What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: the game day cook off thread

So anyway.

While y'all were a throat slitting' and a noose thin' I was whipping up a batch of Creamy Garlic prawns.

YUMMO

View attachment 39150
that looks very hot, in a hot chick/food kinda way haha
I got caught out with the change of times.
I just got some local fish, scallops (potato), calamari and fish cakes. Washed down with 4 long necks

Frenzy.

Immortal
that looks very hot, in a hot chick/food kinda way haha
I got caught out with the change of times.
I just got some local fish, scallops (potato), calamari and fish cakes. Washed down with 4 long necks

It was spicy hot too let me tell you.

Had some little birdseye chillis, seeds intact but I fancied a bit of my new favourite spice

Schezuan Pepper. Handful of the stuff ground up in the old Mortar and pestle.

Geez it bites

Frenzy.

Immortal
Anyone know where to get pomegranate molasses? Or Sumac?

Got a thing I wanna do next weekend

It was spicy hot too let me tell you.

Had some little birdseye chillis, seeds intact but I fancied a bit of my new favourite spice

Schezuan Pepper. Handful of the stuff ground up in the old Mortar and pestle.

Geez it bites
thats my mainstay meal.
I always have a freezer load of those very chillis to throw in. A friend also got my some hot green peppers, just to cook in oil and, salt them and eat away. too good.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Bump

DUUUUUUDDDEEESSSSS!!!

Wagyu Bavette Steaks (9) with a whiskey, peppercorn sauce. Pan roasted brussells sprouts done in pancetta with walnuts, cherry tomatoes in garlic, basil, thyme, butter and balsamic and a medley of mushrooms with rosemary, French shallots, garlic, white wine.

You shoulda been here. Just took the last bite

IMG_4718.JPG

IMG_4717.JPG IMG_4716.JPG

Quigs

Immortal
Moi ...... I had Reduced to Clear IGA Mini Croissants (4) filled with cooked diced bacon and Coles Tasty cheese + cracked pepper. Heated / melted in the Air Fryer.

Dessert was a treat. Yonana (banana) soft serve made with frozen rasberries. In addition to two crushed Tim Tams and crushed nuts. Oh yeah and some jelly too.

That'll sort out my Type 2.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Moi ...... I had Reduced to Clear IGA Mini Croissants (4) filled with cooked diced bacon and Coles Tasty cheese + cracked pepper. Heated / melted in the Air Fryer.

Dessert was a treat. Yonana (banana) soft serve made with frozen rasberries. In addition to two crushed Tim Tams and crushed nuts. Oh yeah and some jelly too.

That'll sort out my Type 2.

Yeah, turn it into Type 1 HAHAHA

Hows the air fryer go? I don't have one.

Quigs

Immortal
Love the air fryer. Use it all the time.

Cooked 1/2 a duck in it yesterday. stuffed it with apricots. And threw in some veggies to bake with it. beee-utiful.

Quigs

Immortal
Have you got your "Heat Guard" because I want to ask you about your Coral Trout.

"How Much?" ............. did it cost you.

Mate slipped me a good size Red Emporer the other day. Plan on cooking it tomorrow.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Have you got your "Heat Guard" because I want to ask you about your Coral Trout.

"How Much?" ............. did it cost you.

Mate slipped me a good size Red Emporer the other day. Plan on cooking it tomorrow.

Would "too much" be the correct answer? Sydney price and home delivered. Paid through the nose but wanted it so what the heck. Pic is a link

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 5.09.24 pm.png

Frenzy.

Immortal
Oh and Quigs

That little individual potato bake might kill me. Wouldn't do your DM II any good either! LOL

It was scalloped spud, onion, garlic, grated Jarlsberg, grated Parmesan, cream

Just decadent

The fish was senshash. Got the cook right which I was ascared of cause haven't cooked this Coral trout before

Probably get ciguatera

Frenzy.

Immortal
Righto

Enough of the C.L.B.s. Enough of forged up footy.

I'm off on a tangent and doin' me first asian style Hot Pot

Elements
IMG_4966.JPG

Close up veggies
IMG_4964.JPG

Stock cooking down
IMG_4965.JPG

Close up seafood
IMG_4963.JPG

Stage 1 - wilt the veggies
IMG_4969.JPG

Frenzy.

Immortal
Wasn't 100% right to be Frank. Or Ernest.

Was very tasty but a bit overcooked. Didn't know you were supposed to cook the protein in a chinese hotspot "at the table". Like you do at Korean BBQ on the grill.

Next one gonna be better

Quigs

Immortal
Far-can filthy rich bastard. I bet yuh there is not one far-can "Reduced To Clear" item in any of those ingredients.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Far-can filthy rich bastard. I bet yuh there is not one far-can "Reduced To Clear" item in any of those ingredients.

The Chinese cabbage was on special. Imported too. From Wuhan. That and the bat's testicles

Latest posts