What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: the game day cook off thread

Frenzy.

Immortal
Simpler fare tonight. Back to a favourite. Chook tenderloins 3 ways. You've seen the Firecracker Chicken before

This time made a Parmesan/Panko encrusted version and one that was marinaded in lime juice, garlic, lime zest, paprika, cayenne, tomato paste, coriander powder and some S&P with chilis.

Bubby would blow a wad over this the last one. May have accidentally used Carolina Reapers in it. HAHAHAHA On the left bubby.

Dipping sauce is nice. Mayonnaise, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, pickle juicer, paprika and cayenne. Probably make it hotter next time and try it with seafood. Yum, yum, yum

IMG_4987.JPG

Frenzy.

Immortal
I disappeared from the game thread yesterday because I was doing this.

WANKER ALERT!!!

All the food was sous vided before finishing in my new toy

That's a 600gm snapper. I stuffed him with bruised lemongrass, garlic, green onion and seasoned him with powdered finger lime and pepperberries (good ozzie spices)

The sweet potato was sous vided with butter then I made a glaze of maple syrup, a cinnamon stick, orange juice and zest, butter and chopped walnuts. There's a simple little medley of dutch carrots done in the sous vide machine in honey, salt/pepper and ghee. Finished in a skillet. The smashed spuds were also sous vide first in Pepe Sayas uncultured butter, garlic, rosemary and sea salt before being finished in the new toy

img_6965-jpg.47469

The new toy is this. An ANOVA Precision Oven which can do sous vide with steam instead of water, then acts as a convection oven to boot!

anova-copy-jpg.47471

DJDL

Bench
Sounds awesome, Frenz.
Much better than the shite sandwich the rest of us got served up last night...

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sounds awesome, Frenz.
Much better than the shite sandwich the rest of us got served up last night...

Well I was still watching. Just took time out of posting. You don't have to be there to know what will be said anyway.