What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our predicted lineup R1

Frank Facer

First Grade
If "McFooknuckle" had any nous, he could've tried Widdop at half (who I believe would've adapted) with Mann at five-eighth.

Then again, I said the same thing when Marshall was around.

Unfortunately, the 'coach' lacks common sense and any proclivity to take a gamble - excluding installing JDB at halfback,
I would have tried Widdop at half and Mann at 5/8 last year too.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
It seems the common consensus that MANN is too good a player,to get 7 minutes every leap year when we have so many underwhelming players taking up spots that no other coach would give them .take your pick I think McDONALD, NIGHTINGALE,LAFAI,and AITKEN , one or more of them need to be introduced to the reserve grade coach .....................

getsmarty

Immortal
It seems the common consensus that MANN is too good a player,to get 7 minutes every leap year when we have so many underwhelming players taking up spots that no other coach would give them .take your pick I think McDONALD, NIGHTINGALE,LAFAI,and AITKEN , one or more of them need to be introduced to the reserve grade coach .....................

Agree...But I fear it will be a cut and paste from last year with the exception of Hunt > McCrone & Graham > Packer. Mary is too conservative as a coach..will stick with the players he used last year.

Drag Queen

Bench
Agree...But I fear it will be a cut and paste from last year with the exception of Hunt > McCrone & Graham > Packer. Mary is too conservative as a coach..will stick with the players he used last year.
Get out of here. You're so right, PS do you have a hangover cure? I'm hurting atm. Keep those articles coming and I'll give boot camp a miss today Xx

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Time to revisit this thread particularly after the 1st trial match:
As of now, and this may change after the CS (where someone like Herbert may stake a claim for example) this would be my round 1 line up:
F/B - Dufty
Wings - Nighty (R)/McDonald (L)
Centres - Mann (R)/Lafai (L)
5/8 - Widdop
7 - Hunt
Hooker - McInnes
Lock - JDB
2nd Row - Friz (R)/Host (L)
FR - Graham/Vaughan

Bench
Sims
LAM
Leilua
Field

Ext bench:
Robson
Kerr
Lomax
Sele

Im almost tempted to start with Graham and Sims and bring Vaughan on against tired forwards where i think he would make a bigger impact. Or even start with Vaughan and Sims and bring Graham on for Sims at about 20 min mark (int 1) Graham would probably then be able to play out the rest of the game. LAM on for Vaughan (int 2). Vaughan on for LAM (55-60 min mark) (int 3). Sims could be saved for an interchange with Graham or still an int with either of the edge forwards (Friz for example).
Anyway just my initial thoughts after the first trial and may well change after the CS.

BennyV

Referee
Herbert could run riot this Saturday and he wont be starting Round 1. Just the way it is. TBH, I'm pretty confident we'll see Aitken in the centres and Mann on the bench in Rd1.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Aitken's cross field running in the trial vs Hull was compelling. I mean it wasn't as if he scored the match winner or set Nighty up for a try or anything ... The cross field stuff ..> WHOA ... that's a class player.

gitano

Juniors
Aitken's cross field running in the trial vs Hull was compelling. I mean it wasn't as if he scored the match winner or set Nighty up for a try or anything ... The cross field stuff ..> WHOA ... that's a class player.
Ahhh Rufus the doofus.
Had no quality ball.

Oh. And it's a trial.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Mann and lafai are quality players who were able to position themselves to receive quality ball .. Aitken ran sideways ... never his fault though . Good reserve grader.

gitano

Juniors
Mann and lafai are quality players who were able to position themselves to receive quality ball .. Aitken ran sideways ... never his fault though . Good reserve grader.
Look at you trying to analyse the game. Poorly I might add, but adorable nonetheless

RufusRex

Post Whore
Thanks honey .. appeaciate it ...

Of course the entire forum is still waiting for anything from you which backs up your position on Aitken apart from "He runs hard" ...

Old Timer

Coach
Thanks honey .. appeaciate it ...

Of course the entire forum is still waiting for anything from you which backs up your position on Aitken apart from "He runs hard" ...
Maybe Gitano is a gluteus maximus' connoisseur after all they are essential to be able to run hard?

Belta

Juniors
Brisbane appear red hot ATM. In comparison we appear a little clunky.

Having said this I can tolerate and understand us being a little out of synch, if we are throwing the ball around and focusing on attacking plays, as well as working on different combinations and trying even trying some unconventional plays.

As far as our forward go, I'd like to see our forwards rip in this time. I believe it's a good opportunity to signal our intentions by putting in a strong performance and installing some early confidence to really set the tone for start of the season.

Hoping zField, Kerr, Lomax and Luc get some game time

nontime111

Juniors
Round 1 Team:

Dufty
Lomax
Lafai
Field
Nene
Widdop
Hunt
Vaughn