What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our bi-annual big game was played tonight

The Godfather

Juniors
Could be 2000 all over again.
Stuffed around all season, then something went CLICK and we smashed Canberra at home. Went on a bit of a run, snuck into 7th, smashed the Roosters, eliminated Penrith and gave the Broncos a hell of a scare in the semi's.

Take that form to Townsville next week, and all of a sudden, we're right back into the battle.

Electric_Eels

Juniors
I also think our game vs St Geo-Illa was a game where everything worked back in

Here's our last 4 games up in townsville:

Round 26, 2002 Parramatta 6 vs North Qld 15 07-Sep-2002 S.Lyons 14892
Round 8, 2001 Parramatta 14 vs North Qld 14 07-Apr-2001 P.Simpkins 12949
Round 17, 2000 Parramatta 20 vs North Qld 6 27-May-2000 M.Jadwat 12657
Round 11, 1999 Parramatta 16 vs North Qld 12 15-May-1999 S.Hampstead 17256

Our records not bad, but history suggests a low scoring game.

WA Eel

Juniors
White Tiger said:
Cheer up guy's your team just gave it to the competition front runners and benchmarks.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I couldn't agree more. Just enjoy the moment for what it is. It's a wonderful day to be a Parra supporter, big win last night, Morrison's been signed capping off a superb recruitment drive.

Be happy for a change. Sometimes I think that some of you take pleasure in making yourselves miserable.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:
You know the one. The game where we ;play like we should, and the players leave the field in joyful embraces, while the TV cameras show fans dancing in the stands. Our first one this year was v Manly. Last year it was v KNights in round 4, and V Cronulla.

The boys played well. But being a tad cynical, I notice that Burt, Vella, Hopkins and a few others suddenly return to form now that Parra have signed big name players for 05. I also know that, all of a sudden, Brian Smith can coach!

Consistency would be better. Still, I'll take a win v the tired chooks. Congrats boys. Premiership next year when the real players arrive!

That's true Misty.

But I think Burt's been playing consistently for a few weeks now; Vella and Hopkins seem to have found form now.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Whats miserable is another thread where everyone wants Smith to be in charge next year!!!!

WA Eel, It's nice that the occasional win is all you seek from our club. Some of us, though, have higher standards. Like SEMI FINALS?????

Eels Dude

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Whats miserable is another thread where everyone wants Smith to be in charge next year!!!!

WA Eel, It's nice that the occasional win is all you seek from our club. Some of us, though, have higher standards. Like SEMI FINALS?????

You want too much.

We're not going to turn into a premiership force over night.

Every Parramatta fan should be over the moon about last night's performance, it's the best win we've had in years.

When supporting a club you have to support the highs and lows. We are experiencing a low at the moment, but at least we are moving forward. Semi finals will happen in the future, just gotta be patient about it.

eels1986

Juniors
Misty you said some of us want SEMI-FINALS. Going by your comments about BS that's not good enough in your books. How nice would it be to win a premiership - man it would be great but the reality is the Eels have only won 4 titles in over 50 years. It seems we have a losing culture.

PJ Marshal

Coach
Electric_Eels said:
I also think our game vs St Geo-Illa was a game where everything worked back in

Here's our last 4 games up in townsville:

Round 26, 2002 Parramatta 6 vs North Qld 15 07-Sep-2002 S.Lyons 14892
Round 8, 2001 Parramatta 14 vs North Qld 14 07-Apr-2001 P.Simpkins 12949
Round 17, 2000 Parramatta 20 vs North Qld 6 27-May-2000 M.Jadwat 12657
Round 11, 1999 Parramatta 16 vs North Qld 12 15-May-1999 S.Hampstead 17256

Our records not bad, but history suggests a low scoring game.

Where is Jadwat now ???

Purple Eel

Juniors
Well said WA Eel. I've been critical of many aspects of the Eels' performances this year (not neccesarily stated on this forum) but this weekend I feel like a winner and nothing can bring me down of this high.

I wish all the misery mongers on this forum would disappear at least until the day we lose miserably again.

WA Eel

Juniors
Misty Bee said:

Right on form there Misty, trotting out the same tired old lines again. Anyone who isn't calling for Brian Smith's head immediately or take the negative out of everything is either:
a) not a true supporter the way you are
b) a Brian Smith lover
c) supporting mediocrity.

I'm sure one of thesse days you'd surprise me by saying something either original or unexpected. I eagerly await that day.

Mr Parra Eels said:
Where is Jadwat now ???

Cowering from the Fans on that Trip,

Ang, Tycie, Oscar, Jess, Helen and I all shared a lift with Mogsheen going to the game (all in our supporters gear)

Ang telling the touchy that it was half his fault the moggy gave all those bad calls to Parramatta at the bar in the hotel after the game.

Then Ang, Ocsar and I all on the same flight as the refs, Mogsheen right next to Ang. The Touchys stirring him about the seat (it was a window seat?!)

The only other thing I can remember is that after Ang, Oscar and I got home we went to the Northen Eagles vs St George at the SFS and froze, when you consider we got on the plane from North Queensland wearing cargo shorts, and left that game with a case of hypothermia. At least we didn't drive down to Canberra to watch the Raiders vs Tigers game like we were planing to do. Imagine going from Cargo shorts before dawn in Townsville to snow on the ground in Canberra in under 5 hours.

True EEL

Bench
agreed Misty, especially about Burt, Vella and co who suddenly played like they can, because they know there are going to be quality players capable of taking their positions next year

you don't just slide into first grade and stay there, you have to earn your place every week and Vella in particular could be looking at a cosy spot on the bench next year With Cayless, Cannings, Stringer and Robinson all potentially competing for the 2 starting front row spots?????

we will see what happens this weekend???? maybe we will keep going, or will we turn on another inept load of rubbsih??