What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - OTHER GAMES 2022

Inferno

Coach
Son of Preston just went a little crazy, it was great to watch.

I love Bird for his courage and strength when playing for us, but damn he does some really dumb plays in both attack and defence.

I was just thinking tonight that Bird played his best footy for us. Not sure how many players we've bought or released for which we could say that.

I was just thinking tonight that Bird played his best footy for us. Not sure how many players we've bought or released for which we could say that.
There are a couple of real obvious ones, Sludge, The Peach, but I get what you're meaning.
When I wrote that last night, Jack had just done one of the laziest obstructions which had cost them a try, he then gave away another penalty which really took the heat off, and they were way on top.
I see the stupid hair cut, the stupid plays, and I'm thinkin "man , what happened to you?? You used to be THE one to watch"

I even felt bad as I thought, geez we have McInnes and Nikora on the same money as Bird, we've definitely got the better deals going on.
I'll never forget what he did those few seasons though, the fella was an awesome competitor that went beyond.

ghoti

Bench
2016 Jack Bird was unbelievable. In the GF he played with a f**ked arm and refused to come off. Bled for the club and bled for that team. Good times
He was a bit of a victim of a press that hyped him to the moon sadly.. he had some great moments in 2015 and 2016 and was such a competitive clubman in those years, but being thrown $900k so soon and being f**ked over by injuries, plus chucked into Origin in the era when we were doing the "oh shit we f**ked it, throw the 14 on to fix everything" shite wasn't good for him. Never hated him though, and considering all he's gone through with rheumatoid arthritis, getting that big contract early to set himself up in case his career got cut short was wise (but unfortunate).

fizman

Bench
Sadly, I hold our Club responsible for this nightmare. We gave them the confidence to kick on.

The Broncos Bunker is also back to full transmission as well.

bluefox68

Staff member
Well that will do me... TV off.

I'm pissed off about the Gagai one, but…

I thought I was just eating sour grapes, but, yes, it seemed like a determined push for the Broncos to get ‘the rub of the green’…!