What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Parra Stadium sharing

Gronk

Staff member
Like Baldrick, I have a cunning plan.

Let WSW have the rails. Sell them as cheap seats at Eels games. Then WSW can compensate us for loss of earnings.

So if we lose $10 a seat and there are say 2500 rail seats, then we get 25,000 a match.

Maybe the wavers and clappers pay more to play in the jumping_with_no_shirt area ?

Serioulsy, I'm cool with compromise, but those dodgy fold down seats are great for WSW and add nothing to a quintillion dollar multi code stadium.

Needs far more work. Get ikea on board I rekon. They could come up with an ergonomic solution designed by some pony tailed merkin called Viktor.

T.S Quint

Coach
To be honest, I'm not really a fan of the 'flip-up' seats either.
Every time I jump up to celebrate a try or something I forget to put it back down and end up almost on my arse.

Is this a way of saving space so they can fit more seats in?
I hope I get ample leg room. I'm not a short bloke (6'2") and I don't want to be kneeing the bloke in front of me in the back/head all game.

strider

Post Whore
Like Baldrick, I have a cunning plan.

Let WSW have the rails. Sell them as cheap seats at Eels games. Then WSW can compensate us for loss of earnings.

So if we lose $10 a seat and there are say 2500 rail seats, then we get 25,000 a match.

Maybe the wavers and clappers pay more to play in the jumping_with_no_shirt area ?

Serioulsy, I'm cool with compromise, but those dodgy fold down seats are great for WSW and add nothing to a quintillion dollar multi code stadium.

Needs far more work. Get ikea on board I rekon. They could come up with an ergonomic solution designed by some pony tailed merkin called Viktor.

Will need an allen key to put it together. Will take twice as long as expected to assemble. Will look pretty for a while but eventually start to get ricketty and eventually fall apart

Suitman

Post Whore
Every time I jump up to celebrate a try or something I forget to put it back down and end up almost on my arse.

I hope I get ample leg room. I'm not a short bloke (6'2") and I don't want to be kneeing the bloke in front of me in the back/head all game.

You do know when talking about the 'flip up seats" they are talking about the whole stadium?
This is different to the safe standing seats that have been pictured here.

It is a given that the whole stadium will have the flip up seats.
Sorry to say, but you'll have to get used to that.

Suity

strider

Post Whore

I dont mind the flip up but yeah gotta remember. The current stadium seats are fairly close. Tho nowhere near as bad as campbeltown oval. Fmd that place is shocking

strider

Post Whore
I agree, it certainly doesn't look comfortable, but then I've never tried it. I don't think the front rail for vision would be an issue. The back one for the head space might be though.

Suity

I think the fro t rail is probably about head height of anyone sitting infront of you. But often in a GA area you try n find a seat with no one infront so you get a nice view. The rail would definitely be in your periferal vision, there is no way it is good for viewing. And it would probably be bad for kids tho they might like the monkey bars aspect

T.S Quint

Coach
You do know when talking about the 'flip up seats" they are talking about the whole stadium?
This is different to the safe standing seats that have been pictured here.

It is a given that the whole stadium will have the flip up seats.
Sorry to say, but you'll have to get used to that.

Suity

Yeah I figured they would do that for the whole stadium.
I don't really care all that much about them flipping up, I just want to have decent leg room.

T.S Quint

Coach
I dont mind the flip up but yeah gotta remember. The current stadium seats are fairly close. Tho nowhere near as bad as campbeltown oval. Fmd that place is shocking

Campbelltown Stadium was what I had in mind when I wrote that post. Absolutely no leg room at all in that new stand there.
I literally had to apologise to the bloke in front of me just about every 10 minutes because my knee kept knocking him in the back of the head.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You softcocks would never make cricketers, I have to stand for 5 hours in between bowling my thunderbolts.

The BDO goes for 12 hours and most of that you are on your feet.

What is the main benefit of having standing areas ?

strider

Post Whore
Standing and running or walking around is different tl standing pretty much on one spot.

Having said that, yes i am probably a softcock

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
lol

mind you I am generally pretty sore after the BDO or Soundwave, ears are generally ringing for a few days too

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You softcocks would never make cricketers, I have to stand for 5 hours in between bowling my thunderbolts.

The BDO goes for 12 hours and most of that you are on your feet.

What is the main benefit of having standing areas ?

I've heard that they are lollipops rather than thunderbolts.

Haynzy

First Grade
re: standing ... I can't stand at games anymore - got a bit of a shitty back ... I remember we stood at shark park a few years ago and I had a sore back for a day afterwards - lol (old man!!) - I assume standing on a flat cement surface might be better

Must've been my riveting conversation.

IFR33K

Coach
Didn't know how considerate those WSW fans were.... All they want is what's best for us eels fans. How nice.