd you get some funny results. Maybe just like a 27% swing in the seat of Miranda.

ALAN_JONES_BANNER.jpg.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
I think that now Holden has made the call we should all give thanks to PM Tone.

He has come out and proudly informed the country that he has 'LIBERATED' the Holden workers from their job. I hope all the people that will be effected by this Abbott "Liberation" will be eternally grateful.

Imagine the trickle down effect of the Holden Liberation Front. The wives, the kids, the shop keepers, the follow-on manufacturers.

I can just see them now, dancing in the streets, showering the unemployed holden workers in rose petals. LONG LIVE THE ABBOTT HOLDEN LIBERATION FRONT.

They will have a very Merry Christmas.

Sharkman

Juniors
Just like Bonds really. Pay Pat Rafter a shed load of coin and hope people forget you manufacturing an inferior product offshore at an inflated price.

Big sponsorships on there way to a lucky few!

Well said, Newman
I wrote a letter to the Editor in last Wednesday's Telegraph re Holden and am surprised that no-one else seems to have picked up on the fact that Holden was(is) able to send virtually an Australian HSV R8 to America, re-badge to a Chevy ( I take it that it would also be engineered to LHD!) and then sell to the US public at a US dollar price of 40000!!
This vehicle has been subsidised by us(taxpayers) so WTF .....How come the greedy pricks can charge Aussies almost double that figure to purchase one in Australia!
Ford, Holden and Toyota would still be faring OK if they listened to what we wanted in a car and not regarded the Australian market as an easy buck!:x

Pig Champion

Juniors
I will think you will find that union involved made many concessions and worked closely with management over a long time to secure the industry and their jobs. I'll dig it up for you if you like.

Now it wouldn't have a bit to do with the high Aussie Dollar there would it Bastard.?

But you know those mongrel lefty unions. They will do anything .... anything to wreck and industry.

It was like those filthy firies that had that stop work meeting ... was it late last year or early this year because Fatty O'Barrell was going to take away their TA. So everyone was told it was all about their Travelling Allowance.

I remember the shouting and wild accusations that were fired off from in this lil old forum. They let some poor bastards house burn down in Ramsgate. (Don't ever let facts get in the way of a good beat up ... Alan Jones Hadley style)

The blokes house was attended to in the same time it took normally. Anyhowse.......

O'Barrell rushes through legislation in the wee small hours... then it is revealled that there is something like 23 other items in the award that was changing. NO not just the Travelling Time.

Those bastard lefty mongrel lazy shit firies..... they deserved it anyway.

Fast forward to recently... Major fires in and around Penrith. Some poor souls even lost their lives. What happened . Fatty O'Barrell had locked down half the fire stations. Saving a buck here and a buck there.

But hey that'll teach those farkennn lefty unionist. At least they didn't all get paid for the call ins.

I suppose when reality hits some people in the mouth like a 10 metre turd you get some funny results. Maybe just like a 27% swing in the seat of Miranda.

ALAN_JONES_BANNER.jpg.jpg

Quigs can you do a tshirt? How popular would that be!

Latest posts