What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Siege in Martin Place

Are you telling me that two expert TRG snipers couldn't have taken this goose down because of bullet resistant (not proof) glass?

I am only a council ranger and I can write a parking ticket with the best of them, but I can answer that question for you.

Yes.

You're welcome.

Negative maverick. I work in the Lake Cargellico district. We have one disabled spot. I'm all over it. Chicka chow. Snapping necks and cashing cheques.

And you do, oh please great one expand on your experience.

Been on long shifts, so I'll put my 2 cents worth in on this.......

There is 1 or 2 on here who know my previous occupation but not all of my experiences.

Gummy suits you well - toothless and more than likely spineless. Probably should be known as gummyjellyfish!

It must be wonderful to sit in the safety of your lounge room and give expert opinion and advice on what should have and shouldn't have been done.

Standard practice is to attempt negotiate. A hot entry is the last resort when all other available methods have been thoroughly exhausted OR the offender/s act in such a manner that a hot entry is forced upon the Police. The glass used in the windows would have caused any shot to miss the intended target and possibly created even more tragedy. No-one knew what the offender had and didn't have as stated earlier - deadman's switch bomb etc. The Army have no jurisdiction in this area. The NSW Police have probably the best trained and equipped squad to handle this type of situation period.

Oh, and gummy, how do you think the coppers who fired fatal rounds - offender and innocent victim - will feel for the rest of their lives? I hope that they can find a way to live with it - it will not be easy.

Here's a tip for you - go and join the Police and when you have been there and done that, then you may offer your advice.

Gummyman

Juniors
Been on long shifts, so I'll put my 2 cents worth in on this.......

There is 1 or 2 on here who know my previous occupation but not all of my experiences.

Gummy suits you well - toothless and more than likely spineless. Probably should be known as gummyjellyfish!

It must be wonderful to sit in the safety of your lounge room and give expert opinion and advice on what should have and shouldn't have been done.

Standard practice is to attempt negotiate. A hot entry is the last resort when all other available methods have been thoroughly exhausted OR the offender/s act in such a manner that a hot entry is forced upon the Police. The glass used in the windows would have caused any shot to miss the intended target and possibly created even more tragedy. No-one knew what the offender had and didn't have as stated earlier - deadman's switch bomb etc. The Army have no jurisdiction in this area. The NSW Police have probably the best trained and equipped squad to handle this type of situation period.

Oh, and gummy, how do you think the coppers who fired fatal rounds - offender and innocent victim - will feel for the rest of their lives? I hope that they can find a way to live with it - it will not be easy.

Here's a tip for you - go and join the Police and when you have been there and done that, then you may offer your advice.

Glad you didn't get personally, what is it the monthlies?

I said it was opinion, not expert. But tell me, we still live in Qz where freedom of speech is allowed or is it only allowed for certified professional experts in whatever topic is being discussed? It would make for very limited conversation - maybe, some would could it a "police state".

I believe that given the expertise of the shooters that the change of trajectory for bullets could have been worked out.

Wrong poster re: Army, not me.

Probably badly, agree it will be hard.

My criticism is not of the coppers in general just their PR centric commish.

Quigs

Immortal
Last decent Copper of any rank in NSW was Bumper Farrell.

Bump knew how to handle most situations.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Last decent Copper of any rank in NSW was Bumper Farrell.
To the degree my old man reckons if you were in a pub and someone mentioned he was down the road, on the footpath, in the toilets or even thinking of being within the vicinty of a venue - the place would clear out.

Feej

First Grade
All this talk of what the police should have or shouldn't have done come from a society obsessed with cop shows on tv, action movies and video games. In other words, they have no idea.

Latest posts