What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

Girds89

Bench
Its a 4 horse race imo...

Us, broncs, souths, storm...

I cant see the warriors getting there...

Broncs are the form team atm.

We have the runs on the board experience wise..

Souths have the attack to hurt anyone if the click soon

Storm have bellamy... at full strength cantvright them off.

If the gf was next week id say brissie win. They are on fire.

We are doing what we need to to win. Winning comfortably ill add but not with conviction. Not with our best footy...

Ivan needs to time our run perfectly. Get everyone back all hands on deck hopefully for week 1 and let the attack click.

Very hard to beat the storm twice in a year let alone 3 times.... if we get them week one it will be a battle for the ages

Bred not Bought

Juniors
I know we’ve beaten the Storm twice comfortably but can’t help feeling I would be more confident playing the Warriors at home first up.

Unless there is an upset we are likely to run into the Storm in the finals anyway.
Better to play them in our backyard first up. We have a 2nd chance if things go wrong.

Getting ahead of ourselves. But, beat them. Then they then go on Brisbane's side of the draw.

Last edited:

Whino

Bench
I know we’ve beaten the Storm twice comfortably but can’t help feeling I would be more confident playing the Warriors at home first up.

You should look at from the Storms perspective. Maybe they don't feel confident playing us?

They have a very very good record against the Broncos of recent times. If I was the Storm I would rather the Broncos first up.

age.s

First Grade
Call it ptsd/pavlovian response but I dont think I'll ever feel comfortable writing off the Storm when they're thereabouts. The 2010s really were brutal.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Call it ptsd/pavlovian response but I dont think I'll ever feel comfortable writing off the Storm when they're thereabouts. The 2010s really were brutal.

I think it is an us v them GF. They will get Broncs in week 1 of the finals/PF if it falls that way

Iamback

Coach
Its a 4 horse race imo...

Us, broncs, souths, storm...

I cant see the warriors getting there...

Broncs are the form team atm.

We have the runs on the board experience wise..

Souths have the attack to hurt anyone if the click soon

Storm have bellamy... at full strength cantvright them off.

If the gf was next week id say brissie win. They are on fire.

We are doing what we need to to win. Winning comfortably ill add but not with conviction. Not with our best footy...

Ivan needs to time our run perfectly. Get everyone back all hands on deck hopefully for week 1 and let the attack click.

Very hard to beat the storm twice in a year let alone 3 times.... if we get them week one it will be a battle for the ages

not even sure Souths make it. Got a couple of tricky games coming up

Whino

Bench
not even sure Souths make it. Got a couple of tricky games coming up

I think they do. Just playing around with the NRL Ladder predictor.
Even If they win one of the their last two games they make it. The bye helps them.

Iamback

Coach
I think they do. Just playing around with the NRL Ladder predictor.
Even If they win one of the their last two games they make it. The bye helps them.

Who drops out for the Cows?

They have Sharks
Dolphins
Then us when we will rest a stack of guys

Hopefully, the top 4 as it stands will remain the same.

Would rather play Melbourne at home in the first week. Then we can replicate the 2003 Preliminary Final and beat the Warriors.

Whino

Bench
Who drops out for the Cows?

They have Sharks
Dolphins
Then us when we will rest a stack of guys

Raiders or Knights.
If Knights win two of there 3 games they are in. Souffs, Sharks and Dragons. Souffs and Sharks are at home for them. Raiders should beat the Dogs but lose to the Broncos and Sharks. If the Knights only win one there 3 games the probably Raiders sneak in.
TBH a couple of those games you could flip a coin on. Plus before the bye Cows were flagging. They are no sure thing either.

age.s

First Grade
Sharks are far from certainties themselves. 3 games vs other teams around them on the table. I have their final game against the Raider's as a decider for that final spot.

There'll almost certainly be epic whining about the Cows playing us twice at perfect times this year too.

Huge game for Souths versus Knights. If they lose, Knights are virtually locked in (taking away a spot in the finals) plus it provides a chance for the Roosters to draw level with them, making the final round quite spicy.

Ultimately, I hope it is Canberra, Knights, Sharks and Cows that make it, and both Souths and Roosters miss out.

Of course, I’m just waiting Hooper to proclaim on 360 ‘if any team can win it from 9th, it’s the Rabbitihs…’.

snickers007

Juniors
Of course, I’m just waiting Hooper to proclaim on 360 ‘if any team can win it from 9th, it’s the Rabbitihs…’.

If both Rabbits and Roosters miss out it won't be long until someone throws out the idea of a 9-team, double elimination tourney to replace the McIntyre system. We'd get 7 weeks of finals action. Minimum 16 matches (17 if GF1 is an upset). No team can go home on the back of a single bad performance. And to be honest I'm not seeing a downside.

Latest posts