What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Socceroos v Germany Tonight

benoir91

Juniors
Who is getting up for the game?

Does anyone think we can pull the upset?

GO THE SOCCEROOS

Gronk

Staff member
I think that the bookies have it about right..

Germany $1.48
Australia $6.50
Draw $4.25

Very hard to progress into the final group with Serbia & Germany in the mix.

Brenno75

Juniors
I'm thinking that we'll get a draw. As long as they don't play how they did against USA.

Would be a really great week if socceroos, NSW and parra get a win.

Bit a wishful thinking though

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I don't have much soccer knowledge but I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict the score. Socceroos 8 - Germany 2.

Gordy

Juniors
My daughter (who plays soccer) and I will be getting up to watch it benoir91.

Unfortunately I don't think we have a hope in hell, as usually to win a game of soccer/football you have to actually score goals, not just stop them.

I am hoping like hell that they prove me wrong though.

hindy111

Post Whore
ID say 2-0 Germans..Aussies deffence should hold up ok thou....
attack is where i worry.Wont suprise if we dotn score a goal in any of games with kennedy upfront.
If we can keep it 0 - 0 till about the 70th the germans will start to worry.Possible could get them on counter....
8- 2 : P - Australia are not brilliant but we are also not sh*t either...Dont read into USA game too much.Pim will have the boys ready

Gordy

Juniors
Sounds like we need a new goalkicker Gordy.

:lol: We certainly do Maroubra Eel.

I underestimated our prolific scoring ability here people.....we have scored 20 goals in 14 games of qualifying. 10 of which were scored against Qatar in 4 games.

:shock::shock: So.... all things being equal, we should win 1-0.

fish eel

Immortal
Germany will be too clinical, but we are capable of getting a result. This German side isn't their best and has a few problems

Tyler Durden

Juniors
the pim is ready park the bus - we could be down 2-0 with 20 minutes to go, the pim will send on 3 fresh defenders.

anything we get will be a bonus, so not expecting to win, but fingers crossed. whatever happens, it's the games against ghana and serbia that will really determine australias destiny.

but with all the hype and buildup, if the roos lose tonight, watch for the mass crashing of the bandwagon and the silly demetriou to pop up somewhere trying to get afl in the media.

offside ref

Juniors
Will be very tough but if defense holds up maybe a gutssy 0-0 draw if were lucky a dodgy 1-0 win
I will be up to watch it can't wait.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Ballack is out and Germany are historically slow starters. A draw isn't out of the question. I'm thinking of going down to the local German club to watch it dressed in green and gold :crazy:. If it looks like we are going to win I will just leave early.

spartan2153

Juniors
Ballack is out and Germany are historically slow starters. A draw isn't out of the question. I'm thinking of going down to the local German club to watch it dressed in green and gold :crazy:. If it looks like we are going to win I will just leave early.

Historically they are not slow starters. They have won there first game in the last 5 world cups. DOnt believe the media

jk13

First Grade
this game always reminds me of the simpsons episode where u hav one commentator calling the game and putting the crowd to sleep, while the sth american commentator is blowing his load over a couple of passes.

Latest posts