What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Halves

caylo

Bench
Our pack won us the game last night but I want to make a special mention to KK and Mortz who IMO had their best game all year.

Mortimer: His kicking was much improved and was more selective. His passing aswell was better then it has been and while he is still along way-away from being a halfback he is slowly improving every week.

KK: I though his passing game before and after the line were at its best, plus he took on the line a few times and found GI and Finch. KK kicking game was very good, his bombs and long field kicks were very good and I only remember billy catching one ball on the full from a long range kick (KK kicked 30meters from his own line).

The most impressive thing is that KK and Mortz looked like they were playing as a halves partner rather then right and left exclusivly.

as you said our pack won us the game, the creates the space for Morts and KK and they used it well.
Got to give the Storm a rap for thier defence it was outstanding.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I thought Morts's work off the ball was fantastic, always the first to the defence after a kick, really gave the ball carriers some stick..

his execution is still off but no one can doubt his competative streak.

strider

Post Whore
gotta hand it to Mortz also - he's our youngest and smallest player, but when things got willing, he didn't pussy foot around on the outskirts - he was in the thick of it when the first fight happened (and somehow managed to get binned for nothing but a shove in the 2nd fight) .... good on him - think it'll help his confidence to have been involved a bit :thumn

parraeelz

Juniors
Thats true our pack played really well out there and for the first time in a while I thought we looked dangerous every time we had the ball it was great to see after that dragons game. The offloading was also aggressive and controlled and we made plenty of breaks. Great game. The bombs to Slater were the highlight IMO...along with the slaters a wanker chants and hayne all over him he finally cracked:D

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't look to replace either of these two guys despite having their ups and downs, I would persevere with them long term.

lingard

Coach
I was very impressed with Keating tonight. He played what I consider to be his best ever game for Parramatta. He`s been very disappointing so far this year. But last night he stood up and played VERY well. If he can maintain that sort of form, I`d be happy for him to be our five-eight. I hope he can. Mortimer continues to improve (not as quickly as I`d like, but I guess you can`t have everything). And Humble is waiting in the wings for one of them to fail or get injured. It`s suddenly not a bad position, is it?

parra pete

Referee
I was very impressed with Keating tonight. He played what I consider to be his best ever game for Parramatta. He`s been very disappointing so far this year. But last night he stood up and played VERY well. If he can maintain that sort of form, I`d be happy for him to be our five-eight. I hope he can. Mortimer continues to improve (not as quickly as I`d like, but I guess you can`t have everything). And Humble is waiting in the wings for one of them to fail or get injured. It`s suddenly not a bad position, is it?

Me too...I thought he had a great game...even his kicking game was good.
He looked 'bigger' tonight for some reason. Maybe it was his haircut.
Humble made more of an impact than Matt Keating usually makes...To quote Jack Gibson ---all replacements "played strong, done fine".
Danny Mortimer will develop into a tough long term first grader. I see a lot of Uncle Louie in him. More Louie than Steve, imo.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Me too...I thought he had a great game...even his kicking game was good.
He looked 'bigger' tonight for some reason. Maybe it was his haircut.
Humble made more of an impact than Matt Keating usually makes...To quote Jack Gibson ---all replacements "played strong, done fine".
Danny Mortimer will develop into a tough long term first grader. I see a lot of Uncle Louie in him. More Louie than Steve, imo.

do you think his future could be at hooker Pete? imo I think his toughness suits the idea..

ROGUE

Juniors
Finally worked out who kk looks like and it's the kid off the movie the Deliverance

Forty20

First Grade
do you think his future could be at hooker Pete? imo I think his toughness suits the idea..

I wouldn't be surprised if that idea at somepoint is at the very least experimented with by Anderson. Morts has a massive work rate coupled with huge fitness levels (funny that).

There is enough pointing to it to make it worth a punt. It will also depend on how Mitchell and Humble fit into the equation a little bit down the road.

spartan2153

Juniors
Keating was our dominate half last night. This is why he is more critical than mortiner.

Mortimer to hooker will be a long term thing

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There is enough pointing to it to make it worth a punt. It will also depend on how Mitchell and Humble fit into the equation a little bit down the road.

I think Mortimer might be best suited to hooker. He's a tough little defender and his main strengths are his support play and his freakish instincts in broken play.

Although Humble played dummy half last night, I'm sure it was mostly because Mortimer has been playing and training in the halves for 12 months now. If Humble was a regular in the team I'd rather him in the halves with Mortimer at hooker.

The coaching staff know a lot more about the players than I do but then again, I was one of those who thought Robson should move to hooker.

Parra Steve

Juniors
Loved how we put the bomb up several times last night, you knew whoever caught it was going to get smashed

lingard

Coach
I think Mortimer might be best suited to hooker. He's a tough little defender and his main strengths are his support play and his freakish instincts in broken play.

Although Humble played dummy half last night, I'm sure it was mostly because Mortimer has been playing and training in the halves for 12 months now. If Humble was a regular in the team I'd rather him in the halves with Mortimer at hooker.

The coaching staff know a lot more about the players than I do but then again, I was one of those who thought Robson should move to hooker.

I wouldn`t be surprised if Anderson`s idea was to bring Humble on at five-eight, and move Keating to hooker. But Keating was playing so well at five-eight, he left him there.