What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

The Realist

Juniors
I talked J’Maine up, I know he is playing in the same position as Yeo, we just needed to find a spot for him somewhere. We goofed, big time, lost him to the Eels for an inconsequential contract. He is just a super player.

We should have offered him an edge.

snickers007

Juniors
We should have offered him an edge.

He played a couple of games at second row in NSW Cup last year before he signed with the Eels.

Once he signed, he was shifted straight back to lock, and wasn't considered for first grade again.

Personally I don't see him as anything other than a middle. I'm not sure his skills translate that well.

For all we know, he could have been the plan, but he decided to leave because he wanted to play 13. 🤷‍♂️

Fangs

Coach
Hopgood definitely falls in the can't keep them all category.

Too good for reserves but no spot available in first grade. I'm glad he moved on from Penrith and found a regular start at Parramatta.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I’ll take Hynes in the 6 but I hate his defence. Can’t carry a 14 who also can’t tackle, like Burton. I’ll probably go Wighton in the 14 because he could play second row and still be an asset.

I wouldn’t pick Crichton at centre whatever the case, the fullbacks first then Graham then Staggs but he’s my starting winger partner with Brian in front of Suali and the Fox.
Hynes tackle efficiency 93.8%

Wighton at 83.2%

Yet Hynes can't tackle ?

Pumpkin

Juniors
Initially I preferred Luai over Hynes because of the risk posed by Hynes not having much big game experience. But as someone pointed out, Hynes was one of the better player on the field in Cronulla's two finals last year. I also feel that Hynes is the type of character who wouldn't be fazed by pressure.

Another question to ask is who would Qld least like to see, and I think the answer is Hynes. He can also play a number of positions, including fullback in case there is a need for a reshuffle.

age.s

First Grade
I hope they pick as few Panthers as possible. We get nothing out of players being picked besides the likelihood of losing games and potential injuries.
Hopefully it'll wake a few up who have been coasting.

Pumpkin

Juniors
I hope they pick as few Panthers as possible. We get nothing out of players being picked besides the likelihood of losing games and potential injuries.
That's false thinking. Having a high representation in origin helps the club team, because the players come back battle hardened and impervious to pressure. It also means you have to blood new players during the period which creates depth.

You only have to look at the proof. Penrith won 2 grand finals with a high representation. The Roosters the same when they won their GF's. Melbourne and Brisbane are other examples in times past.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
That's false thinking. Having a high representation in origin helps the club team, because the players come back battle hardened and impervious to pressure. It also means you have to blood new players during the period which creates depth.

You only have to look at the proof. Penrith won 2 grand finals with a high representation. The Roosters the same when they won their GF's. Melbourne and Brisbane are other examples in times past.
This group needs rest and reinvention. They are as "hardened" as they will ever be

Munky

Coach
I'd argue having Origin players just means you have good players. Alot of players don't get picked for NSW until after they win a comp.

Throughout the Gallen years Origin was a slow messy ruck which didn't resemble the club game at all.

Kilkenny

Coach
It is extremely difficult to maintain the levels of performance we have achieved over this past three seasons.

No other side in the NRL era has been able to accomplish it and given our issues with losing some of our best players, depth players, injuries, coaches I’m not surprised in the least we are going through a difficult period.

We are facing a huge challenge, one that in 2023, that may just be a hurdle to difficult to overcome. Just maybe we may no longer be the the best team and for this season anyway we may just have to that.

Kilkenny

Coach
Magic Round, another away game for the Broncos. The BS has to end.

I have no issues with Magic Round as such but seriously at some stage, year whatever, can the Broncos just be assigned the home game. It really is farcical for the NRL to continue to afford them such an obvious advantage.

MugaB

Coach
Magic Round, another away game for the Broncos. The BS has to end.

I have no issues with Magic Round as such but seriously at some stage, year whatever, can the Broncos just be assigned the home game. It really is farcical for the NRL to continue to afford them such an obvious advantage.
Its says more about manly gifting them that advantage, than it does broncos recieving it, after all
If it was the other way round, theyd be an extra game in brooky, not Suncorp

Kilkenny

Coach
Its says more about manly gifting them that advantage, than it does broncos recieving it, after all
If it was the other way round, theyd be an extra game in brooky, not Suncorp
Please explain? Even Pauline Hanson May struggle to fathom your point?

MugaB

Coach
Please explain? Even Pauline Hanson May struggle to fathom your point?
Manly struggles to attract crowds in comparison to the bronx, and broncos have no issue filling their home games, often, so a magic round where broncos are away, means more bums on seats

Its like where cowboys are the away team in cairns or NT, as a sydney side will take a home game to thier side of the country

Latest posts