What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Outsiders thoughts on Northies

jc155776

Coach
Had a chance on Tuesday night to get down for a pint or seven and a feed.

I can see the love hate relationship people have with the joint.

The place had a nice feel about it, although being a Tuesday it wasnt packed and everyone was a bit more relaxed. The decor I actually liked although they really need some more benches and bar stools, where does everyone put their drinks when packed??

The food was good but awfully over priced and not enough of it. They had ran out of the ten dolar pies so I opted for the chicked. It came with half a small spud. Pretty dissapointing for 20 bucks!

The beer was decent enough and a pint price ois average for a place like that so no qualms there. A bacardi and coke seemed a little on the expensive side though.

The sports bar was great, good number of screens although not enough betting slips on the tables. Winning 60 bucks on the trots and 50 on the pokies made the place better too.

Staff were pretty friendly and helpful although a simple question to a bouncer as to where the taxi rank was got no more than a grunt and point. I normally enjoy a chat with a bouncer back home but these guys seem like apes, not intimidating though, just big and rude.

The girls even for a Tuesday night were top shelf. Those that live in the shire are truly blessed.

Will be heading there tonight, any advice on what time to get there to avoid waiting around in lines?? Where to go afterwards?? Anyone else heading out??

Being the last day of work it will be huge no doubt.

Overall I give it a 7. Beach Hotel in Bondi sh*ts all over Northies though...

newman

First Grade
Good, measured report.

Ill be interested to hear your thoughts on the joint tonight, cause its gonna be PACKED and the vibe significantly changes with the crowd.

spider

Coach
Went there after xmas lunch on Monday.

One of the group got asked to leave by security.

Had only a few drinls so we asked for Management - then to be told that security make the RSA calls, and it is out of Management's hands.

After asking what fiscal projections securtiy have for the place in the new year - i too was asked to leave.

When i questioned as to why - the response was "because i said".

I wished him a merry xmas - full well knowing he does not celebrate it.

They wonder why the place is crap.

spider

Coach
coolumsharkie said:
I wouldn't waste my time ever going there.

First time in a blue moon for me.

It now explains the attitude of the security down there - and the mentality of the Management.

jc155776

Coach
He's probably still trying to figure it out.

To be honest when I first walked in I thought they looked like some big guys in school uniforms.

carcharias

Immortal
tonight will suck harder than you'll ever imagine...go there now or you wont get in ....no doubt you'll get chucked out if you don't have a vagina.

jc155776

Coach
Yeah thats wat I was fearing. Thing is I have a house party where I am til about 8 with free drink....

Collateral

Coach
I seriously dont know why Clubs insist on hiring Bouncer's with Zero personality. If I were running a club and had to hire bouncers, I would be going for laid back guys with a bit of personality about them, as long as they can throw a punch.

Bouncer's who treat people like crap usually get treated like crap back and it just results in trouble. I dont see the point of it.

zeppelin

Juniors
The problem is that the bouncers can be as big a merkins as they like because no matter what they do people still keep flocking to the joint.

I dont mind the place during the week, but on a sunday night it is an abosolute nightmare