What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

Goonji

Juniors
Walsh is extremely dangerous. No coincidence qld lost without him in game 3.

Ivan needs to find a way to ahut him down when we come up against them.

He is an absolute match winner.

Same as we did to Turbo. Don’t kick the ball to him. I would target Cobbo and try to wear him down, doesn’t look fit.

Girds89

Bench
Same as we did to Turbo. Don’t kick the ball to him. I would target Cobbo and try to wear him down, doesn’t look fit.

Hes biggest threat isnt returning the ball.

Its chiming into back line plays..

Hes and elite passing and short kicking game and has speed to burn most players in the comp... especially centres/2nd rowers and halves... who are all the guys he goes at in back line plays..

Im not concerned about him returning kicks.. in fact i almost think its better to kick to him every single time.

Not directly to him... but kick early and make him chase the ball at top speed 30m to catch it or stop a 40/20. Gas him out with work off the ball and returning it.

If you kick to the big guys it leaves him with all that extra energy to burn off in the back line plays.

We are a good defensive team but he can burn any of our players with outright speed of he gets half a sniff..

Ivan just needs to work out how to minimise his effectiveness when he is chiming in out the back.. i think making him work a shitload off the ball helps.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I was in Canberra over weekend for work and managed to catch the Knights v Raiders game at GIO.

I gotta say Ponga was incredible to see live. I’m sure it’s not the first time I’ve seen him, but my god he stood out in this game, absolute freak.

soc123_au

Staff member
I was in Canberra over weekend for work and managed to catch the Knights v Raiders game at GIO.

I gotta say Ponga was incredible to see live. I’m sure it’s not the first time I’ve seen him, but my god he stood out in this game, absolute freak.
He is great to watch when he is on. Especially at the ground where you see the plays unfold. Walsh I imagine would be great to see live for the same reason.

age.s

First Grade
In fairness to Jane, we handled Walsh very well that night. The broader point is well made though. There's things you pick up more easily at a ground, and the magic of a Ponga/Walsh when they're firing (or rather not being contained) is sublime.

Only thing I like better is watching us bash the everloving out of them.

ACTPanthers

Bench

And you didn't pop round for a bevvie? I'm heartbroken...

Latest posts