What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other NRL Games

Will be interesting to see if JWH gets a holiday for breaking RCGs jaw.
Interesting its the second jaw broken by the Roosters this year.
Interesting.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Panthers lost, wait got smashed by a team outside the top 4. Does that mean their season is over??

Or does it just simply mean their hot run is finished, they’ll battle through another slump before coming good? - could be similar timing to the dragons, which would mean they’ll be hot come finals

Roosters are making their run now too, wouldn’t want to play them in the next 4-6 weeks.. then they’ll come over their peak too for a little slump.
We play Easts in 6 weeks time. It will be their 4th game from here.

giboz71

First Grade
I always had a feeling Roosters would make their run at some stage.

Too many good players not to eventually get it all together. Them and Souths are probably the biggest threats right now.

MilanDragon

Juniors
We play Easts in 6 weeks time. It will be their 4th game from here.

If they go on a run then by that point when we play them they could be on a 6-7 game win streak which would be due to end!

They’ve beaten a few of the lower sides lately, as in Knights and Titans and that’s always a good way to start a run before playing teams like Panthers, Storm and then Dragons.

We have the Storm a week before (I think without origin players) then the Roosters after Origin.. it’ll be a very good test and indicationfor us.

MilanDragon

Juniors
They played a team missing around 6 of their best players plus they lost RCG.

Wonder how the roosters would go if you took 7 players out.

RoRters won't do anything much. But then again, nor will we.

Wasn’t it against a very very similar team that played us, minus Kikau - who started on the bench last week anyway. Plus Cleary has had a few matches back since playing us.

To me the biggest difference is the panthers were away against the Roosters and at home to us.

Drag Queen

Bench
Wasn’t it against a very very similar team that played us, minus Kikau - who started on the bench last week anyway. Plus Cleary has had a few matches back since playing us.

To me the biggest difference is the panthers were away against the Roosters and at home to us.
The Panthers got steam rolled last night by a very strong looking Roosters outfit. They are starting to click and look dangerous tbh.

jeffdragon

Bench
See penrith have played only three teams in the 8 before last night .
Soft draw Cleary and peachey did nothing.
Went missing and Maloney had a shocker.

hewi

Bench
I went to the game and can’t decide if the roosters are that good or Penrith were that bad. They were falling off tackles, dropping the ball and Maloney had a shocker while Cleary was missing in action. I want to see the roosters do it again against a team that turns up before passing judgement.

Drag Queen

Bench
I still believe if Roosters can get in a purple patch and maintain it then the premiership is there's to lose. Their backs are incredible.
I remember Joey, who is working with a few of the Rooster's roster telling the fans to be patient at the beginning of this season. He stated that once everyone had gelled they were going to be a dangerous unit. Johns was smiling from ear to ear last night whilst Freddy was lost for words. Cleary and Maloney were basically absent whilst the loss of RCG is a huge blow. Thankfully Qld are in the same basket. Interesting days ahead. Hers's hoping our lot put a number on Manly today.

giboz71

First Grade
I went to the game and can’t decide if the roosters are that good or Penrith were that bad. They were falling off tackles, dropping the ball and Maloney had a shocker while Cleary was missing in action. I want to see the roosters do it again against a team that turns up before passing judgement.

Too hard to gauge anything after a single game. Most people had us winning the comp after we lapped Melb, and we’ve played pretty poorly since then.

Many twists and turns to come, especially during Origin.

Bench
Doggies are in for quite a few bad seasons ahead. Des and the CEO have destroyed that team.
I doubt whether Hasler will coach any first grade team anytime soon

MilanDragon

Juniors
Panthers not having a great time against the Eagles. Does that mean their season is slowing down too? Or just they’re also somewhat fatigued because of representative duties.

Crush

Coach
So a few weeks back a certain poster @ouryears said that Dragons should be more like Penrith. Penrith are the ones to beat. Dragons aren't in their league.
This same poster also likes to reference other games to discredit Dragons performances.
Well in case you missed it everyone (actually just ouryears)
MANLY 18 PENRITH 10
#goodtimes

giboz71

First Grade
All the dopes (especially the trolls) that were smashing our performance against the Eels I hope are watching the other games this round.

Teams 3 and 4 have both lost at home and Roosters and Melbourne last night was a cripple fight.

Anyone that knows footy would know it’s a disrupted week for all teams and the games thus far show it.

And we’re still 4 points clear!

FlameThrower

Bench
No team can maintain 100% intensity and focus. Lower teams playing for nothing will lift and upsets always occur. Manly have just done us a favour ... I’m good with that.

ALSGI

Bench
All the dopes (especially the trolls) that were smashing our performance against the Eels I hope are watching the other games this round.

Teams 3 and 4 have both lost at home and Roosters and Melbourne last night was a cripplle fight.

Anyone that knows footy would know it’s a disrupted week for all teams and the games thus far show it.

And we’re still 4 points clear!
These other teams don’t have the Duffman.