What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Forum

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Also on the subject of the Crusade, I think its a great idea and would love to join. I just can't get to games much at all living in Canberra. Can barely afford the trip as well being a Uni student. But will join once I can get there most home games and have money to do so.

PrideKnight

Bench
Stuzmeister said:
Also on the subject of the Crusade, I think its a great idea and would love to join. I just can't get to games much at all living in Canberra. Can barely afford the trip as well being a Uni student. But will join once I can get there most home games and have money to do so.

should try and catch the bus up if the raiders army sends one up next week, be a good start ;).

northey

First Grade
don't worry i can't get to many games, but i'm still part of the crusade, i just don't have a season ticket for the home games

Stuzmeister

Juniors
PrideKnight said:
should try and catch the bus up if the raiders army sends one up next week, be a good start ;).
Yeah I was planning to come up for that. However a pile of uni work has somehow managed to find its way onto my desk, as well as an empty wallet. Might try and come up for one during the uni holidays.

PrideKnight

Bench
no probs mate, even if you get yourself to sydney, theres always people here willing to get you the rest of the way....especially now TKR has her car too MWUHAHAHAHHAA

stevo

Juniors
The only thing that botheres me about the Crusade thread being private is that if i lived in Newie i'd be most likely sitting with you guys at every game (if you guys would let me;-) ) But i live in Brissy so i can't get to many Knights games if any and feel a little out of the loop. This year i'm hoping to meet you guys up in Townsville when Risa and I go up for the game you guys sound like a great bunch. I can remember some of you fromt he old forum.

How do you become a member. I have tried by the link nut every time i go there my computer chucks a mental and wont bring up the link page.

Parki

Bench
pm prideknight, he will help you

we might even be able to organise to have a crusade jersey made for you, if thats what you desire

PrideKnight

Bench
give me till next week stevo, we are undergoing some admin changes and will have a much more structured approach to membership once a few things are sorted over the next couple of days.

Big Tim

First Grade
Just a few points.

Crusade Sticky is a great idea. We can have info about the group and then each post we can have which games we will be at (which is pretty much all) and especially regarding away games, where we will be located. We meet alot of people this way.

I feel that we need to keep the general Crusade forum private (as bad as that sounds) cos when I make an open invitation to come to my house, its aimed at Crusaders not the entire forum if you know what I mean....

I love posting in the Knights forum. As a passionate supporter I find it difficult to let an argument about my team go, so you will see my posts on here alot. We do however, have members who were Crusaders before forummers who dont feel it is necessary for them to post on the open forum.

In my eyes the Crusade isnt a private group, it is part of the club and so is everybody that watches, attends or just reads about the games. Therefore we are all part of the Newcastle Knights Footbal Club, the Crusade is just a group who like to make a big thing of game day. We like to make noise throughout an entire Football game (whether we are winning or losing) We like to cheer like crazy for our Flegg players and PL players like they were first graders. So those who are interested in these things are free to join, as it was said earlier we dont bite. We are all normal people, with normal jobs and normal lives, just on gamedays we all get together and go a little crazy supporting our team.

Lastly of all this Knights forum is for posting about the Knights, The social forum is for posting about social things and the Crusade forum is for Crusade organisation only. This is the way we will endeavour to keep it.

Newcastle!!!!, Newcastle!!!!, Newcastle!!!!, Newcastle!!!!!

roopy

Referee
My 2c worth.
I have had a fair bit of experience setting up new forums - and the hardest thing is to get people to do their first 3 or 4 posts - after that they are hooked.
This forum has become very unwelcoming to new people - so a lot of people arn't sticking around for long enough to read and respond 3 or 4 times over a few weeks.
My solution - most new people start on the footy section and move on to the social forum - so I say we continue as we are in the social forum - but declare the footy section agro free. The moderators can split off any arguments that develop and move them to the social forum - which means we can still argue over footy - but arguments are seen as a fun thing - which they mostly are - and all should be.
New people would then be able to talk footy in peace - and move on to 'banter' with others when they get to know who is who.

Alex28

Coach
Wow...I knew things were tense but not to this extent.

I've been pretty outspoken in the perceived "arrogance" within the forum (and it comes from all directions) and it appears I'm not the only one who doesn't like what has happened to the forum.

Let me say quite clearly what I have said all along - I have no beef with the Crusade. I'm sitting near the Crusade for the Dragons match. I have met the Crusade at a game last year. As a group I have absolutely no issues with the Crusade.

From my position - the only reason why I have lumped all the people who seem to cause the issues in "The Crusade" is after the Melbourne game when a few of the Crusade guys all turned up at once and let fly at everyone who said anything vaguely negative about the Knights. I should have just let it go at the time, but the way you talked to people was disgraceful. Some choose to ignore it, but I'm not going to tolerate being spoken to that way.

There are members of the forum that berate others for not sharing the same opinion (and yes...that includes me). The treatment of some posters by others is quite ordinary at times. For a group of people that all share the same common passion...man it sucks.

I just think that there needs to be respect for others - from all corners (me included). If you don't agree with someone - then just say so. No need for causing embarrasment. No need for name calling. No need for belittling. No need for aggravation.

We all need to chill out and get back to what has brought us here to start off with - the Knights.

(also...for the record...the Crusade Forum doesn't worry me at all. I see it for what it is - a place to discuss the Crusade. It's better that there is the forum to do that - it's a key in what has made the group a success.)

PrideKnight

Bench
Alex28 said:
Wow...I knew things were tense but not to this extent.

I've been pretty outspoken in the perceived "arrogance" within the forum (and it comes from all directions) and it appears I'm not the only one who doesn't like what has happened to the forum.

Let me say quite clearly what I have said all along - I have no beef with the Crusade. I'm sitting near the Crusade for the Dragons match. I have met the Crusade at a game last year. As a group I have absolutely no issues with the Crusade.

From my position - the only reason why I have lumped all the people who seem to cause the issues in "The Crusade" is after the Melbourne game when a few of the Crusade guys all turned up at once and let fly at everyone who said anything vaguely negative about the Knights. I should have just let it go at the time, but the way you talked to people was disgraceful. Some choose to ignore it, but I'm not going to tolerate being spoken to that way.

There are members of the forum that berate others for not sharing the same opinion (and yes...that includes me). The treatment of some posters by others is quite ordinary at times. For a group of people that all share the same common passion...man it sucks.

I just think that there needs to be respect for others - from all corners (me included). If you don't agree with someone - then just say so. No need for causing embarrasment. No need for name calling. No need for belittling. No need for aggravation.

We all need to chill out and get back to what has brought us here to start off with - the Knights.

(also...for the record...the Crusade Forum doesn't worry me at all. I see it for what it is - a place to discuss the Crusade. It's better that there is the forum to do that - it's a key in what has made the group a success.)

Just for the record, I only arced up at those saying they would never go to another match, that they had no pride in thier jersey anymore, and the like. The boys deserved to be berated for the performance, not deserted, i didn't know that no one else knew about the illness.

I arced up at you specifically because (as i said earlier) you jumped straight down my throat about having "insider information" and came across as being petty and small because of your perception that i knew things you didnt.

Thats my peace

Alex28

Coach
Mate - I only ever had a go to start with because of the way you reacted in the first place - all you had to do was say "You guys don't understand what happened..." and explain. It just needed less aggravation mate.

Looking forward to meeting you guys in a few weekends time in any case :)

Gene Krupa

Referee
Alex28 said:
Looking forward to meeting you guys in a few weekends time in any case :)

Are we going to have that beer I missed out on having with you last year on account of my stupid car?

Roy

Juniors
Is there any real need for the private forums on this site? The crusade forum is yes for members of the crusade only, why does it need to be on this site. The league unlimited forum imo should have all its forums open I don’t see why we need private forums for the few groups in here.

I think if that’s allowed why can’t a group of ten of us make our own private forum on this site and so on. The crusade may need to have its own talk call it what you will but why on an open site like this.

Being a relatively new poster on this forum you get the felling “that’s there own special group they can post what they want in there you cant see it ha-ha” Like someone said before it’s like high school groups.

I’m not having a go at the crusade I think it’s great what they have done, I just think when new people see things like that it gives them the feeling as there not apart of the forum.

Alex28

Coach
Gene Krupa said:
Are we going to have that beer I missed out on having with you last year on account of my stupid car?
For sure mate - looking forward to a Bluetongue at the game :)

Parki

Bench
Is there any real need for the private forums on this site? The crusade forum is yes for members of the crusade only, why does it need to be on this site. The league unlimited forum imo should have all its forums open I don’t see why we need private forums for the few groups in here.

I think if that’s allowed why can’t a group of ten of us make our own private forum on this site and so on. The crusade may need to have its own talk call it what you will but why on an open site like this.

Being a relatively new poster on this forum you get the felling “that’s there own special group they can post what they want in there you cant see it ha-ha” Like someone said before it’s like high school groups.

I’m not having a go at the crusade I think it’s great what they have done, I just think when new people see things like that it gives them the feeling as there not apart of the forum.

sigh

read the last 7 pages, you might get some sort of insight as to why. Im really tired of arguing the point, most people can understand why we need it

Parki

Bench
im sorry if the last point is bitchy, ive tried to be as nice as possible, but jesus christ..... sometimes its like arguing with five year olds, really it is

PrideKnight

Bench
Roy said:

Main reason, we are loyal to LU. If we go and make a forum elsewhere, thats people not even reading here. Thats loss of advertising revenue to LU. I already said this earlier, we stay because we are loyal. JM made the point that it gives us more exposure, it gives us exposure yes, but we have advertising on the jerseys pointing to our website that give us just as much.

There really is no need to keep bringing up the point that you don't think the Crusade forum should be here. You already pointed out you don't like it, I'm sure there are sharks posters who don't like the Feeding Frenzy either.

Its already been stated that the forum will remain here. I assure you, it is not a forum to sit in and poke fun of the rest of the forums. For the most part, it is exactly what has been stated a hundred times already. A private forum to organise games, social events, exchange information freely, etc etc etc. I Like Parki, am tired of arguing the point.

Latest posts