What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other Round 1 Games

Card Shark

Immortal
I feel your pain uncle.

We went to the game yesterday as specials & played like we were a bit special!

They should’ve been paying more than that but yes they’ll drop another 50c after today.

Manly won’t be far behind them! I praying they get it?

At least Manly has some marquee players. So not worried about them being worse than the Dogs.

Only team I’m worried about is the Eels but I’m hoping this new half they have gives them a spark. But the Dogs are seriously Vanilla this year. A couple of injuries and they’ll really look like a NSW State Cup team.

King Ben

Juniors
Gould mustn't be confident his mob will win, he had an article in the Sun Herald today already making excuses for a loss to Parra.

Quigs

Immortal
Just got back from watching the Mighty Emu Park Emus round 1 game. We put the cleaners through Fitzroy Gracemere team 50 to 4.

Just thought I tell you that because we had a young very fit looking X factor Center going around. His name was Rhys Wesser. Yep the same bloke.

I kid you not, this is the truth. A mate and I sat up on the hill overlooking the oval to watch the game. It is a brilliant viewing spot. The nearest group of people were 30 metres away. Before the kick off this woman came and stood 2 metres from us as we were getting ready to start to watch the main game. She was talking loudly into one of those fharrkan earpiece phone thingies. Yacking and yacking away. And I can tell you this. Gospel ..... For the next 80 minutes the wench kept talking. I couldn't fharrcan believe it.

She spoke for the entire bloody game.

Edit, here you go.... some bloke posted this up on the Emus FB page. Thats moi on the hill in the red shirt and hat. My mate is in the navy blue shirt talking to another group. The bird yakking came and stood a couple of metres to my left. Couldn't bloody believe it. Rhys is in red far right next to the green blokes.

54434460_2602986159718710_4189359169792376832_n.jpg

Last edited:

shaggs

Coach
Just got back from watching the Mighty Emu Park Emus round 1 game. We put the cleaners through Fitzroy Gracemere team 50 to 4.

Just thought I tell you that because we had a young very fit looking X factor Center going around. His name was Rhys Wesser. Yep the same bloke.

I kid you not, this is the truth. A mate and I sat up on the hill overlooking the oval to watch the game. It is a brilliant viewing spot. The nearest group of people were 30 metres away. Before the kick off this woman came and stood 2 metres from us as we were getting ready to start to watch the main game. She was talking loudly into one of those fharrkan earpiece phone thingies. Yacking and yacking away. And I can tell you this. Gospel ..... For the next 80 minutes the wench kept talking. I couldn't fharrcan believe it.

She spoke for the entire bloody game.

Edit, here you go.... some bloke posted this up on the Emus FB page. Thats moi on the hill in the red shirt and hat. My mate is in the navy blue shirt talking to another group. The bird yakking came and stood a couple of metres to my left. Couldn't bloody believe it. Rhys is in red far right next to the green blokes.

54434460_2602986159718710_4189359169792376832_n.jpg
He played in my touch tram a couple of years ago.
The games both him and adrian Lam up were the goods. Both still looked good enough to play proper footy

Quigs

Immortal
He played in my touch tram a couple of years ago.
The games both him and adrian Lam up were the goods. Both still looked good enough to play proper footy

Yeah from my Corporate Box Rhys looked very fit. Although the opposition was shit Rhys set up a hat trick of tries for his young outside winger.

Love the bush footy. The Ressies was a treat - 3 blokes binned, one sent off. There was a big stink and a couple of blokes got sat on their arse. Anyhow the Ref and the touchie were trying to work out whose up who and who didn't pay. The Fitzroy bloke who was one of the main offenders ducks off the field and is in the sheds before the ref could signal him out.

They are looking everywhere for this bloke so they could bin him. They finally get him out of the sheds back up the far end of the field and put the hands up for ten in the bin ...... so the bloke runs back off into the shed. Meantime the bloke that replaced him was on the field and it took them a few minutes to realise that the replacement had to go off to.