What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games 2024

Iamback

Coach
Ha ha, no middle ground apparently. You either have to cheerlead & praise everything or blind hatred.

No one wants to get rid of Tago. But imo anyone that doesn't want to see his D sorted out is weird. We know he has it in him, so it needs fixing. It's as simple as that.

Me and Chins got caned for saying all of 2021 and 2022 that we were too good for the other teams.

Now we offer constructive criticism it is death riding or being negative. Too many people think in black and white

soc123_au

Staff member
Me and Chins got caned for saying all of 2021 and 2022 that we were too good for the other teams.

Now we offer constructive criticism it is death riding or being negative. Too many people think in black and white
Still do now. Over confident and get slammed. Critical, get slammed. Thats the interwebz though.

WestyLife

First Grade

I completely agreed FYI but you guys are more vocal so get slammed.

It's because they want to be positive since they love the club but also want every game to be seen as a hard uphill slog that the team beat against all odds because it feels better emotionally.

BxTom

Bench
I completely agreed FYI but you guys are more vocal so get slammed.

It's because they want to be positive since they love the club but also want every game to be seen as a hard uphill slog that the team beat against all odds because it feels better emotionally.
How did we go against Wests last year?

snickers007

Juniors
No one wants to get rid of Tago. But imo anyone that doesn't want to see his D sorted out is weird. We know he has it in him, so it needs fixing. It's as simple as that.

Yep. There is obviously some context around it (injury recovery, halfback chopping/changing every few weeks, defending full time against left-side/strong-side) - but the stats don't lie.

He's averaging 18.5 tackles per match, for 2.5 missed.
2021-2023 he was averaging 15.1 tackles, for 1.8 missed.

If they haven't already, teams will start to figure out that the more traffic they send his way, the higher chance of him producing a mistake.

Last week was diabolical. 10 tackles made, 4 tackles missed. 3 handling errors, and a penalty (sin-bin) which cost us 12 points. Against the worst team in the comp.
The week before was another 4 tackles missed, another 2 handling errors and 2 penalties.
Those not seeing it must have their head in the sand.

Our entire gameplan revolves around strong defence and discipline (with and without the ball). This stuff matters. And while Ivan isn't going to publicly blast him, I doubt it's gone unnoticed.

The week off will do him good. A week in NSW Cup would have worked too - just to concentrate for the full 80mins on hanging onto the ball, and making his tackles.

Iamback

Coach
Yep. There is obviously some context around it (injury recovery, halfback chopping/changing every few weeks, defending full time against left-side/strong-side) - but the stats don't lie.

If they haven't already, teams will start to figure out that the more traffic they send his way, the higher chance of him producing a mistake.

Last week was diabolical. 10 tackles made, 4 tackles missed. 3 handling errors, and a penalty (sin-bin) which cost us 12 points. Against the worst team in the comp.
The week before was another 4 tackles missed, another 2 handling errors and 2 penalties.

Our entire gameplan revolves around strong defence and discipline (with and without the ball). This stuff matters. And while Ivan isn't going to publicly blast him, I doubt it's gone unnoticed.

The week off will do him good. A week in NSW Cup would have worked too - just to concentrate for the full 80mins on hanging onto the ball, and making his tackles.

That is also not including the penalties and errors across the year which he is leading the team in

soc123_au

Staff member

The stats while not great dont look as bad as the eye test. I'm not really a stats guys, so hadn't seen that. For me it's the nature of the errors. He is obviously down on confidence since the Pec injury. the arm grabbing is a concern. Some of the reads aren't all on him, Nath has been down on form in D as well. Difference is Nath has a lot more credit in the bank & although not at his best, defensively he is still better than most halves anyway. Nath would also be well aware of what he needs to fix and will be busting his arse to do what he needs to.

WestyLife

First Grade
How did we go in 90% of the games we thought would be a foregone conclusion?

There is always going to be the odd hiccup.

This. Tigers have the extra emotional thing around ivan that would get them up for games and teams will always get 1 here and there. On the whole this Panthers team was an unstoppable force in 2021/22 and people got blasted for showing confidence in that.

Still do now. Over confident and get slammed. Critical, get slammed. Thats the interwebz though.
I don’t think anyone is precious about the overall views, but it is about a) the perspective and nuance (or lack therefof) in those views and b) the implication in many of those posts that our coaching staff is shit and if only a few of the posters on here were responsible for our roster management and game day preparation and tactical oversight we would win every game 46-6.

Iamback

Coach
I don’t think anyone is precious about the overall views, but it is about a) the perspective and nuance (or lack therefof) in those views and b) the implication in many of those posts that our coaching staff is shit and if only a few of the posters on here were responsible for our roster management and game day preparation and tactical oversight we would win every game 46-6.

Who has said the coaches are shit?

An Ivan trait all along has been trusting players too much, He'd have the view rightly or wrongly that the players will come good.

Copperhead

Juniors
I'll bet it was Tago who missed that tackle for their try.

murraymob

Coach
Parra v broncos
Parra dominating the first 9 minutes but take the 2 from a penalty instead of going for the throat