What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Next Half Back

Who do you think will be our next halfback??

• Thomas Leuluai

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Mathew Head

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Ruan Pienaar

• Sean Long

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Walker

• Kurt Gidley

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Jarrod Mullen

• Ben Reynolds

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • John Morris

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Brett Finch

• Brent Sherwin

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Brett Hodgson

• other....

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Davester

Juniors
Tigers chase Monaghan
by James Hooper
The Daily Telegraph's Main Game Hush Hush column, page 36

THE latest potential halfback on the top of Wests Tigers' wish list is Manly hooker Michael Monaghan.

Contracted to the Sea Eagles on a $280,000 a season deal until 2008, the Tigers are interested in raising the issue of releasing Monaghan with Manly.

Monaghan already enjoys a close tie with the Tigers - his sister Danielle is married to Wests welfare manager Paul Heptonstall.

parra pete

Referee
tigers_are_premiers said:
Well there are few choices......We have benji, Caldwell, Reynolds, or will we look somewhere else??? Maybe Michael Monaghan, Tronc from melbourne, or even someone from England.

What do you think.................

Tronc???? Surely you mean Cronk. Tronc would be the biggest half back ever..
Why don't you look in your own huge backyard!!!!! and leave other Clubs alone. Better still, why did the Tigers release Scott Prince???

gallagher

Juniors
parra pete said:
Why don't you look in your own huge backyard!!!!! and leave other Clubs alone. Better still, why did the Tigers release Scott Prince???

Every clubs looks outside their own backyard for players, even your team. Trouble is that you keep looking at Souths backyard. Its o.k, I'd be dirty too if my club bought McKinnon.Stringer and Moi Moi.

Prince wasnt released either.

Davester

Juniors
parra pete said:

:lol: ...ah you funny one parra pete, that was good...and i aint talkin bout what you said about tronc...the rest of it is funny though

parra pete

Referee
:lol: What's the answer then? Isn't there a worthy half back in the Junior rep teams that you could develop??? What about Ben Jeffrey playing on the wing in your lower grade team. He was a GUN when playing in the Riverina...

Yeah....I meant Cooper Cronk....sorry. He has since signed with the Storm anyway....

By the way, the tigers never released Prince, he is off contract.....

brook

First Grade
parra pete said:
:lol: What's the answer then? Isn't there a worthy half back in the Junior rep teams that you could develop??? What about Ben Jeffrey playing on the wing in your lower grade team. He was a GUN when playing in the Riverina...

Theres a few likely prospects in the lower grades, the main problem is I can't see any of them being ready next year - if we had until 2008 things would be a lot easier.

All the same this is the major reason I'm not too fussed by whoever we sign, imo theres enough real talent waiting in the wings that we only need a caretaker halfback and even if we end up sacrificing the season until jeffery/caldwell/chase/russell/nowland/flanagan etc is ready I don't think I'll be too upset.

all I ask is that next years halves don't involve either Reynolds or Fitzy

Latest posts