What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Select your age band

What age band are you in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carcharias

Immortal
Inferno said:
I noticed reefy abstained from the vote.

anyone know how old BTR is?
I do...but I'm not at liberty to tell.:D

I will say this ...he is a remarkable looking man.

Me I'm 30 fargen 6 .

It is hard to believe I was 21 at the first Big Day Out!!!!

This is how far I have come as a supporter.
Last week I was going for the Roosters in the end...because I tipped them.
It's all about me nowadays...the Sharks have let me down for over a 1/4 of a century and this year isn't looking any different.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
carcharias said:
I do...but I'm not at liberty to tell.:D

I will say this ...he is a remarkable looking man.

Once again your complimentary description is noticed & will be re-paid in large amounts of glorious beer . On beer mountain.

My age?

I was 8 at the first sharks Grand Final at the SCG. I think i even ran onto the ground & got lost after the game.

Bluto

Juniors
I'm 35 and can still remember (fondly??) the days of watching Rex Mossop arive at the ground in a helicopter to call the game.

I remember going to the games with my old man and for many years thinking the game was only 70 minutes long as we always left early to "beat the crowd".

Quigs

Immortal
The Popper said:
Yep. I'm in the 60's, Aries.
Hey, Sutho Shark. Bet you remember Sutho Oval, and the beer tent, and the record player, and the three baton twirling marching girls we had, the old scoreboard, the kids after the change that dropped through the floorboards of the dressing sheds, etc, etc, etc. Ahhhh! But we were happy then if we just scored a try. And when we won our first ever premiership game against the Roosters at the Sportsground 11-5: Boy, did the pyss flow then. And those after game pyssups at the Royal Hotel beer garden (and sometimes Banksia Road). Jugs of beer while the band on stage played country music. Bloody ripper! Ahhh! Days of satisfaction. We didn't ask for much then, not even a win. And if we did win we were over the moon. The good ole days. :roll: How times change.
But then, have they changed much? A win is still like a needle in a haystack. :(

0-top5.jpg

Gidday Popper,

Memories are flooding back... youve got at least 9 years on me.... but you know those snotty nosed kids that grabbed the money from under the dressing shed of unsuspecting visiting teams....... and those snotty nosed kids that would fight over who was going to change the scores on the metal frame that went as a scoreboard, well Ive still got the snot stains.

And who could forget the baton swirlers and you are being kind there. Most of the time they were bent over picking the bloody things up off the ground.

And there was always the one that was bigger and uglier then Alan McRitchie.

I remember watching Jack Danzey (who later became a ref) put up an old fashioned up and under (northern end) - well Jack put the opposition fullback under a great amount of pressure. Well he would of if he had been standing in the middle of the road. Jacks pin point kick sailed over the ingoal line over the trees that lined the northern end, over the barbed wire fence and landed on the centre of the bitumen road.

That was indicative of our game back then, but as you said, who cared at least we were in there swinging.

And I can remember the drunken hoodlum element that frequented the Royal.

Verbally abusing us sweet innocent street children as we wandered happily past on our way to Sutho Station. it was always a fun walk back from Sutho Oval to the station.... lots of laughs.

Secretly I always wanted to know what went on behind the doors of the Royal after a game. Being Sunday and all .... and the 25 mile Sunday opening rule ... and hey ... you were all part taking in criminal activity.. go and give yourself up now Popper.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
looks like we have the makings of some HHHUUGGEE over ..say 30 vs under 30 comps..

The young fluffies vs the old cynics

Athritis vs youthfull exuberance.

We will supply towels for the youngins ears.

They can supply glasses of water for our teeth.:D

Quigs

Immortal
0-top5.jpg

And we could call our selves The COCS

Cynical Old merkins Subsidiary

Cynical - having no belief or trust in goodness, honesty or sincerity, etc

Old - having existed or lived for a relatively long time

merkins - noun - used only as a term of affection, and because I am not allowed to use the correct more appropriate termanology (check spellun)

Subsidiary - noun - a subsidiary person or thing, 2. commerce - a company which has more then half its shares owned by another company

And we should be entitled to pensioner benefits....... and respect

Frenzy.

Immortal
The Popper said:
Yep. I'm in the 60's, Aries.
Hey, Sutho Shark. Bet you remember Sutho Oval, and the beer tent, and the record player, and the three baton twirling marching girls we had, the old scoreboard, the kids after the change that dropped through the floorboards of the dressing sheds, etc, etc, etc. Ahhhh! But we were happy then if we just scored a try. And when we won our first ever premiership game against the Roosters at the Sportsground 11-5: Boy, did the pyss flow then. And those after game pyssups at the Royal Hotel beer garden (and sometimes Banksia Road). Jugs of beer while the band on stage played country music. Bloody ripper! Ahhh! Days of satisfaction. We didn't ask for much then, not even a win. And if we did win we were over the moon. The good ole days. :roll: How times change.
But then, have they changed much? A win is still like a needle in a haystack. :(

I doubt Sutho remembers - she tells us she is at uni so I'm thinking Barbie is throwin' a dummy. As opposed to spitting one as usually happens.

Where's Mako - he'll get the average up! :lol:

Quigs

Immortal
Generalzod said:
39 yrs old of pain and suffering...

0-top5.jpg

Roids cream can stop that general..... and thats not the ster type.

Preparation H..... best drug since aspirin.

Anyway whats another decade...........bring it on... lets see how these youngens handle it..... lets see their cynical sides.

I'm 37, those who are in that bracket between 16-20, dont know what pain is been following sharks since 1976, have known the threat of being booted out of comp, when we went belly up, been so close to the title, every up and down.

The midweek cup at parramatta stadium think it was 1988, lost to Illawarra 40-0, froze that night, and had my petrol siphned from car, thats pain

Quigs

Immortal
0-top5.jpg

Amco cup final against souths, think it was 1979. had my power fuse removed from the meter box at half time replaced with a small fish carcus on a string.....

Been there done that.

Ended up a vicious egg fight at the Hylands Hotel Narooma.. we lost the game but we won the egg fight......... and the sign...."Free Piss on Thursday went over well"

shark_girl

Juniors
Inferno said:
What are you studying shark girl?

Im doing first year Law/international business and its the readings more than the assesment thats getting to me.

sorry! didnt check this thread again! third year law/buiness mate! no all about the readings! they kill me! i know exactly where ur comin from man!

The Popper

Bench
Quigs said:
0-top5.jpg

And I can remember the drunken hoodlum element that frequented the Royal.
Verbally abusing us sweet innocent street children as we wandered happily past on our way to Sutho Station. it was always a fun walk back from Sutho Oval to the station.... lots of laughs.
Secretly I always wanted to know what went on behind the doors of the Royal after a game. Being Sunday and all .... and the 25 mile Sunday opening rule ... and hey ... you were all part taking in criminal activity.. go and give yourself up now Popper.
Yeah, Danzey. And our other blokes like Warren Ryan and Johnny Monie and Terry Hughes (the very first Rothman's Medal winner) and locals like Flash Taylor and Sambo.
I forget whether it was Saturday or Sunday at the Royal, Quigs. I was sinking jugs out the back rather than standing near the footpath hassling kids. That musta been the blokes in the corner bar.
Bloody hell, that bona fide travellers law was stupid wasn't it. I remember me and a couple of mates used to get the motor rail to somewhere, Helensburgh I think, so we could down some of the brown stuff on a Sunday. And there was the Panorama and a couple of others too. Then I joined clubs and it was no problem. :D

Latest posts