What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Forum

I was just raising my views, like I said I come here to talk footy, I rarely even go in the social part of the knights forum.

As far as the crusade is concerned, due to the fact that I am clearly hated by many members, I neither feel animosity nor well wishes towards it. It was ironic you said I wont you's gone when its clear that many would wish me to vanish.

But like you said properly managed then the measures I suggested are over the top, and I have faith that you and the mods, will take all the steps that you said and this forum will become active and a friendly place to be once more.

Jayell

Juniors
I think the main problem is arguing just for the sake of it. Its a bit silly. Obviously most of us support the knights so i think some people look for tiny little things to argue about. The end result is condescending and arrogant comments....even to the point when some people criticize another for spelling mistakes. We are footy fans when on this forum, so to put someone down cos of a spelling mistake is just pure arrogance.

Doctor

Bench
You talk about keeping new members, however there is something to be said for keeping the old ones. I spent some time away from the forum, only to return and discover a whole lot more hostility. At the risk of saying "it wasn't like this in my day", one has to suggest that the general vibe has dilapidated somewhat.

Perhaps I've changed -- all I know is that we used to disagree on things without feeling the need to take personal stabs at one another. This has changed, to the forum's detriment. I've been on the end of a few myself.

cram

Bench
Oswin said:
You talk about keeping new members, however there is something to be said for keeping the old ones. I spent some time away from the forum, only to return and discover a whole lot more hostility. At the risk of saying "it wasn't like this in my day", one has to suggest that the general vibe has dilapidated somewhat.

Perhaps I've changed -- all I know is that we used to disagree on things without feeling the need to take personal stabs at one another. This has changed, to the forum's detriment. I've been on the end of a few myself.

Well said, my old friend. Oswin and I, in the days of old, had plenty of exchanges but they never involved personal attacks. In fact for me Oswin actually provided the opportunity for me to grow as an individual because I learnt alot by reading his posts and considering his opinion.

PrideKnight

Bench
Jayell said:
I think the main problem is arguing just for the sake of it. Its a bit silly. Obviously most of us support the knights so i think some people look for tiny little things to argue about. The end result is condescending and arrogant comments....even to the point when some people criticize another for spelling mistakes. We are footy fans when on this forum, so to put someone down cos of a spelling mistake is just pure arrogance.

Knights has a capital K and "cos" isnt a word.

Aaaaaand.....i'm taking the piss...so laugh dammit

(Well ok, technically "coz" is a word in Australian English, but its spelt with a "z" dammit!!!)

cram

Bench
unless of course cos in an acronym, for a section of a government department, for which I currently work and then of course if it is it should COS.....lol

Doctor

Bench
cram said:
Well said, my old friend. Oswin and I, in the days of old, had plenty of exchanges but they never involved personal attacks. In fact for me Oswin actually provided the opportunity for me to grow as an individual because I learnt alot by reading his posts and considering his opinion.

Cheers Cram -- right back at you though about learning a lot. You should have seen how I behaved in 1998/99 when I first started posting on the old forum. Most telling from what you've said, though, is that you talk about "plenty of exchanges"... I don't remember a single incident. That says a lot about how personal the disagreements probably were -- that I don't remember ever disagreeing with you is a sign (I hope mutually) that we didn't cross the line from playing the ball to playing the man.

I must say I am conscious of those who run out of the line at me now -- there are some who seem to have thrown out the unwritten rule that you don't attack another member. Such a shame.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I might be way off track here, but is the main problem we seem to be having, coming from the fact that those of us who know each other on a first name basis, call each other that on here? I think that might be a bit of a problem for some people, as it might seem that because we know each other, we might "team up" whenever someone new tries to have an opinion on what we're talking about. Does what I'm saying here make sense? :lol: Anyway, what I'm getting at is maybe we should refer to each other by forum names, rather than first names, that way new members might feel more comfortable? This might already have been said, I'm not sure. Just my two cents on this subject.

Doctor

Bench
Jobdog said:
maybe we should refer to each other by forum names, rather than first names, that way new members might feel more comfortable?

I was of the understanding that people had already agreed to do this... certainly I have been working on this mentality. Part of it is: with the exception of perhaps three or four, I don't know many people's first names. Hence I call them by their forum name. Makes sense to me anyway Jobdog -- it's good to reclarify that for those who were unsure.

antonius

Coach
Have to say I do try and use forum names, but I do slip up now and then, especially with guys like Oswin, who I seem to have known for a very long time, and who I've always had a lot of respect for both here and on the old forums, just seems normal to use his real name, but I will try and refrain from doing so.

northey

First Grade
I might be way off track here, but is the main problem we seem to be having, coming from the fact that those of us who know each other on a first name basis, call each other that on here? I think that might be a bit of a problem for some people, as it might seem that because we know each other, we might "team up" whenever someone new tries to have an opinion on what we're talking about. Does what I'm saying here make sense? Anyway, what I'm getting at is maybe we should refer to each other by forum names, rather than first names, that way new members might feel more comfortable? This might already have been said, I'm not sure. Just my two cents on this subject.

sure thing paul lol

lol some poeple, from the crusade, i only know them by their first name and not by their forum name.

Latest posts