What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our best backline?

fish eel

Immortal
A fit Tahu on one side and Inu on the other?

Benny has gotten better, but today wet my appetite, having two match winners like that, one on each side.

Or does Inu go back to PL, or Tahu take Reddy's wing spot?

Fathead

Bench
I am of the opinion that Tahu is a great WINGER and a good centre.

If you could convince Tahu to play in the wing for the good of the team and in place of Reddy we will have one hell of a backline.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Tahu (or Inu) being shifted to the wing is the best

Benny defense is needed for the big games but Inu & Tahu both create way too much to be dropped

Fathead

Bench
I like Bennys ' straight' defence but he is suspect with his lateral defence.

I would like Ben Smith to develop into a dynamic lock.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I've been thinking about this since before this post was made TBH

and I'd actually go with

1. Krisnan Inu
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Ben Smith
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe

Fathead

Bench
Hurriflatch said:

and I'd actually go with

1. Krisnan Inu
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Ben Smith
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe

Well I dont mind that either...
Although I think that Hayne will be rather miffed to lose his fullback spot to Inu.

parra_jesus

Juniors
i know tahu doesnt like playing wing , but due to the circumstances of him leaving us next year i think he should be put on the wing and leave inu and smith as the centres . inu could gain some good experience having tahu playing outside him... ofcourse if it happens tahu will kick up a big stink

yy_cheng

Coach
I still would have Tahu at centre. We play too flat to have Tahu on the wing.

The more Tahu gets the ball, the better we are.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:

and I'd actually go with

1. Krisnan Inu
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Ben Smith
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe

I actually like the look of that.

strider

Post Whore
woohoo - benny misses one game through injury, so lets lay the boot in and piss him off :roll:

joel will go back to PL for starters

from what i saw today I didn't think Hayne was very good at fullback (i'm sure he'll improve, it was a fair change for him today) - I thought we lacked support play today .... Inu went back there for most of the 2nd half - I'm wondering if Inu might end up fullback and Hayne back to the wing???

Gronk

Staff member
I agree. I thought Jarryd was very ordinary today. He seems to have adopted a Lote Tiquiri dance instead of running hard and straight at the line.

strider

Post Whore
Gronk said:
I agree. I thought Jarryd was very ordinary today. He seems to have adopted a Lote Tiquiri dance instead of running hard and straight at the line.
yeah he was tip-toing around like a fairy .... maybe his new fancy "glow in the dark boots" needed to be worn in :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
strider said:
yeah he was tip-toing around like a fairy .... maybe his new fancy "glow in the dark boots" needed to be worn in :lol:

Yeah the yellow boots. FFS. :crazy:

sportsmad

Juniors
strider said:
woohoo - benny misses one game through injury, so lets lay the boot in and piss him off :roll:

joel will go back to PL for starters

from what i saw today I didn't think Hayne was very good at fullback (i'm sure he'll improve, it was a fair change for him today) - I thought we lacked support play today .... Inu went back there for most of the 2nd half - I'm wondering if Inu might end up fullback and Hayne back to the wing???

yeah, guess we are used to Burty running through nearly every hit up, but Hayne or Inu are safe at the back, my heart wasn't jumping when the bombs went up. something they'll get better at with time. what is clear they both need to be in the side somewhere, i like Hurri's back line.

dazeely

First Grade
Tahu to wing. Awesome winger, good centre.
Doesn't like to pass as was evident when he passed too late to Guru. On the wing he doesn't need to catch and pass. States he doesn't want to play wing, but hes going to union therefore shouldn't have a choice. Mind you he needs to be in the team.