What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

MugaB

Coach
The Chad like Mitch Pearce should be giving half his pay check to James Maloney.

Jimmy carrying both to a premiership really increased their value and extended their careers.
Maloney was an out and out winner, he came up with effort plays that made others look good, i just remember origin, when nate was injured, and wade graham went into 5/8th, Maloney at half, i think it was in Perth, they cut QLD to pieces

Sime_11

Juniors
when he left Penrith - i just couldnt understand struggling clubs at the time like Broncs Tigers or Dogs didnt throw a contract at him - whatever he offered them would have been worth it, he was a turnstile in defence but man he could lead a team around and attack

Chins get the wins

First Grade
when he left Penrith - i just couldnt understand struggling clubs at the time like Broncs Tigers or Dogs didnt throw a contract at him - whatever he offered them would have been worth it, he was a turnstile in defence but man he could lead a team around and attack
He was pretty poor for us overall. Helped Nathan and Luai progress but that's about it

Pumpkin

Juniors
What? He's currently the form player of the entire comp. It's madness if he isn't the 6.
Kotoni Staggs and Talakai were the form players of the competition last year and look what happened . Couldn't handle the pressure.

Cleary and Luai have big match experience. Nicho doesn't. He needs to gain that experience coming off the bench. There will be less pressure on him coming off the bench.

Nicho might be one of those rare players that eats pressure for breakfast, but why take the risk?

WestyLife

First Grade
Kotoni Staggs and Talakai were the form players of the competition last year and look what happened . Couldn't handle the pressure.

Cleary and Luai have big match experience. Nicho doesn't. He needs to gain that experience coming off the bench. There will be less pressure on him coming off the bench.

Nicho might be one of those rare players that eats pressure for breakfast, but why take the risk?

The Laurie Daley coaching philosophy on origin coaching eh?

Nsw backs including the halves struggled because the forwards who do have big game experience got beat by the qld pack.

Hynes came through and developed in the storm team looking like a star then went to the sharks and is the Reigning Dally M medallist and should get it on form again if he keeps going. It'd be mind blowing to leave him out.

Also finals week 1 last year:

4 line break assists
3 try assists
750 kicking metres
65 running metres

Can't play big games is a myth.

Fangs

Coach
Hynes will be picked, if not 6 then 14.

He has his defensive lapses at times but his form is irresistible. Also great cover if Cleary gets injured. Luai can't cover 7.

Iamback

Coach

Nailed it. Plenty of halves with big game experience should they not want Luai

Iamback

Coach
Hynes will be picked, if not 6 then 14.

He has his defensive lapses at times but his form is irresistible. Also great cover if Cleary gets injured. Luai can't cover 7.

14 is his spot.

Needs to win some big games in the halves 1st.

I still think they go the club combo Cleary/Luai

but Burton, Keary, Reynolds all should be picked before Hynes

Pumpkin

Juniors
The Laurie Daley coaching philosophy on origin coaching eh?

Nsw backs including the halves struggled because the forwards who do have big game experience got beat by the qld pack.

Hynes came through and developed in the storm team looking like a star then went to the sharks and is the Reigning Dally M medallist and should get it on form again if he keeps going. It'd be mind blowing to leave him out.

Also finals week 1 last year:

4 line break assists
3 try assists
750 kicking metres
65 running metres

Can't play big games is a myth.
I didn't say he shouldn't be picked or he can't play big games. I'm saying he should be picked on the bench because he doesn't have enough big game experience to be thrust into the number 6 or 7 jersey.

It's better for him. What if he feels the pressure and starts to panic and has a bad game. What then? He will be dropped.

Fangs

Coach
14 is his spot.

Needs to win some big games in the halves 1st.

I still think they go the club combo Cleary/Luai

but Burton, Keary, Reynolds all should be picked before Hynes

Keary is a big stretch.

Reynolds first in if Cleary went down. I like Burton in the 14 and Hynes starting. However I can't see Fittler leaving Hynes out.

Iamback

Coach
He played great even in a losing team. Almost if not best on field still.

Yes but he is best in 14 for Origin. Much better than Crichton playing there

The squad that won in 2021 should be picked in most cases, A Fit Tom Turbo and Latrell last year NSW win

Latest posts