What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT New Holden Advert - the Final Insult

Quigs

Immortal
no need to subsidise anyone anytime now we have the new adult Guvmint BS and Surely. PM Tone has promised 2 million jobs.

Just imagine it, you have a job at say Taren Point and youse live in .... say .... Caringbah. Your job shuts down so PM Tone says he has a neat job for you just say 100k south west of Broken Hill.

Why would anyone ever need to worry when this mob is in charge.

I love it.

Quigs

Immortal
I advocate all promises from Tone and his mob.

I even reckon the weekly supply flight to Antarctica will stop a lot of whales being killed by the Japs.

I'll go first.

Health
Education
Defense
Social Security

You will not see an American car manufacturer on my list.

The Eagle

Juniors
So Daewoo is Holden quality..... Actually....No Daewoo is disgusting and using our badge to peddle that shit

I'm a Ford man and I may buy a VF but no way will I buy a bum dragger

Quigs

Immortal
What the bloody Guvmints should subsidise.. I'll bloody tell youse...

They should subsidise domestic non commercial residential lawn mowing and domestic non commercial residential whipper snipper-ouse operations.

Particularly those that have to operate under severe conditions. Working in over 30 plus degrees with the household site foreman overseeing ones every move.

That is what should be subsidised first.

(Edit (7.46pm ... Ive calmed down now after the lawnmowing and having watched a very enjoyable days cricket.)

Last edited:

Sharkman

Juniors
I don't care if Holden sink or swim. The average Holden worker is subsidised around $50K by you and me.

My industry in IT isn't subsidised. I've seen thousands of jobs that have gone off shore. I speak for many in an industry that has had to compete with other countries, with no Australian taxpayer support.

f**k 'em, they're not that special.

^^ 100% agree. I'm in banking and watched a load of IT jobs be fgd off to India. Bucket loads more to go as well.

Not a peep from anyone. In fact, in IT, we celebrate a Kent like person that created a website to ease the process of hiring cheap foreign labour....bizarre really.

Surely

Post Whore
I advocate all promises from Tone and his mob.

I even reckon the weekly supply flight to Antarctica will stop a lot of whales being killed by the Japs.

Dont be silly kev stopped all that whaling stuff

Generalzod

Immortal
Buy Australian you won't lose manufacturing jobs.

It's that is easy Surely.....Give me a break, Tony Abbott will be the Prime Minister known for destroying Holden.
People still kept buying Bonds products didn't stop them from moving there manufacturing overseas.

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
^^ 100% agree. I'm in banking and watched a load of IT jobs be fgd off to India. Bucket loads more to go as well.

Not a peep from anyone. In fact, in IT, we celebrate a Kent like person that created a website to ease the process of hiring cheap foreign labour....bizarre really.

My job was one of them but not in banking but retail one of the biggest in Australia.....Where I worked 3 years ago all the IT work was done by Australians, in a matter of 3years nearly 99% of all duties in IT are now performed in India , The Irony of all this is that our boss wanted us to train these people that were taking over our jobs, told him to get farked....As for me I'm out the IT profession 25 years is enough, but I still manage to have a look at seek there are no jobs available.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
You Tory blokes having a whinge... Tones answer is simple.

Disguise your I.T business as a Tasmanian Chocolate Factory and Tone will give you $16 million. His reasoning (nothing to do with an election was) "everyone loves Chocolates"

BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER.... No Excuses ... No Surprises.

bluey

Bench
It's that is easy Surely.....Give me a break, Tony Abbott will be the Prime Minister known for destroying Holden.
People still kept buying Bonds products didn't stop them from moving there manufacturing overseas.

Seriously?????
He May also be known as the Prime minister that told them no more hand outs of tax payers hard earned.
We have priced ourselves out of the market

Surely

Post Whore
If Paul didn't float the dollar we could have competed, so really the demise of manufacturing lays with Paul.

millersnose

Post Whore
Quite

Why did you favour a mitsubishi over an Australian made car?

Newmanwman

What brand of car do you currently own?

magpie4ever

First Grade
I think a lot of you deadshits would be surprised of how many foreign companies/enterprises/agriculture/manufacturing production is subsidised by their national governments through direct goverment subsidies, tariffs, quotas etc etc.

But don't worry we will continue to sign free trade agreements so we can lose more jobs.

PS: the car industry in Qz was not over subsidised when compared with other countries' car manufacturing. Still you will continue to be conned by the economic dries.

millersnose

Post Whore
The other countries with car manufacturing industries produce units in millions per annum

As of today Australia produces under 250k

And despite comments in this thread even for Holden subsidies were still on the table and still committed to for half a decade

The company wants to consolidate manufacturing into larger plants and access the cheaper labore that just about every other manufacturer faced with those circumstances has already done

Perfectly reasonable

As has been pointed out in this thread other industries also suffered the same transition

Australia is not going to able to compete under those circumstances

Although I agree with BS that the unions certainly didn't help blaming them is as silly as blaming abbot

newman

First Grade
The other countries with car manufacturing industries produce units in millions per annum

As of today Australia produces under 250k

And despite comments in this thread even for Holden subsidies were still on the table and still committed to for half a decade

The company wants to consolidate manufacturing into larger plants and access the cheaper labore that just about every other manufacturer faced with those circumstances has already done

Perfectly reasonable

As has been pointed out in this thread other industries also suffered the same transition

Australia is not going to able to compete under those circumstances

Although I agree with BS that the unions certainly didn't help blaming them is as silly as blaming abbot

Absolutely correct Millers. The biggest run that Holden do, the stock standard commodore (is it still the executive?), those numbers are considered so low by Detroit and fall into the "custom make" category. Ie if it was in the states they wouldn't necessarily even fire the plant up, and that's Holden's highest throughput!

Latest posts