What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our home crowds.

shaggs

Coach
Did they multiply x 2?
It wouldn’t be far off.

An hour before kickoff I thought we would struggle but by halftime the northern hills and all the corners were packed.
Peter burns has a few empties.
The bar lines and food lines were long

I posted this in the podcast thread and no one has replied.
Can someone please find fault with my summation, maths, direction, anything... please.

I'm no economist, far from it actually, but if someone can correct my figures here please do.

If 16500 is needed to BREAK EVEN THEN judging on last years average we are in more than deep shit.
Last year's home average was 12700.
16500-12700= 3800, people per game need to attend.
What's an average fee to get into all parts of the ground?? I'll use $30 just for an example
3800 x30 = 114000 dollars extra per game needed to BREAK even
114000 x 12 games per season = $1,386,000 per season loss
If this is correct, then that trumpeted $1.5m we are supposedly getting per season from this fire sale will just cover our losses from crowd dollars loss.

I hate to say it but if this is the case, then for survival in Sydney we need to move to the new SFS, get paid to play there, and sell off the rest of the land.
Or somehow get 16,500 season ticket holders.
Someone please please correct me if I'm wrong.

Card Shark

Immortal
Ok you’re wrong.

Actually the concept is wrong from the club.

It really depends on how many are members & how many aren’t.

If we have 16,500 seated members, aren’t we sweet?

Every other ticket purchased is a bonus. Puts more emphasis on memberships!

Ok you’re wrong.

Actually the concept is wrong from the club.

It really depends on how many are members & how many aren’t.

If we have 16,500 seated members, aren’t we sweet?

Every other ticket purchased is a bonus. Puts more emphasis on memberships!
I said that.
I'm still not wrong

Frenzy.

Immortal
I posted this in the podcast thread and no one has replied.
Can someone please find fault with my summation, maths, direction, anything... please.

I'm no economist, far from it actually, but if someone can correct my figures here please do.

If 16500 is needed to BREAK EVEN THEN judging on last years average we are in more than deep shit.
Last year's home average was 12700.
16500-12700= 3800, people per game need to attend.
What's an average fee to get into all parts of the ground?? I'll use $30 just for an example
3800 x30 = 114000 dollars extra per game needed to BREAK even
114000 x 12 games per season = $1,386,000 per season loss
If this is correct, then that trumpeted $1.5m we are supposedly getting per season from this fire sale will just cover our losses from crowd dollars loss.

I hate to say it but if this is the case, then for survival in Sydney we need to move to the new SFS, get paid to play there, and sell off the rest of the land.
Or somehow get 16,500 season ticket holders.
Someone please please correct me if I'm wrong.

By this summation I would think it is potentially worse.

14,843 members as of now according to LU membership tracker.

No way much more than half of them go to games. Some won’t be ticket members, how ever many country and interstate members

So I reckon you need another ~ 7000 per game to break even.

Card Shark

Immortal
It would be good to know how many ticketed members.

The other thing with this is they pay a lower rate per seat than if it was bought separately.

Anyway, yeh as it stands we probably do need the 7,000 extra to fill the quota.

By this summation I would think it is potentially worse.

14,843 members as of now according to LU membership tracker.

No way much more than half of them go to games. Some won’t be ticket members, how ever many country and interstate members

So I reckon you need another ~ 7000 per game to break even.
Yep.
I was being kind.

So 7000 x 30 x 12 = worse
Well you are only taking into account season ticket holders, not the extra supporters who turn up on game day.

If we actually had 16500 season ticket holders there would only be 2000 odd tickets available each game day. The profit for Game days would be those 2000 plus the grog and merch sold.
Hard to see all that happening.

txta2

Bench
Owning the ground may be their undoing if other clubs are getting paid to move games. The Tits game is a classic case of a match which should be moved to make money.

tye

Juniors
We are pretty much the only Sydney club who doesn’t move games. If we are running at a loss each home game surely we look at moving at least 2. Not popular but smart business.

How does it cost half a mill to put on a game ?
Some very hefty game day pay cheques...
Dunno, its quite bizarre. And to think if this is true, it has been going on for a very long time with no rectification.

Does anyone know the deal Souths and the Bulldogs have to play out of Homebush?
Dont they get payed a certain amount every game, no matter how many spectators turn up?

shadowboxer

First Grade
We are pretty much the only Sydney club who doesn’t move games. If we are running at a loss each home game surely we look at moving at least 2. Not popular but smart business.
If it means survival, then they would be mad if they don’t.
Not popular but the current model isn’t turning a profit and hasn’t for years, even with a premiership to boot.
If not, 5 years down the track we will be back in the hole