What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - NSW side all but picked already

Wally21

Bench
It doesn't matter. Schnozz is coaching - so we've already given up?

Exactly OMC. We won't win SOO because of Daley's coaching. If we do win, it will be in spite of His coaching. As an analyst of the game on Fox over the last few years, his insight has been a joke on most occasions and plain wrong on others. Him as a coach will be like our last great hope as a coach...what was his name... Initials were SK...

T.S Quint

Coach
We can just hope whoever is playing in the halves with Pearce will step up. I assume it will probably be Carney. He certainly has the talent but has yet to deliver on a big stage.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Nathan Ryan
@Nath_Ryan
@FOXNRLLive #askLoz who has the edge for the 1,6,7,9 for NSW after six rounds?
2 HOURS AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE

LD: Pearce is in front for No.7, Farah for No.9 - fullback and No.6 I'm still sort of looking. A lot can happen very quickly in league so you've got to have options available to you. I know what Brett Stewart can do at Origin level so I'm not too concerned that he's not playing City-Country.

come on jarryd!!!

Gronk

Staff member
If Hayne was any good he'd be playing in the ANZAC test ahead of Boyd & Morris.

Kornstar

Coach

Tell me what Morris or Boyd have offered this year? Because they were there last year is the reason they got picked, not cause they have been in form!

Gronk

Staff member

Yeah Pou, I agree :p

Tell me what Morris or Boyd have offered this year? Because they were there last year is the reason they got picked, not cause they have been in form!

You know I don't necessarily agree with me ;-) , but I wonder what he needs to do to get picked ? Trouble is that even if Boyd, Morris, Slater and Inglis were all unavailable for this test, they'd prolly find two new wingers, a fullback and centre all ahead of Hayne.

Do we see at this bloke through rose coloured glasses ?

Spot On

Coach
I have to agree Gronk.

That said, D. Boyd's form has been ordinary but he gets a spot.

Hayne needs to perform like a test/origin player should and that means being at his best nearly every week. Not one in four or five or six. If he's your best player he must play like it every week.

Kornstar

Coach
You know I don't necessarily agree with me ;-) , but I wonder what he needs to do to get picked ? Trouble is that even if Boyd, Morris, Slater and Inglis were all unavailable for this test, they'd prolly find two new wingers, a fullback and centre all ahead of Hayne.

Do we see at this bloke through rose coloured glasses ?

I have to agree Gronk.

That said, D. Boyd's form has been ordinary but he gets a spot.

Hayne needs to perform like a test/origin player should and that means being at his best nearly every week. Not one in four or five or six. If he's your best player he must play like it every week.

The fact Boyd has been shit for 3 years now and we hear how he "performs" for Origin and why he gets picked.

Hayne "performs" at Origin too and his stats are up there with the best, why is he overlooked? I'm gonna say him being injured at the end of the last few years hasn't helped him at all. Not to mention the really shit finishes to the season Parramatta has had too!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The fact Boyd has been shit for 3 years now and we hear how he "performs" for Origin and why he gets picked.

Hayne "performs" at Origin too and his stats are up there with the best, why is he overlooked? I'm gonna say him being injured at the end of the last few years hasn't helped him at all. Not to mention the really shit finishes to the season Parramatta has had too!
And the fact Boyd is one of the QLD bum chums. Who remembers in the 09 tour to England when Hayne on the wing got an absolute cold and when Slater rested a game and they picked Boyd for fullback instead??

Massive click in the Australian side.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Oz side is always the same old same old. The current team is nothing to do with form, it's all about keeping the 4 nations team.
Hayne wasn't in it at the end of last year because he was broken, and so missed selection.