What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: US Election

JJ

Immortal
bizarre.

I didn't think Harris was impressive at all, but Trump is just weird.

It was also a weird debate without an audience. Super awkward at the beginning.
What I saw was a bit like the Tigpies vs Warriors, everyone delusional that they are good, but a complete shit fest. America just has to do better

Trump was Trump, Harris was Harris, at least his lies are so stupid they’re obvious, she seems to believe hers…. I’m really not sure which one f**ks them more…

I guess Trump is still the best golfer involved

Meth

Staff member
I think where I have landed is that they are both nuts, but at least Harris is a normal left wing nut (and less nutty than some of her party mates)

Trump is not a normal right wing nut. He’s a proper nut and not a serious person.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
I think where I have landed is that they are both nuts, but at least Harris is a normal left wing nut (and less nutty than some of her party mates)

Trump is not a normal right wing nut. He’s a proper nut and not a serious person.
Trump is hard to get a line on, certainly a proper nut at times, notably for the camera… I think that’s a persona he’s made up, do much riffing… at times the shit he says is hysterically funny tbh

In US for the next month or so, will be interesting

JJ

Immortal
Harris was the clear winner for me.
Trump adds delusional to his list of mental failings.
tbh I don't think delusional is a new addition...

if it wasn't serious, it'd be brilliant comedy, it's VEEP like - perhaps it is, is there some big time Hollywood type masterminding the most ambitious show ever?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Harris was the clear winner for me.
Trump adds delusional to his list of mental failings.
Haha the state of delusion in Trump is hardly a new addition.

I know very little about US politics...ultimately, does any of this matter? It's well established that Trump is full of it, dangerous, has no substance etc, so is he actually going to gain or lose any votes on a debate? Changing from Biden to Harris, I get that may change some voters. But it's already very clear who Trump is and how he operates, I can't imagine that there should be a situation where someone watches it and says 'oh I will vote for Harris now, I was expecting more from Trump'

Reactions: JJ

sup42

Juniors
Haha the state of delusion in Trump is hardly a new addition.

I know very little about US politics...ultimately, does any of this matter? It's well established that Trump is full of it, dangerous, has no substance etc, so is he actually going to gain or lose any votes on a debate? Changing from Biden to Harris, I get that may change some voters. But it's already very clear who Trump is and how he operates, I can't imagine that there should be a situation where someone watches it and says 'oh I will vote for Harris now, I was expecting more from Trump'

They are polarized but in a likely extremely close race overall there are a small group that needed to see Harris dispel the Women are weaker Trump is a strong man trope.

As critics rightly point out, Harris is the first person to get to Trump to his face. Part of Trumps Teflon effect is no one gets to him thanks to his crazy act, as you say, everyone expects it, what they did not expect is that Harris would get to the mad man, break through and suck him into making a complete tit of himself when he should have been dealing to her over immigration.

He tried hard to make her invisible by not looking at or speaking in direct language to her. But she sucked him in over and over and that should be enough to convince some undecideds (mainly women) who fret that a President has to be a man because a Women does not have the temperament to deal with the worlds strong men.

She had him popping his eyes out and ranting about lock up your pets.
Yes people know he is a loon but she made him look weak...but more importantly than that - to undecideds she made him look weaker than her.

Last edited:

sup42

Juniors
This election looks like it will be won by numbers as small has hundreds of people up to ten thousand or less voters in key states.

So yes, in this age of American disillusionment with both candidates, small things like debates matter.

Since Harris has come from way behind, to almost tying the race according to the polls, every day and every moment from here matters. And Donald Trump has been the master of dominating the noise, of owning the moments of sucking the air out of the room.

Common sense tells you that all Harris has to do from here is not stuff up, now that the race is even, she should just play it steady from here, let JD Vance and Trump hang themselves and don't interfere when they are the bigger reason why they have lost their massive lead in the race.

I think Women are where Trump loses from here, and I think this is where Harris has to be very careful, because women are not scrutinizing Trump, they know his shit, they are scrutinizing her...which is a very female thing to do (before anyone pulls me up on that I studied feminism as a compulsory paper during my Uni days in psych and the official term is called horizontal violence which refers to minorities and groups not in power turning on their own - and it is a well substantiated academic theory endorsed by feminists who admit their worst critics are women).

sup42

Juniors

I honestly do not get where Harris is nuts?

She is not above criticism but nothing she has said or done suggests mental instability.

sup42

Juniors
Fundamentally what the Trump era has exposed is that the world is divided by elites that understand how to exploit a combination of stupidity, bigotry, and gullibility, three bedfellows that live together since stupidity leads to bigotry and gullibility. Dumb people are racists. You have to be dumb to believe that crap. Conversely shrewd people seize upon this fact that dummies are inherently racist 'Immigration! Migration! Alert' to manipulate masses of the dumb, which leads to the other great revelation of our age:

Smart people with bad intentions, do not want to educate the masses, rather they want to perpetuate their worst qualities, they want to feed their insecurities and manipulate their ignorance to reinforce their position in power.

The inter web proliferates stupidity and the rise of these platforms like Twitter, Tic tok, Facebook etc just reinforces that people do not want serious thought or debate. The cynical elites like Trump feed off this knowing their followers do not have the attention span nor intellect to commit to critical thinking or objectivity.

Which is how a man who talked about injecting Bleach and (insert any race of non white Origin) and he says they are eating your pets and millions of dumb white people who should see this is pure race baiting are instead so dumb that they are gagging to vote for this fool.

So America is a country where the smart want the stupid to remain the stupid because of the metaphor of the shepherd and the sheep. And American Education is constantly under attack by conservative elites who need the average Bobby Joe to remain a dumb Tic Tok - Joe Rogan watching moron because if the American people were smart....Donald Trump would NEVER happen.

Older people keep referencing how Trump would never get a look in from political landscapes of the past, the American people past (when America was truly great) would revolt against his politics, so what has changed from the eighties nineties and nougties? The interweb happened, giving the masses of dummies a disproportionate voice and a platform to proliferate stupidity...right at the time where they had a Psychopath with a platform ready to give voice to their ignorance.

Put simply no serious person would deny Trump is a fool. Half of America are lining up to be led by a fool. There is no other conclusion than at least half of the United states is populated by fools. That is the great revelation of our age, missed by many who are scratching their heads trying to find or understand how this could be.

Save your brain power, stop trying to find excuses for a hundred million yanks and accept what is staring you in the face, despite all the idiot things this man represents and has done approaching one hundred million yanks are stupid enough to be lead by him.

In conclusion, Trump is one of the dumbest people I have seen, and half of America are even dumber than him....Boom.....the most powerful empire in the history of the world is unraveling because they are thick. And they are thick because they swallowed their own hype about American exceptionalism, their own social programming, their Evangelical literal belief in manipulated Biblical text.

IVF is Satans work according to the Bible belt. Sounds a lot like what goes on in Iran when they beat women to death because of their beliefs.
Dumb. Just plain dumb yanks being manipulated by Fox News and Trump. Too dumb to realise that Doctors and Nurses are trying to stop them from dying from Covid and that wearing a face mask is not a political statement, it is simply one human being trying to get by in life.

Last edited: