What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

WestyLife

First Grade
I am a little older than you and I can assure you that most years they start enforcing a rule and within 2 - 3 weeks, it's forgotten again - been happening for 45 years that I know of. You didn't expect any consistency did you? :)

I know what you're referencing but No don't mean that. I'm talking about that crackdown they did that became a big drama.

Kilkenny

Coach
Wade three years too long.
The thing is, you can’t blame the players, you are a long time retired.

When you are earning the sort of money they are on, you can’t blame them for continuing to play on.

If I was accustomed to earning anywhere between $300k - $800k a season that is huge to give up and all of a sudden having to earn a living like the rest of us.

I sort of understood Wade Graham getting his one year extension for this season, given his service, experience etc, not sure giving Matt Moylan a two year extension was good business for the Sharks they are kind of stuck with him now for 2024.

Kilkenny

Coach
Moyza one year too long 😞

Man of Steel time for the great man
Hopefully, he doesn’t return next week, he has form for reserving his best when he plays against us, even if a season or two ago.

I kind of think he may not see out the last year of his deal at the Sharks. If he wants to extend his career, earning capacity, he surely needs to make the move to the ESL after the end of this season.

Kilkenny

Coach
I am a little older than you and I can assure you that most years they start enforcing a rule and within 2 - 3 weeks, it's forgotten again - been happening for 45 years that I know of. You didn't expect any consistency did you? :)
One rule that appears to no longer be enforced in 2023 is the so called flop. The NRL seem to be happy for the flop currently, to slow down the game given the game was deemed to fast. I think we may have got pinged for a flop against the Dolphins which is probably only one of handful I have seen across all games this season. There is no consistency across application of the rules, it varies each and every game, different interpretations from different officials. It is what it is. We’re stuck with it, not the Panthers, just the game generally.

murraymob

Coach
Laurie in the halves for the tigers .pretty poor passing .like to see him take the line on to see how he goes

Fangs

Coach
I thought Laurie went alright too.

Bula has been good for them but prior to that Laurie should 100% have been their fullback. In his debut year for the Tigers he did enormous work for them off the ball. Even when Laurie was out of form guys like Staines and Doueihi weren't going to be much of an improvement.

Just another example of how bad the Tigers are. Laurie will flourish back here and be great fullback cover. With Crichton leaving we are lacking in that department.