What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Overrated Bands

SBD82

Coach
I always liked Audioslave better suggesting I prefer Chris Cornell on vocals.
I was a bit upset with audioslave. Liked soundgarden and loved RATM, but I was always disappointed that audioslave was essentially RATM music with Soundgarden vocals*. I guess I was hoping that with 4 very talented members there would be something more unique and interesting created.

*also probably influenced by the fact that I was pretty devastated that RATM broke up. They were a massive influence on me from a very young age.

FlameThrower

Bench
U2's "Beautiful Day" played as the team did the lap of honour after the 2010 grand final. This gives U2 a lifetime hall pass from me
Big U2 fan, but that was probably their last good album....they’ve lost there way over last few releases.

FlameThrower

Bench
I was a bit upset with audioslave. Liked soundgarden and loved RATM, but I was always disappointed that audioslave was essentially RATM music with Soundgarden vocals*. I guess I was hoping that with 4 very talented members there would be something more unique and interesting created.

*also probably influenced by the fact that I was pretty devastated that RATM broke up. They were a massive influence on me from a very young age.
The lyrics to ‘Like A Stone’ are rather disturbing and shows Cornell’s dark side.

Last edited:

The Damo

Juniors

Gods I was the same when RATM broke up. I can still remember where I was when I heard - driving on showground road in Castle Hill, I was working, driving a group of young guys with autism or intellectual disabilities to an outing. They thought my involuntary incredulous swearing fit was brilliant and hilarious. One of them for years after would mock me yelling “what the f**k Zack?”
I really liked audioslave though. One of the best live acts I’ve seen, Cornell and Morello were incredible.

Latest posts