What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games 2024

Das Hassler

Bench
Both are a little surprising

Everyone's still finding their seats for the first half dozen rounds...Dragons were leading after Rnd 1!. You know there's a chance the Tigers may end up having a few more " shock" "surprising" " who saw that coming" upset wins before the rest of the comp gives them any respect as a team that can beat a good side on any day...flapping our wings under the radar till then :)

murraymob

Coach
Parra have massive problems on the left in defence .Manly can’t stop the offloads
The winner is the one that plugs there left or stops the offloads

chrisD

Coach
Think if we go to Newcastle without Fish, Cleary and Luai we still scrape a win more often than not. Actually they’re missing Welch and NAS so a fair comparison would be no Fish and no Leota and yeah we’ll probably lose.

The Realist

Juniors
To be fair, Segs was great in his first year with us. Then he decided to mingle with bikies and undesirables and threw it away.

When it was announced that Api was leaving, I remember at the time musing with friends....did we keep the right Hooker? Segs looks flashy with his linebreaks but Api gets the forwards and the entire team moving.

A bit of a 'what could have been'? But as the saying goes, all's well that ends well.

WestyLife

First Grade
He is dodgy, and a flattrack bully, he oozes fkwit, im actually glad he is injured, imagine holding down a rival player and let someone else bash them, he has also caused plenty of injuries with his bumpers up style of attacking, i remember api last year

Oh he's a total grub I juat want those players to get theirs on the field I don't want anyone injured.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Everyone's still finding their seats for the first half dozen rounds...Dragons were leading after Rnd 1!. You know there's a chance the Tigers may end up having a few more " shock" "surprising" " who saw that coming" upset wins before the rest of the comp gives them any respect as a team that can beat a good side on any day...flapping our wings under the radar till then :)
I thought the Tigers were fantastic. If they can consistently perform like this, anything can happen. Look at the Warriors last year as an example of surprising early form, snowballing into a strong season.

Das Hassler

Bench
I thought the Tigers were fantastic. If they can consistently perform like this, anything can happen. Look at the Warriors last year as an example of surprising early form, snowballing into a strong season.

I'll take those encouraging words :) I think Papalli ( for one) came in with a bit of an eyes rolling attitude and had been waiting for it to happen around him...and for him..but Api and Justin Olam have now lit a "get to work" fire under the arses of the other senior players who are always the one's who set a winning or losing mindset...after their efforts on Saturday night...particularly Api's , the rest of the senior group have no place to hide or excuses to give...they've been called out! It's what we so desperately needed. You guys don't "need" Api now but still beyond me how he wasn't a priority retention

soc123_au

Staff member
I'll take those encouraging words :) I think Papalli ( for one) came in with a bit of an eyes rolling attitude and had been waiting for it to happen around him...and for him..but Api and Justin Olam have now lit a "get to work" fire under the arses of the other senior players who are always the one's who set a winning or losing mindset...after their efforts on Saturday night...particularly Api's , the rest of the senior group have no place to hide or excuses to give...they've been called out! It's what we so desperately needed. You guys don't "need" Api now but still beyond me how he wasn't a priority retention
Kenny is under rated by many, but Api is still elite. If we still had him, Critta and Kiks it would almost be like a cheat code.