What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Next Half Back

Who do you think will be our next halfback??

• Thomas Leuluai

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Mathew Head

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Ruan Pienaar

• Sean Long

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Walker

• Kurt Gidley

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Jarrod Mullen

• Ben Reynolds

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • John Morris

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Brett Finch

• Brent Sherwin

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Brett Hodgson

• other....

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Young Elias

Juniors
I hate Finch but believe he is a good enough player. I reckon Sheensy would mould him into a quality player and into a player that would work well within the side. But I hope we dont get him.

joel caine number 1 fan said:
he wont stay there because there is no room for him at the roosters with Soward at half and anasta at 5/8
By the time Mitchell Pierce is ready for 1st Grade, Anasta will be moved to lock.

The Colonel

Immortal
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
By the time Mitchell Pierce is ready for 1st Grade, Anasta will be moved to lock.

By the time Mitchell gets to first grade he will be a lock..... ;-)

Blake Green is coming off contract at the Eels this season - Australian Schoolboys halback who the Eels are trying to turn into a 5/8. Much better half - I hope he can find a club that will play him in his natural position.

colonel_123

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
what about rangi chase or is he exclusively a hooker?

Hard to tell, a few people have quoted recruitment manager Warren McDonnell as saying that Chase was now only a hooker.

However he was moved back to half-back this weekend for the Tigers premier league match against the Bulldogs.

MrCharisma

Bench
Why not look at Jarrod Mullan... he's off contract at the Knights. Amazing talent who's working closely with Joey

aqua_duck

Coach
MrCharisma said:
Why not look at Jarrod Mullan... he's off contract at the Knights. Amazing talent who's working closely with Joey
No way knights would let go of him without a fight

brook

First Grade
colonel_123 said:
Hard to tell, a few people have quoted recruitment manager Warren McDonnell as saying that Chase was now only a hooker.

However he was moved back to half-back this weekend for the Tigers premier league match against the Bulldogs.

He was moved to half only due to lack of other options though, With Reynolds in first grade, Nowland injured and Caldwell still shaking off the cobwebs after a very long time out Chase was the only reasonable option available to them.

I'd expect him to move back to hooker soon and with Robbie out it really is probably his chance to grab a bench spot in first grade.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
Ryan Borg?

Borgy has moved on to Sharks, currently playing off the Bench as a back up Half/Fullback. He wants to play Fullback and believes he has a decent chance at cracking First Grade there because Simmons is relatively inexperienced there.

Utey

Coach
Magpie Nick said:
Borgy has moved on to Sharks, currently playing off the Bench as a back up Half/Fullback. He wants to play Fullback and believes he has a decent chance at cracking First Grade there because Simmons is relatively inexperienced there.

Good on him too. No opportunity at the Tiges.

knights9

Juniors
Rangi Chase should get ago at Halfback he's played with Benji before at Keebra Park, Caldwell is a good player but he's more of a five-eighth than a Halfback and i dont think he;s ready for first grade, Marc Russell he's only young but he's got talent would work well with benji but like Caldwell i dont think he's ready for first grade.

brook

First Grade
Chase is back at hooker in PL this week too

Marando has moved to the halves now that Mcdonnell is back at fullback

Nowland is still on the bench but they've named two halves on the bench so looks like he will end up dropping out again.

brook

First Grade
he *plays* halfback but he isn't 'a halfback'

I actually disagree with MT here, I think chase is more halfback than hooker but the club doesn't agree and I think this week has made it resoundingly clear we wont be seeing him in first grade in ANY position any time soon (which considering our injuries, his form and the people selected ahead of him I think is a real shame)

brook

First Grade
knights9 said:
Rangi Chase should get ago at Halfback he's played with Benji before at Keebra Park, Caldwell is a good player but he's more of a five-eighth than a Halfback and i dont think he;s ready for first grade, Marc Russell he's only young but he's got talent would work well with benji but like Caldwell i dont think he's ready for first grade.

Prince is more of a 5/8th than halfback too and it seems to be working for us :p

I don't think Caldwell is ready at the moment either, he's clearly still finding form after a very long time out and, while he is improving every game, he hasn't got back to anywhere near his best yet.

I think he's as good a chance as anyone else of being ready by next year though.

I do like what I've seen of Russell, obviously though I agree with you that he's a lot further off than any other option and wont be even close to first grade for a few years yet.

Latest posts