What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

Girds89

Bench
I dont buy into the whole its our comp to lose bs that so many on here spin.

As weve seen already in the finals this year, shit can go sideways of a kick off. Murray gone. CHN gone. Yeos been kod off a kick off.

Refs are loving the sin bin.

Finals footy is a different beast.

As i said last week i thought nath was avg in the first 40... 2nd 40 i thought we were 80 to 85% what we are capable of.

Any finals game you need a bit of luck..

If im ivan after what ive seen this year... im actually telling the boys to play it safe the first 5mins.

We dont need yeo or fish knocked out on the kick off.

We dont need 120% for the first 15 mins and than 85% the rest.

Just 100% for 80 mins.

Be cautios at the kick off. Everyone should go high around the chest etc.

No dumb penalties.

Tmoz i think will be a whole lot closer. Not sure which way it will go.

Buns i dont think have the stamina to match the sharkies.

Should be a good one.

Smug Panther

First Grade

As weve seen already in the finals this year, shit can go sideways of a kick off. Murray gone. CHN gone. Yeos been kod off a kick off.

As i said last week i thought nath was avg in the first 40... 2nd 40 i thought we were 80 to 85% what we are capable of.

If im ivan after what ive seen this year... im actually telling the boys to play it safe the first 5mins.

Just 100% for 80 mins.

No dumb penalties.

Should be a good one.
It's 100% our comp to lose. That's not pride or smug its fact

Black Diamond

Juniors

Just 100% for 80 mins.

No dumb penalties.

Should be a good one.
Agree totally. Everything has fallen into place for us this year. Last year we had so much adversity and had to fight for that premiership. If we remain fit and no stupid ill discipline creeps in or we get head hunted, we should win on ability. However, as you say, finals are a different beast and can be turned on their head in an instant.

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Agree totally. Everything has fallen into place for us this year. Last year we had so much adversity and had to fight for that premiership. If we remain fit and no stupid ill discipline creeps in or we get head hunted, we should win on ability. However, as you say, finals are a different beast and can be turned on their head in an instant.

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.
Yes finals are different, this side has been twiddling its thumbs all year, just look at To'o

Black Diamond

Juniors
Yes finals are different, this side has been twiddling its thumbs all year, just look at To'o
Yep we have been cruising in second gear but it only takes a HIA or a send off or sin bin and they will be on the sideline twiddling their thumbs. We need our best team fit and firing for 2 more games. They will have the advantage if doing their homework on teams that have been playing while they have watching.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Didn’t get to watch the game. How did parra play
Eels were good but Raiders were very bad, they saved their worst game of the year till the most important game of the year, Tigers would have beat them tonight. Eels supporters can't think for themselves and tried to be us by doing the Viking clap, displaying typical little brother behaviour, copying what big brother does.

betcats

Referee
Cows will do the eels. Just can’t see Parra going up there beating a fresh cowboys side. Parra have good games in them but they aren’t consistent at all and all the talk about them this week will get to them.

North Queensland next week will be a furnace, literally and figuratively. Hot, humid and sweaty with country two heads rolling in from places with more crocs than people packing that stadium. Will be a totally different feel for Parra.

Which is good cause if we get through I’d rather play cows, not as good in Sydney and their fans won’t dominate the gf stadium like Parra would.

Fangs

Coach
HIA's are a real feature of this finals series. Both Arthur and Stuart benched their starting locks Matterson and CHN. It didn't work out for the Raiders in the end as CHN got knocked out anyway.

I'd like to see some stats on HIA's. How many per team, how many are game ending etc. I feel like our club might handle it a bit better than others. Regardless we need to do our very best to avoid it.

Fangs

Coach
North Queensland next week will be a furnace, literally and figuratively. Hot, humid and sweaty with country two heads rolling in from places with more crocs than people packing that stadium. Will be a totally different feel for Parra.

Its a big deal. 28 and humid in Townsville at the moment. Eels have a good pack but its a different game when its hot. Will also suit the Cowboys attack on a dry track. They have more speed and more dynamic players in the backline.

Eels experience over the last 5 years has to amount to something. Maybe a prelim is all they can muster. But I have a hunch they will win against the Cows and lose to Penrith in the final. Its written in the stars.

Iamback

Coach

Just 100% for 80 mins.

No dumb penalties.

Should be a good one.

We play safe footy and wear teams down, That is why our HIA and Sin bins are low. We do great 1st up hits, No one rushes out to put on hits

We will just bomb the back 3 and grind wins out

Iamback

Coach
Yep we have been cruising in second gear but it only takes a HIA or a send off or sin bin and they will be on the sideline twiddling their thumbs. We need our best team fit and firing for 2 more games. They will have the advantage if doing their homework on teams that have been playing while they have watching.

I'd be very surprised if we aren't watching tonights game as a squad, Allows the team to work earlier

Someone2

Juniors
Eels were good but Raiders were very bad, they saved their worst game of the year till the most important game of the year, Tigers would have beat them tonight. Eels supporters can't think for themselves and tried to be us by doing the Viking clap, displaying typical little brother behaviour, copying what big brother does.
Shark fans were the first ones to do the Viking clap
riff fans stole it off them

Latest posts