What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

I don’t like the Eels but good luck against the Cowboys Hindy. if it was played in Sydney I think you would be specials to win.
Yeah; really tough game in Nth Queensland, particularly this time of year. But I am riding the Eels this week; would love a Parra/Panthers GF.

I just hope the media get on the Nth QLD bandwagon this week. The surest way to ensure Parra lose is to tell them they should win…

Murraymob1

Juniors
Interesting the eels are flying up as late as they can and not flying up a few days earlier to get used to the conditions

Kilkenny

Coach
Interesting the eels are flying up as late as they can and not flying up a few days earlier to get used to the conditions
Wife and I were in Townsville fir our last regular game season.

Conditions we’re perfect for footy, mid twenties during day but cooler during the evening. I don’t think the weather will be a factor at all.

The biggest issue for the Eels is the waiting around from there arrival on Thursday till game time, lot of nervous energy expended with nothing to do but wait and the noisy and raucous home crowd which may have an influence on the match officials.

I think the home crowd for the Cowboys is a huge advantage, two evenly matched sides, I think the home ground advantage will get them home.

Conditions we’re perfect for footy, mid twenties during day but cooler during the evening. I don’t think the weather will be a factor at all.

The biggest issue for the Eels is the waiting around from there arrival on Thursday till game time, lot of nervous energy expended with nothing to do but wait and the noisy and raucous home crowd which may have an influence on the match officials.

I think the home crowd for the Cowboys is a huge advantage, two evenly matched sides, I think the home ground advantage will get them home.
Is there a decent breeze of any sort at the ground? Just thinking if there was, that Dearden or Townsend would use that to put up bombs towards Waqa’s wing.

Kilkenny

Coach
Is there a decent breeze of any sort at the ground? Just thinking if there was, that Dearden or Townsend would use that to put up bombs towards Waqa’s wing.
From memory, there was @ breeze at our game, can’t remember now who it favoured in which half. I always lived out west so not sure how the coastal winds blow. It is a very nice stadium, even if full of rabid Cowboys fans. As you would expect they are very parochial, we got nothing that night, think the Eels May do it tough unless there discipline is perfect.

Black Diamond

Juniors

Might have been perfect weather for sitting in the stand watching a game footy, however might be a bit different slogging out for 80 minutes in the middle.

Kilkenny

Coach
Might have been perfect weather for sitting in the stand watching a game footy, however might be a bit different slogging out for 80 minutes in the middle.
I wore my Panthers track suit top, it was only three weeks ago. Seriously, weather will not be a factor.

Kilkenny

Coach
The Cowboys will beat the Eels. If the game was in Sydney I would go the other way, but at home I think the Cowboys are good things.

Eels will show up and belt them I think, too much class everywhere.

Extraordinary side and not afraid of smug.

Then the local derby for the gf and it’s anyones.

Murraymob1

Juniors
12 all halftime.i think the cowboys are on top.Considering the eels scored off a blatant forward pass and the scored with the cowboys with a guy in the bin
No sure if the humidity will be a factor in the last 20 but if the cowboys can be close they deadset can win this

The difference was a blatant forward pass .the eels complained last year they where robbed .this year it went there way
You can look at any game and there are multiple calls that go for one team and multiple calls that go the other way. You can often point to one or a number of incidents that, if flipped, could have changed the outcome of the game. But that ignores all the 50/50 calls that go the other way.

I was ducking in and out of the game because it is a work day here still, but from what I saw it was a close game and Parra slightly edged it. Score line was pretty representative in my view.

age.s

First Grade
Yeah Parra had a ton of luck tonight, but they did well to hold on and win despite being the weaker team.

Would have taken a lot out of them and I think they'll struggle next week against whoever wins tomorrow.